Invincible type build?? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Invincible type build??

Sylent.3165Sylent.3165 Member ✭✭✭

Just curious if there is any non minion necromancer type builds where it is actually hard to die unless your completely not trying at all.

Something that can really solo champions and help a ton in fights solo or with others.

I understand it won't be the highest dps and kill things extremely fast but I'm looking for something strong and sturdy to really explore with and join in everything without fear of dying, something that can really shine in its own way by just being alive and helping.

Always solo pve. Looking for suggestions, anyone?

Comments

• I've found power herald to be nigh impossible to get killed on. Specifically if you run glint + jalis. The vengeful hammers gives you a lot of regen, you get plenty of regeneration, you get life leech, and you can eat a gigantic hit with facet of light. I face-tank solo'd the clockheart with a full glass herald.

"Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

• Eros.6801Eros.6801 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2019
    1. Herald with full zerk or marauder and vampirism rune (strength rune is fine). Jalis + Glint as usual, best part is after the revamp both glint and jalis can be used underwater. Just pop Vengenful Hammers and you'll be fine plus sword/sword rev has a lot of light CC not to mention 2 more from utility skills.

2. Renegade with full Viper or any condi stat works for you and tormenting rune, Malyx + Kalla. This one is costly but the healing you get is insane, Darkrazor is a wonderful AoE CC skill on low cd. The dps is really good along with other flashy stuffs make this one really enjoyable while keeping you alive. Tho the biggest problem is energy management won't be easy with this one. *Note that this build can also works wonderfully with power version (same gear setup with herald build but using renegade), using Kalla + Jalis, you get vengenful hammers + soulcleave as regen and 2 official heal skills (Darkrazor alone carries you hard).

3. One man army Spellbreaker build by Lord Hizen, you can find the build on youtube. I've tested and confirmed this one is really strong and tanky while still doing very ok dps.

4. Condi mirage with staff/scepter/axe/torch and tormenting rune, this one by all mean not a tanky but rather squishy build, the selling point here is infinite dodge while having the healing from torment rune as a back up. Able to solo pretty much anything with practice and time given.

5. PewPew double bears vanilla ranger or soulbeast.

MEH !!!

• Me Games Ma.8426Me Games Ma.8426 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2019

Not sure if you're looking for something else than necromancer but I personally like this:

Chronomancer is extremely tanky while keeping a decent amount of damage depending on the stats you're choosing.

The main tankyness comes from a few passive effects:
    1. Illusionary Inspiration - heals aoe whenever you summon an illusion.
    2. Signet of the Ether - heals whenever you summon a illusion.
    3. Restorative Illusions - Heals yourself and cleanses conditions whenever you shatter.
    4. Chronophantasma - Phantasms resummon themselves once before turning into a clone.

What this means:

• Summoning a clone will heal you twice. (Signet of the Ether + Illusionary Inspiration)
    • Summoning a Phantasm will heal you three times as much as summoning a clone does. (Phantasm summon, Phantasm respawn via Chronophantasma, Phantasm turns into a clone)
    • Healing of the abilities will be:
      • 212+0.3*HealingPower for Illusionary Inspiration
      • 350+0.6*HealingPower for Signet of the Ether.

Other key Traits for the Build are:

• Phantasmal Force, which grants you might whenever a Phantasm dies.
    • Phantasmal Haste, which grants Quickness to phantasms and to you whenever they are summoned (or resummoned)
    • Sympathic Visage, which causes phantasms to take one condition from you when they are summoned (and resummoned)

Stat wise you'd probably be looking for a lot of power and precision, a bit of toughness and/or vitality to prevent 1 hits and depending on sustain you'd want healing power.
    The best stat sets would be:
    Marauder/Zealot/Cleric/Berserker

Weapon wise you'd want to go either Sword Sword / Scepter Shield (more damage)
    or
    Scepter Sword / Staff (more sustain and purely range)

Rune wise I'd take something like Pack which boosts Precision, Power and Boon duration or for sustain Defender or Grove.

