Why is Heart of the Mists so ugly?

@masskillerxploit.2165 said:It literally looks the same (just divided up into islands so pvpers have a reason to buy gem store skin items) as the old Heart of the mists? For gw2 being a very aesthetically good looking game.. why does heart of the mists look like trash? Anets current excuse is that it is suppose too look battle scarred or something..

It's cause I took a dump in the old mists and somehow I ripped a hole in the space time continuum and what we got now is the end result...

@ibThuggin.1758 said:

@masskillerxploit.2165 said:It literally looks the same (just divided up into islands so pvpers have a reason to buy gem store skin items) as the old Heart of the mists? For gw2 being a very aesthetically good looking game.. why does heart of the mists look like trash? Anets current excuse is that it is suppose too look battle scarred or something..

It's cause I took a dump in the old mists and somehow I ripped a hole in the space time continuum and what we got now is the end result...

To be honest the heart of the mists look like a pile of shit. No art, just broken buildings/no color. Depressing af.

@Crinn.7864 said:Pretty sure the new heart of the mists looks much better. The old heart of the mists was just a collection of assets from core tyria all piled together

TBH, literally what looks different from the old heart of the mists to the new one? added fountains ? lmfao.... they literally just copy pasted the same textures while making odd looking floating islands.

• 1 year later...

My only concern is that, the dull colors do not help to the people in pvp's mentality; seeing all that depressing colors, dull music and "dead" theme is kinda downing. I would like to see nice colors, pretty colors, an area that it is nice to AFK even. Colors like the Aurene room in El Dorado; nice "happy" shades of blue/green and gold, shiny and magical/mystical. It just might help improve PvP player's overall underlaying "mood", just a thought.

I kinda like it, certainly better than the one before.

A new flashy one would be better though, I agree. For a place called "Heart of the Mists" it really isn't too special. Should look more like the Hall of Heroes in GW1, but with the floating islands we have (and maybe a bit less glorious than HoH).

Archived