Best class for commanding

Envy.1748

Lots of trolls here.Firebrand ofcourse and the main reason for that is so you have overview when your F2 + F3 books are available and when do you have stability ready. Playing other classes makes you play blind so unless you dont ask for constant feedback about the status of stability and books, then youre screwed. Its a bit of a hassle also to ask it constantly so youre better off playing the class itself.If you have 0 overview on books + stability, dont bother commanding.

If you have core follower group willing to feedback you on cooldowns when not playing firebrand and if you fully understand the firebrand class and what it gives, only then play something else.Overall FB still is a foolproof choice even for veteran commanders.

Guardian or in the current meta Firebrand. Reason is simple, they have always been core meta to zergs/guilds and a darling of ANet. They are arguably the most OP class in the game because they have always been deemed as required.

They zerg, they skirmish and they are even solid roamers particularly with the mount changes. Blow up DH is one of the hardest hitting roaming builds in the game that has excellent defensive capability.

@Straegen.2938 said:Guardian or in the current meta Firebrand. Reason is simple, they have always been core meta to zergs/guilds and a darling of ANet. They are arguably the most OP class in the game because they have always been deemed as required.

I am pretty sure I've heard these exact words being used before... on mesmer.

Maybe guardian is WvW's mesmer. :)

Honestly depends on your playstyle too, I wouldn't recommend a healer for commanding since you're always going to be in the front of the group where your healing isn't going to be particularly effective.

Run something with good CC potential so you can direct where your squad's damage should land

I don't think Scrapper is among the top choices due to that its healing/support is directional - you have to be facing your target to heal/cleanse/etc them. If you're commanding, you're out front and everybody else is behind you...so if you want to heal 'em, you have to run backwards, which seems a little counterproductive/slowing. I'd take support classes that can support behind them while still running forward. I'd go scourge (maybe, they're slow), firebrand, warr, etc. Some durable frontline class.

@Curennos.9307 said:I don't think Scrapper is among the top choices due to that its healing/support is directional - you have to be facing your target to heal/cleanse/etc them. If you're commanding, you're out front and everybody else is behind you...so if you want to heal 'em, you have to run backwards, which seems a little counterproductive/slowing. I'd take support classes that can support behind them while still running forward. I'd go scourge (maybe, they're slow), firebrand, warr, etc. Some durable frontline class.The scrapper dumps a ton of AoE healing down as they run, there is a reason its a zerg healer and not just frontline support..

I see a pretty even split between Firebrand and Chrono. FB for the aforementioned reasons of having full control over your own boons and awareness of other guards' cooldowns. Chrono for the reason of having full control over stealths, ports, and pulls. It comes down to how much of a control freak you are, and what you are comfortable leaving in the hands of others.

Archived