• DerJoker.9081DerJoker.9081 Member ✭✭✭

Try this spellbreaker build:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJMQNAR4Yn8cAVeglCCeeAcigFjAzIA0AyZ474i8SO5Hs3OCA-jBSGABAq+DI7PMkyPAeAAGcRAS4IAIlSQy0NQGAzxA-e
    Loads of dodging/endurance gains, dmg, some group support, good mobility to disengage.

• Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭

Everyone in the PvP forums says Scrapper. :smile:

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

• Undertow.2389Undertow.2389 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 15, 2019

Power Herald using glint/jalis:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAscmnXN2gSqJvQR/kbosgyPU4Q5IKYr8ElFZlxu6tDXNgFigNmd+B-jRCFQBIU5BAeEAV7IAkFlgoTfQN2fQfq/4ElYC4EAAA-e

2800+ armor with a constant ~30-50+% damage reduction on top of that, all while healing 400-700 hps passively, not even counting your two heal abilities and staff skills. The damage isn't top of the line of course, but it's actually very good for how tanky you are. Can swap out charged mists for either song of the mists or roiling mists if you want something even easier, just means you have less energy to spend on fun, active abilities. Sword/sword is default for dps, can switch to staff for burst condi cleanse or additional ~300 hps sustain and weakness. Hammer is also an option as some solo pve is very melee unfriendly.

Alternatively, power greatsword/axe-axe core warrior:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3XjMdQnHW1BGeAnIGICKsF67RQ/ipPGsAIC6ZA-jxBFABFcRAA4JAUo6PBqEsm9HST3QTK/AA-e
    Not quite as tanky-tough as the rev but better dps, especially burst aoe. Healing and dodges for days with tons of condi cleanse.

• Engal.6359Engal.6359 Member ✭✭

@Vagrant.7206 said:
    Everyone in the PvP forums says Scrapper. :smile:

What he said. If you're looking for immortal, scrapper is probably your best bet.

• gateless gate.8406gateless gate.8406 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2019
  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

I realize this is for pve, but if you step into wvw you can't beat the 5k armor warrior (potion of karka toughness will give you an extra 150 toughness):
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJASRnUJClkideAmhAEliltATJGE4aBvX2O7pF5vFACdA-jVCDQBT4CAAgjAABfAAUb/hEpEkGq/YFlflQXQ3OEAiBgJ-w

you don't know till you know, ya know.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2019

Is that even correct anymore or nerfed? When I tried a torment renegade even if one dumped 20-30 stacks of torment down the healing was kitten.

• gateless gate.8406gateless gate.8406 Member ✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Is that even correct anymore or nerfed? When I tried a torment renegade even if one dumped 20-30 stacks of torment down the healing was kitten.

The video is pre-nerf (the rune initially healed from every condition, not just torment). It still works well IMO, it's just not silly anymore.

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    I realize this is for pve, but if you step into wvw you can't beat the 5k armor warrior (potion of karka toughness will give you an extra 150 toughness):
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJASRnUJClkideAmhAEliltATJGE4aBvX2O7pF5vFACdA-jVCDQBT4CAAgjAABfAAUb/hEpEkGq/YFlflQXQ3OEAiBgJ-w

Toughness doesnt scale well past 3k.
    Toughness alone wont make you invincible.
    Warrior has almost no dmg reducing modifiers like protection or sometging like revs jalis.

Why would you go for berserk instead of spellbreaker in a contest for invincibillity?
    Full counter adds dmg negation and can even be specced to give atleast some protection and resistance

@RedShark.9548 said:

Warrior has almost no dmg reducing modifiers like protection or sometging like revs jalis.

Why would you go for berserk instead of spellbreaker in a contest for invincibillity?
    Full counter adds dmg negation and can even be specced to give atleast some protection and resistance

its just a fun build dood relax. if you have good support and dodge the big bombs, you sort of are invincible with prot and/ or jalis elite.

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2019

@RedShark.9548 said:

its just a fun build dood relax. if you have good support and dodge the big bombs, you sort of are invincible with prot and/ or jalis elite.

