Invis, Invuln, Evade, Reflect, Block, Teleport, Stealth and more in one class!

Straegen.2938

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:Ok, explain this, why doesn't EVERY guild just roll all Mirages and take over the entire map, every week?

I'm waiting.

Or, you can admit you are salty you lost to a dueling class when you got cut off from your zerg.

What does map situation have to do with class balance? Dont mix npc fights with player fights.

Also not everyone plays in zergs.

@Kovu.7560 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Most mirages think they are not OP because they still getting curb stomped by a more OP soulbeast.

Huh.

@"Thread" said:Invis,
Invuln, Evade, Reflect, Block
, Teleport, Stealth

The high uptime on the bolded makes it difficult, for even soulbeast.

~ Kovu

The mirages defending their OPness in the PvP forums think otherwise though.One of their claims to their non-OPness is because boonbeasts counter them.But they don't realize that it doesn't mean they are not OP just because there is a build/class that can defeat them.Mirages are still overtuned. Like Deadeyes and Soulbeasts are overtuned.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/66881/how-do-people-decide-that-mirage-is-op-its-not-op-a-defense-of-the-cyber-bullied-class/p1

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Most mirages think they are not OP because they still getting curb stomped by a more OP soulbeast.

Huh.

@"Thread" said:Invis,
Invuln, Evade, Reflect, Block
, Teleport, Stealth

The high uptime on the bolded makes it difficult, for even soulbeast.

~ Kovu

The mirages defending their OPness in the PvP forums think otherwise though.One of their claims to their non-OPness is because boonbeasts counter them.But they don't realize that it doesn't mean they are not OP just because there is a build/class that can defeat them.Mirages are still overtuned. Like Deadeyes and Soulbeasts are overtuned.

Cool. Good for them. I wish I could invest in enough unblockable attacks on my soulbeast to get around their block & reflect uptime, to say nothing of their evasion & invulnerability frames. Give soulbeast 2 seconds of unblockable on dodge and allow them to rapid fire or maul while dodging, then we'll talk. I sometimes do 1 pvp match for the daily chests. In case a pvp-only reward track I care about comes out down the road. My match yesterday was mirage, mirage, soulbeast, holo, guardian vs. a mirror'd comp. It was visual cancer. Mirages are clearly a far cry from obsolete, as some people are crying in that thread.People complain about passive defenses which is totally fair, though there is such a thing as too many active defenses. Mirages cross that line. By quite a bit.

Boonbeast needs to get toned down (namely the boon recycling traits) -- it doesn't hardcounter mirage. It's certainly capable of deleting chronos and core mesmers, but the latter isn't really a fair comparison. I don't keep up with the pvp meta, but I did catch this image dropped in that thread. I can't speak to the context or accuracy, but its something to think about.

edit- To be fair this is all a subjective opinion from a ranger main. I actually have more difficulty fighting warriors and holosmiths due to their general tankiness, CC and ability to still put out heavy damage with tankier stats. Mirages are a clean #3 though.

bmQ7gLn.jpg

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Mirages are still overtuned. Like Deadeyes and Soulbeasts are overtuned.Like firebrands are overtuned. Like spellbreakers are overtuned. Like holosmiths. Like heralds (anything else exist?). Like scourges.

In fact the only one that seems to stand alone is the poor weaver.

But then again I've also seen them bring the skills and the build to beat all of the above.

What even is balance?

forgot the clone spam that makes you search for your opponentforgot the confusion spam that makes you dont use your skills so you dont dieforgot the torment spam that makes you dont move so you dont die

so we need to search for our opponents while standing still and not using skills - SUCH A FUN CLASS DESIGN <3

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:Ok, explain this, why doesn't EVERY guild just roll all Mirages and take over the entire map, every week?

I'm waiting.

Or, you can admit you are salty you lost to a dueling class when you got cut off from your zerg.

Why didn't EVERY guild just roll all Scourges, back before Scourge were nerfed and scaled back a bit?

Mirage is overtuned and will be scaled back in due time.

@Zawn.9647 said:forgot the clone spam that makes you search for your opponentforgot the confusion spam that makes you dont use your skills so you dont dieforgot the torment spam that makes you dont move so you dont die

so we need to search for our opponents while standing still and not using skills - SUCH A FUN CLASS DESIGN <3You can still have some fun with killing some of his clones with retaliation :3

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Mirages are still overtuned. Like Deadeyes and Soulbeasts are overtuned.Like firebrands are overtuned. Like spellbreakers are overtuned. Like holosmiths. Like heralds (anything else exist?). Like scourges.

In fact the only one that seems to stand alone is the poor weaver.

But then again I've also seen them bring the skills and the build to beat
all
of the above.

What even is balance?

To @Dawdler.8521 's point,

Interestingly enough, with the exception of Teleport, you could copy/pasta the thread title onto a NERF Holosmith thread. Just sayin'

I'm waiting.

You don't need a dueling class to kill zerglings that get cutoff from their squad. I do it on my zerg comp builds all the time. How bout you go give yourself a challenge and go kill the experienced roamers/duelers instead....you know, cuz condi mirage isn't already a faceroll-condi spam-clone spam-almost can't lose-class....killing stragglers is so hard.

@"displayname.8315" said:WvW is designed an advertised to be "massive battles". If you choose to forsake your server and go it alone can't really complain about balance in a made-up player created meta-mode.

Go play a few matches of PvP, you might get bored quick but you'll get your fix.Not really. Wiki: "WvW is designed to accommodate players that would not normally participate in PvP. For instance, the high player limit means that a new player can get involved without immediately feeling pressured to contribute. In addition, objectives are available for a variety of group sizes, so players don't need to be members of dedicated guilds in order to be productive."There's also a chapter for solo and small scale roaming.

EDIT: should have red that chapter before posting, since there's nothing said about balanced fights :o :s

Archived