A fully staffed team

Klipso.8653

Anet is dedicating one of their 4 teams now? That's great!

We are taking the opportunity now to reorganize ourselves into four fully staffed content teams with additional teams dedicated to supporting the core game like Skills and Balance, Rewards, WvW, and sPvP.

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:They’re not dedicating one of the four based on the phrasing.

Yeah, it's ambiguous. It's unclear if they have one team that rotates what it's working on or a couple of teams to cover everything that isn't the "four fully staffed content teams."

Also "fully staffed" could mean two people, depending on how they defined the amount of staff hours needed.

Or in other words: as stated, it doesn't really tell us anything. The proof will be in the pudding

I'm cautiously optimistic.

The thread on GW2 future direction.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72842/what-s-next-for-guild-wars-2#latest

Information related to wvw.

The FutureWe also have our sights set on a few features that have already been in development for some time. Please understand that these are all works in progress, so details can change between here and the final version, and we don’t have a timeline for the release of any of these. These features will ship when they are ready.

• We are taking the opportunity now to reorganize ourselves into four fully staffed content teams with additional teams dedicated to supporting the core game like Skills and Balance, Rewards, WvW, and sPvP.
  • Content teams will have more flexibility to decide what makes sense for a given release—for example, we could focus on expanding the boundaries and content of an existing map if that would provide a better experience than creating a new one. Ultimately, this will mean a relatively steady release of new content that will allow us to continue telling the story of Tyria in exciting new ways.
  • Over the past few months, astute players have been noticing a trend of updates and improvements to how our skill-slotting system works and have accurately speculated that the long-requested feature of build templates is in the works.
  • We’ve mentioned in the past how important world restructuring is to our WvW initiatives, and that hasn’t changed. While the Programming Team is focused on this initiative, the team is also focusing on smaller updates that can temporarily change the game mode, like the No Downed State Week we’ve done in the past. We’re also talking about different types of reward structures for events.

Further Down the RoadBeyond all of this, here is some of what’s on our radar for the future. None of these have been fully designed and are even more subject to change—or being shelved:

• For WvW, we’ve talked about changing the matches so that scoring matters in 8-hour intervals. This allows us to address gameplay in off-peak hours in a way that doesn’t invalidate the work of the most active populations.

We are taking the opportunity now to reorganize ourselves into four fully staffed content teams with additional teams dedicated to supporting the core game like Skills >and Balance, Rewards, WvW, and sPvP.

At last they confirmed that they actually abandoned both WvW and PvP-mode in favour of PvE. That might be the very first step of curing you illness ANet, lol.

@Widmo.3186 said:

We are taking the opportunity now to reorganize ourselves into four fully staffed content teams with additional teams dedicated to supporting the core game like Skills >and Balance, Rewards, WvW, and sPvP.

At last they confirmed that they actually abandoned both WvW and PvP-mode in favour of PvE. That might be the very first step of curing you illness ANet, lol.

Nothing of what they stated backs up what you suggesting.

"four fully staffed content teams / "additional teams... for spvp/wvw". Sounds more like spare tyre devs. How many more devs are we getting this time? 1.5?When they say "additional", all I can think of is "a dev that may be able to muster some extra hours". When are we getting fully staffed wvw team? You want to get our attention, then that would do it. Right now this communication, although it is something, is just like watching the mouth move but with no words coming out. Wvw is getting the short end of the stick - some might not agree, but this is how I feel still.

Keep in mind they did give the disclaimer that any of this is subject to change or be shelved entirely. It is up to us to give our voice on what we want not complain about how many people are working on what project. That is just wasted strokes on the keyboard. The fact of the matter is with the new Armistice Bastion Pass and Warclaw they obviously are putting some resources into WvW. Lets give them ideas and cheer them on while we have their attention before its too late.

@"Excursion.9752" said:Keep in mind they did give the disclaimer that any of this is subject to change or be shelved entirely. It is up to us to give our voice on what we want not complain about how many people are working on what project. That is just wasted strokes on the keyboard. The fact of the matter is with the new Armistice Bastion Pass and Warclaw they obviously are putting some resources into WvW. Lets give them ideas and cheer them on while we have their attention before its too late.

I think many will agree that they've been giving ideas the last six or so years, which I guess amounts to wasted strokes on the keyboard? I'm pretty sure a lot of people have been "giving their voice" this whole time. Let's hope the only way is up now because I don't want it to sink any lower than it already is.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

• We are taking the opportunity now to reorganize ourselves into four fully staffed content teams with additional teams dedicated to supporting the core game like Skills and Balance, Rewards, WvW, and sPvP.Uh so... no more PvE content, ie expansions? That's actually not a good sign for the future of the game, lol.