I am relaxed, düde. im just saying that its totally not what the op was asking for.

Especially since op said hes always in solo pve where surely is no jalis rev around, and like i said, bad prot uptime.

@RedShark.9548 said:
    I am relaxed, düde. im just saying that its totally not what the op was asking for.

Especially since op said hes always in solo pve where surely is no jalis rev around, and like i said, bad prot uptime.

I realize this is for pve, but if you step into wvw

• Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

Heavy sustain builds are doable with any profession, really. At PoF release there was a guy that was uploading video with each profession on a heavy sustain build, showing how easy it was to go through the content with those builds (and it was even before the busted runeset we got nowaday). It's just convenient to think of the necromancer as the easiest, however, unfortunately the necromancer tend to be weaker against hard hitting foes than other professions (even with a full minion build).

Elementalists, warriors, engineers, guardians or even rangers can have so much passive sustain that it's disgusting. Thiefs can gain so much life through dealing damage, even while only attacking, that it's not that hard to outsustain a fight and like other said, mesmers and revenants have their share of sustain as well when properly built.

• Auburner.6945Auburner.6945 Member ✭✭✭

Full Viper/Rabid Condi Mirage and just face-roll on the keyboard, with Energy Sigil... I can't even think of how you can die on this.

However, when against break bars, a Sw/Sh or Sw/Sw + GS Chrono with Gravity Well wil be better. Full Berserk or with some Marauder. Just learn to use Continuum Split and you can break the tankiest bar in the game in less than 20s. It's also a bit of a face-roll.

There is a reason why Chrono rules #1 solo clears. Boons, CC, safety, all while on full damage builds.

Pull the strings. Watch them dance.

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

Revenant with retribution, salvation and herald.
    Ventari and glint.
    Sw/Sw and staff or hammer instead of sw/Sw.

Stack as many dmg reductions as possible with commanders gear or something similar with a decent mix of defensive and offensive stats.

You can facetank pretty much everything.
    I even fought champs that couldn't do kitten against me.

• Anchoku.8142Anchoku.8142 Member ✭✭✭✭

Such irony reading this after years of listening to Arenanet and others saying Necro could not have nice things because it has a second health bar and was naturally heavy on sustain.

• mizaru.1385mizaru.1385 Member ✭✭

@Anchoku.8142 said:
    Such irony reading this after years of listening to Arenanet and others saying Necro could not have nice things because it has a second health bar and was naturally heavy on sustain.

U were saying?

edited June 2, 2019

@mizaru.1385 said:

@Anchoku.8142 said:

U were saying?

Thank you for linking a comedic video showing PvE content being soloed.

edited June 3, 2019

@Anchoku.8142 said:

@mizaru.1385 said:

@Anchoku.8142 said:

U were saying?

Thank you for linking a comedic video showing PvE content being soloed.

Btw its not just any PVE content, he's soloing GROUP META EVENTS that even some groups fail.

And isn't that what OP is looking for?
    He wants a non minion necro that can solo Champs and events.

To OP, pls use this asap before Anet nerfs it. LordHizen posted something similar on his Firebrand previously and Anet nerfed it hard pretty fast. Use it before we say goodbye to Parasitic Contagion.

Realised some1 also mentioned about his 1man spellbreaker army, yes thats still working properly and is still really good.

• Klowdy.3126Klowdy.3126 Member ✭✭✭

@mizaru.1385 said:

@Anchoku.8142 said:

U were saying?

The gameplay is awesome, the video editing is completely stupid, but minimal.

@mizaru.1385 said:
    Btw its not just any PVE content, he's soloing GROUP META EVENTS that even some groups fail.

The thing is that it's working because he is doing it alone. The scaling in GW2 can be pretty scary and the visual polution don't help players, especially with boss that have AoE.

Really, this much can be achieved by any profession if you are willing to build for it.

• Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@mizaru.1385 said:

The thing is that it's working because he is doing it alone. The scaling in GW2 can be pretty scary and the visual polution don't help players, especially with boss that have AoE.

