im too toxic in pvp i need help

carforsale.9462

so many bad low player in pvp, it just make me sick, mistakes from other player during match just trigger me, i spend half the time typing in chat yelling them where to go wat to do, what do i need to do now so i won be so toxic, i luv pvp, the only thing i can think of now is just to uninstall this game and move on

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@carforsale.9462 said:so many bad low player in pvp, it just make me sick, mistakes from other player during match just trigger me, i spend half the time typing in chat yelling them where to go wat to do, what do i need to do now so i won be so toxic, i luv pvp, the only thing i can think of now is just to uninstall this game and move on

Retreat to PvE and/or other game, at least for a while.

As others have said, take a break.Also, keep things in perspective. It's a game. It's pixels on a screen. Not everyone has the reflexes (or the computers) of a pro. Give people some grace - and remember that, once upon a time when you first started doing PVP, you too were just as bad. You got better; so can they.

Tbh just realize that at the end of the day, you can only play as well as you can, the rest is rng. Just have fun getting better and understand that getting upset at people playing like bots is ultimately useless. Makes you mad and probably makes them actually play worse unless you're being very nice about it.

I think you would benefit from creating a tab with nothing on it, that way you cant see your team's chat.

As far you writing to them, best I can tell you is that it probably wont be that easy, but from what I read, you seem to have "high expectations" of your team, this is usually due to you having a mental plan for them, one that they arent following. Rather than expecting certain behaviors out of them, simply play YOUR best, and if things work out, great, if they dont, well, great too! Play as if you already lost, and every action you make increases your chances of winning ever so slightly, basically set your expectations low and work hard towards defeating them agasitn overwhelming odds! You got this :D

Honestly. If you are at a certain rating you prob deserve to be in that rating and the players you are playing with are basically at the same level. They are likely making the same mistakes you are making.

If you really don't belong in that rating you would notice that you will win way more games than you lose and then at a certain point your games even out to 50/50.

So I would really refrain from being rude to other ppl in the same game as you.

At least that's what I realize from climbing from silver to gold to plat. At each game you can only really focus on what you can do.

Sure u can comment that if u r bunker n u own node n some one comes to + but he doesn't kill anything, u can say plz leave. If they don't then yelling at them to make every one annoyed won't change anything.

@carforsale.9462 said:so many bad low player in pvp, it just make me sick, mistakes from other player during match just trigger me, i spend half the time typing in chat yelling them where to go wat to do, what do i need to do now so i won be so toxic, i luv pvp, the only thing i can think of now is just to uninstall this game and move on

You need to start realizing what mistakes you are making, and stop giving people a hard time for theirs. You are on the same rating as those people for a reason. The Matchmaking is not treating YOU specifically unfairly, it recognizes your mistakes and places you accordingly.

A general advice I'm making here based on pure guessing: Don't tell people to fight on points. It is bad advice and almost always gets taken the wrong way.

Many players have the same problem more or less, me too.My recommendation is to stop focusing on climbing rank, and just play for you fun and your objectives.Don't wait anything from others since it's the core game problem to keep a team based game mode combined with a random team composition mode (lul).So play your style, your builds, focus on killing and not dying if it's your goal and have fun.You will see, it will be much more fun to still playing pvp in GW2.

And if you continue to hard play for rank then it's your problem to not understand the gw2's pvp mecanics problems.

Keep your expectations low and just go with the flow. It's good to give your teammates brief information on specific situations and/or targets but at the same time, you're essentially pugging in spvp, not commanding a guild zerg in wvw or a pve raid so they're not obligated to listen and follow through on what to do, just part of the nature of online pvp in general.

Another great advice would be to be even more toxic so maybe you can drive all the new players away.Worked on me, so with a little effort, I'm sure you can make it a place where only toxic people will met and you'll feel right at home.

On a serious note though, just take a step back and remember that it is a game. And also remember that you are probably a noob for someone else. I've always thought that people who try to tell other people what to do in a toxic way instead of helping them looked more like noobs than actual noobs. So I usually ignore them.

I don't have enough experience in GW2 but in other multiplayer games, you know what people do with toxic players who think they are better than everyone and are toxic? They block them. Ending up in killing communication and, with it, any chance to win.

Hmm...

i spend half the time typing in chat yelling them where to go wat to do

Maybe most likely definitely perhaps you are being sarcastic

It's good that you recognize you have an issue. But there's really no room for toxicity anywhere, period. By definition toxicity accomplishes nothing other than to antagonize and hurt people. To overcome the issue:

1. Realize that it's just a game and at the end of the day people are playing it for fun. Toxicity is the opposite of fun, for both the source and the recipient.

2. Recognize that you were once new/inexperienced/learning how to play, and have definitely made mistakes. How would you have felt if someone toxic chastised you for them?

3. Learn to resist the impulse to lash out over the internet in ways you'd never dream of doing to someone face to face. Insults, including petty jabs, are the ingredients of toxicity.

4. Give polite tips, communicate strategy, but don't be an armchair commander, and definitely don't lose your cool if people don't do exactly what you want. After all, who died and made you team captain?

5. Finally...

6ftUp9d.jpg

@melandru.3876 said:

@derd.6413 said:try to focus on your own mistakes and just stop caring about things like winning.

other then that you could stop playing

do you also play to lose? me too

oh wait

did you know you can try to win and still have fun when you loose?and did you also know you can response without being sarcastic or condescending?i know those might be alien concepts but you should look into them

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:try to focus on your own mistakes and just stop caring about things like winning.

other then that you could stop playing

do you also play to lose? me too

oh wait

did you know you can try to win and still have fun when you loose?and did you also know you can response without being sarcastic or condescending?i know those might be alien concepts but you should look into them

have u read the first post? and some posts?if some people just don't care, or are just in ranked for "the dailies" then how do you plan on winning?

where is the fun in that, imo it's pretty selfish to ruin the game for 4 other people if you are just there with such attitudebut hey, 1 > 4 right

Archived