Anyway the last time they said they would fully dedicate themselves to WvW as soon as the expansion had released it ended up in... absolutely nothing. So, cautiously optimistic. Or maybe enthusiastically indifferent.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:
  • We are taking the opportunity now to reorganize ourselves into four fully staffed content teams with additional teams dedicated to supporting the core game like Skills and Balance, Rewards, WvW, and sPvP.Uh so... no more PvE content, ie expansions? That's actually not a good sign for the future of the game, lol.

Anyway the last time they said they would fully dedicate themselves to WvW as soon as the expansion had released it ended up in... absolutely nothing. So, cautiously optimistic. Or maybe enthusiastically indifferent.

That's not what it says. It just says that additional teams now exist to help the other teams, that have been reorganized as well. So no "Only 1 Dev for WvW" anymore.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:

That's not what it says. It just says that additional teams now exist to help the other teams, that have been reorganized as well. So no "Only 1 Dev for WvW" anymore.That's not what it says either if you want to get into technicalities. 1 dev could still be defined as the "addtional WvW team" while the "four fully staffed content teams" would have absolutely nothing to do with WvW (or the other things mentioned).

This is why I find it odd that that they mentioned these "additional teams" purpose but there's not a single mention of any of the "fully staffed content teams" working on a new expansion. Not even a hint. Quite on the contrary, they only mention minor tweaks to maps, events and the living story. To me that is maintenance mode of the existing game and finishing up PoF with its living story. Actual new content would be an expansion.

The "four fully-staffed content teams" do indeed have nothing to do with WvW. They're the four teams making PvE content.

The other supplementary teams are the ones no-one expects to accomplish very much. WvW is one of those. Congratulations.

I believe they've always had permanent teams in place, expansion, living story, spvp, and wvw (even if it was just 1 or 2 people it's still a team!) Rest of the devs floated to wherever they were needed at the time to get projects done. A permanent skills and balance team could be the key news here, as I've always believed they only brought the class/skill devs in to balance for their quarterly updates, then they went back to whatever else they were working on in between.

I don't doubt they have been working on an expansion, as the roadmap was suppose to be something like living story season, then expansion, then living story season then expansion etc. But given what's happened to the company recently I expect delays there, especially since they're going straight from season 4 to 5. I don't expect a lot of dev power thrown at wvw anyways, so don't start throwing parties yet.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

History does though... The comment is confirmation.

I haven't seen this from Anet in like 2 or so years, I feel like George Michaels now gotta have faith ?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

4 content teams could mean a team is dedicated to expansions, the additional teams outside those 4 are responsible for WvW, PvP and balancing.

We dont know what those 4 teams are working on, 1 could be expansions, another could be LS, another could be finishing SAB and the other could be building GVG arenas or more PvP modes for all we know... I know a lot of us in PvP have been asking for DM to come back for years or for more PvP focused game modes as stronghold was too PvE centric for most pvp players to enjoy.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

I haven't seen this from Anet in like 2 or so years, I feel like George Michaels now gotta have faith ?

You mean confirmation bias.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Nope... I don't.

Disconfirmation bias would apply here though but not on my behalf.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Nope... I don't.

No. You’re displaying confirmation bias as you’re misinterpreting the comment based on your own perceived misconceptions in regards to Anet’s resources towards WvW.

We don’t know how many of their staff actually worked on WvW before. Their post today gave zero indication of that. What it did give was that they would have additional teams for WvW amongst other things. That’s more or less how things are now. And if they are having other teams work on WvW, and that they mentioned the work overhaul, it’s pretty clear that they haven’t abandoned WvW.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Nope... I don't.

No. You’re displaying confirmation bias as you’re misinterpreting the comment based on your own perceived misconceptions in regards to Anet’s resources towards WvW.

Nope, but I couldnt care less what you believe to be honest.

All I did was read about why Anet devs were let go and then a comment about allocating teams to content and WvW/PvP.You can call it what ever you want.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Nope... I don't.

Nope, but I couldnt care less what you believe to be honest.

All I did was read about why Anet devs were let go and then a comment about allocating teams to content and WvW/PvP.You can call it what ever you want.

The same comment about allocating teams to PvE and elsewhere too. Explaining how they intend to cover content going forward doesn’t mean tha said content wasn’t covered before. Well... unless it’s dungeons.

Archived