Really, this much can be achieved by any profession if you are willing to build for it.

I know Mesmer and necro can pull off these invisible builds. I'm not aware of builds for other classes that are capable of these kinds of feats. Do you know the builds for these other classes or videos available?

If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:

I know Mesmer and necro can pull off these invisible builds. I'm not aware of builds for other classes that are capable of these kinds of feats. Do you know the builds for these other classes or videos available?

Is it really needed to give you a build for that? I mean put a PVT armor on a guardian, equip him with a hammer, some symbol traits and you'll hardly die in PvE whatever you encounter. It's not that different for rangers who have plenty of sustain utility skills (and it's even worse if you play soulbeast giving you access to endure pain like skills and even more sustain). Warriors can block and evade all day all while benefiting from a high health regeneration. Elementalists can offer a stupid amount of sustain and damage mitigation as well making face tanking relatively easy. PvP Scrapper's hate should be a good example of what an engineer can achieve when he build for sustain. Thiefs can just enjoy high on hit/on crit sustain with the proper traits and skills while still having great evade abilities. And revenant, especially herald can totally go for huge sustain ability.

People are just used to go for the damage efficiency in PvE not for the survivability efficiency.

edited June 3, 2019

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:

Is it really needed to give you a build for that? I mean put a PVT armor on a guardian, equip him with a hammer, some symbol traits and you'll hardly die in PvE whatever you encounter.

Well, you do, because frankly, just equipping PVT armor with a hammer on a Guardian isn't enough to keep you alive if you want to solo Legendary bounties and the like. Not every class has the toolset to do the builds the OP is asking about. Yes, classes have some good sustainable toolsets, but in many cases, even that isn't enough because the fact is that you can't face tank most of the top hard encounters in OW content.

That necro video is a great example. There is ALOT going on there to keep that guy running and most classes don't have that level of tank to play with. It's funny because someone mentioned parasitic contagion as the reason that build is able to do that. Parasitic Contagion is actually not that great amount of healing over time. You need high sustainable stacks of condi and many mobs (via epidemic) to get the kind of heals that allow you to start even thinking about tanking hard encounters. problem is that most of these hard encounters don't have that many mobs to allow parasitic contagion to give OP healing.

Mesmer excels at this kind of extreme solo play because there is so much connection between illusions/heals/dodges as well as the fact that illusions are so easy to make and tank for you. It's almost a no-brainer on mesmer to do this. Necro is probably second best, only because the mechanics to keep you alive are not as connected to a single mechanic as they are in Mesmer.

If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:

Is it really needed to give you a build for that? I mean put a PVT armor on a guardian, equip him with a hammer, some symbol traits and you'll hardly die in PvE whatever you encounter.

Well, you do, because frankly, just equipping PVT armor with a hammer on a Guardian isn't enough to keep you alive if you want to solo Legendary bounties and the like. Not every class has the toolset to do the builds the OP is asking about. Yes, classes have some good sustainable toolsets, but in many cases, even that isn't enough because the fact is that you can't face tank most of the top hard encounters in OW content.

When I play guardian, I do play hammer guardian. I'm doing that since the vanilla game. I've carried groups of extremly casuals players (I won't say noobs since they had their share of playtime) throught dungeons and fractals alike with this kind of build and I've done my share of champions soloing as well with it. I can garantee you that it is extremly solid. And if it's not solid enough to your liking you can still equip block on heal/utilities (aegis)/elite skill.

For me the guardian is the profession that just buldoze through the game with barely any threat to it's life. Yes sometime you need to dodge or use your blocks but in regard of survivability it's close enough to the level of the scourge. Using a guardian this way might not be popular but it still work just fine.

The "hard" encounter of the open world are often hard because of the scaling. The scaling increase a lot the damage a boss/mob can do which, indeed, make face tanking a stupid idea. If, like I said, you add the visual effects of tons of spells and skills making it harder to find the tells, it quickly become a nightmare for any professions that want to "facetank".

NB.: after looking again at hizen's video, I can say that he doesn't take that many hits and make full use of it's utilities (and especially projectile block)

Not saying it can't be done but soloing a legendary champion isn't just something you claim you can do with build X or Y and tend to have people believe it. If you can do it with your PVT Hammer guardian, it sounds like something that would be interesting to share in this thread.

edited June 3, 2019

PvE is notorious both for its balance problems and for players making videos that prove their point.

Surviving and killing an AI has a lot to do with the player's familiarity with the profession and build as well as the encounter's mechanics but an unkillable solo build does not actually mean it is a good build for group play.

p.s.
    I am not, in any way, criticizing the player's video or obvious skill. If the OP is a new player, results with the video author's build are not guaranteed. Think, instead, of what may work best for the OP.

Well, so far he has posted 3 builds that can solo to this extend.

Spellbreaker, Scourge and Weaver. The spellbreaker and scourge is by far the most impressive

I tried the parasitic contagion build for a couple of days but tbh... I find it vastly inferior to a mm reaper. The only advantage is the obvious one - where minions hinder rather than help you due to boss mechanics.

In particular, I find that the entire combo of daggers+blood+full shroud gives much, much better sustain and ways to bunker, heal up and maintain shroud. The sole focus on PC is a little too dependant on pumping out condi damage. Power allow you to go heavy into crit chance and healing (magi) which with some hybrid gear still reach decent damage. The toughness of the trailblazer set is completely redundant, its just that much more healing.

But meh, maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

I've been using Lord Hizan's One Man Army warrior build a lot (with zerk/thief runes because I am cheap). So long as you're not dumb with agro, you can do meta events solo.

But no build or spec has a build as braindead as Winionmancer.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@mizaru.1385 said:

On game release u could solo tequalt even with cleric mace guard lol... if wasn’t scaled, would take its time but was possible if would not run outb” of time.

• Edge.8724Edge.8724 Member ✭✭✭

No matter how much sustain I have (and I solo a lot) the crazed centaur sharpshooters at lake Doric always murder me dramatically. (I have 3,700 armor and those **** hits me for around 5k to 6k per auto-attacks. lol) But some people told me in map chat that these are exceptional ennemies. I don't have trouble anywhere else.

@Edge.8724 said:
    No matter how much sustain I have (and I solo a lot) the crazed centaur sharpshooters at lake Doric always murder me dramatically. (I have 3,700 armor and those **** hits me for around 5k to 6k per auto-attacks. lol) But some people told me in map chat that these are exceptional ennemies. I don't have trouble anywhere else.

They are meant for groups, there used to be 50+ farm groups running there (guess they still gather sometimes). I can get up there fine solo on my MM reaper (and kill groups on the way), but at certain points there will be mobs you cant really fight because they are on cliffs (cant exactly get ooc to mount) and halfway up there are champions, if they block your path then fighting 5+ of the "regular" centaurs at once become problematic.

• Zawn.9647Zawn.9647 Member ✭✭✭

if monsters didnt auto target you I would say mesmer... any spec
    just spam illusions and no one can even click on you
    if they do, easy, break target with utility skill

kitten mode on :D

• Diak Atoli.2085Diak Atoli.2085 Member ✭✭✭

Invincible build that's not a minionmancer... Hmm.

Blood Magic Reaper running Dagger/x and Shouts. Slot Vampiric Aura, Augury of Death, and Soul Eater. Laugh in the face of Death.

• ZeftheWicked.3076ZeftheWicked.3076 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Edge.8724 said:

You need anti-projectile skill to handle these guys. Like Corrosive poison cloud on necro. With that on board it gets doable (hard, but doable).

• Opopanax.1803Opopanax.1803 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have found pleasant success with condi Firebrand running a mix of gear. it has surprisingly good survivability. You can play around with more healing gear as well (apothecary).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAW3fnsADlChtCBWCBkCjF+BzaBkByTYBgZQRY/i+RLpA-j1hAQB9V5n/0M4XlgnS9n+pDAAHEACt/ApA4ZzG-w

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.