Let's theorize about where we are going in Living World Season 5.

We are going to theorize here, there are 2 days left for episode 6, of course, devs will probably show us a little preview of Living World Season 5.

Where do you think we are headed now? In fact, I hope we will explore a 100% new continent here. I remember that the last episode of Living World 3 showed us some clues of players visiting Crystal Desert, which ended up being Path of Fire. I hope they do the same. Show us clues of the new place we will visit.

Please no Cantha.

didn't they say they not going to make any new maps? and just focus the stories on the ones already here...

which i think it's a brilliant idea, make ppl come to the maps we already have, like i can't do any achievements cuz there are barely any ppl... i got KO'ed by a bounty even tho there were 5 of us ..... :rip:

@Samnang.1879 said:didn't they say they not going to make any new maps? and just focus the stories on the ones already here...

which i think it's a brilliant idea, make ppl come to the maps we already have, like i can't do any achievements cuz there are barely any ppl... i got KO'ed by a bounty even tho there were 5 of us ..... :rip:

Oh, really? If they go back to the original maps of Tyria, it would be amazing. So many new stories to explore.

@Samnang.1879 said:didn't they say they not going to make any new maps? and just focus the stories on the ones already here...

No, they said the MAY, on OCCASION, choose to revisit or even expand old maps. It’s possible they may never actually feel the need to do this and every episode still has a new map. And if they do go for a no new map episode, they’ll be expanding existing ones. I can’t imagine us ever seeing a new episode again without new map space. There would be much less content. Even if the story was like 3 times longer with 5 times the achievements to somehow even it out, there’d be big backlash over nothing new to explore. For me personally that’s by far the most exciting part, and what keeps me coming back.

So, they’ve said maybe not a new map every episode but we can rest assure that there will always be new land covered

Can we go back to Orr and see what happened after all of that? We did try to rejuvenate Orr in the personal story, so I'd like to see what it looks like in the living world. If not, and they do make a new map, I'm hoping for the mountain ranges just South-West of the Sulfurous Wastelands, where a mountain, or rather a volcano based on terrain painting, is covered in Kralk's brand. I'd like to see what was so important that he had to be there. For all we know, that could be his perch where he rests between brandings.

I just hope it is not terrible maps, as majority of LWS4 maps are. I think the Hearts should be dropped, in favor of dynamic design. Level 80 maps without the hearts tend to better than the maps with hearts.

For location, Ascalon and Charr homelands did not have any new locals since the game release. I also would be love to see more of the North areas.

My personal hunch is that next season will be focused on Jormag and Primordus. Then the next expansion will be the final expansion (at least with dragons), with Steve bubbles being the last dragon.

@Fenom.9457 said:

No, they said the MAY, on OCCASION, choose to revisit or even expand old maps. It’s possible they may never actually feel the need to do this and every episode still has a new map. And if they do go for a no new map episode, they’ll be expanding existing ones. I can’t imagine us ever seeing a new episode again without new map space. There would be much less content. Even if the story was like 3 times longer with 5 times the achievements to somehow even it out, there’d be big backlash over nothing new to explore. For me personally that’s by far the most exciting part, and what keeps me coming back.

So, they’ve said maybe not a new map every episode but we can rest assure that there will always be new land covered

ure right, sry didn't read the fine print

In the past ANet included the name of the new map in the trailer. Since they didn't do that this time, we can conclude that the name would be a major spoiler. Which means the new map likely isn't in Tyria.

The new map being in Cantha would be such a spoiler. GW1 players would recognize the name, know that it's in cantha and spoil the surprise.The mists are also a possibility. With what happened in the last episode I can totally imagine us going into the mists and getting an entire map there.

@Kanok.3027 said:Can we go back to Orr and see what happened after all of that? We did try to rejuvenate Orr in the personal story, so I'd like to see what it looks like in the living world. If not, and they do make a new map, I'm hoping for the mountain ranges just South-West of the Sulfurous Wastelands, where a mountain, or rather a volcano based on terrain painting, is covered in Kralk's brand. I'd like to see what was so important that he had to be there. For all we know, that could be his perch where he rests between brandings.

We went back to Orr in Season 3 with Siren's Landing, and saw the work that's going on to restore it. Some of the Pact are still there, culling the risen to end Zhaitan's influence completely and shipping in plants to help speed up the restoration.

@Fenom.9457 said:

It could also mean that they're going to do more maps like Drytop and Silverwastes where the map was released gradually over several episodes with the story introducing us to each part.

Or it could be a combination of things, which IMO would be the best approach - instead of having a rule like 'we release a new map with each episode' or 'we are not making new maps this season' let each team decide what works best for the release they want to make, whether that's re-working an existing map, building one up over time or making a brand new one.

Based on the map changes, I think we'll go to Charr Homelands and/or Eastern Ascalon, at least for part of the season, and then either random maps around core Tyria (Tarnished Coast, Northern Maguuma) and/or water maps involving Bubbles. If we do go to Cantha in LW before an expac, I think the only place they would let us go to is to Shing Jea Island, as the rest would probably be reserved to an expac.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:In the past ANet included the name of the new map in the trailer. Since they didn't do that this time, we can conclude that the name would be a major spoiler. Which means the new map likely isn't in Tyria.

The new map being in Cantha would be such a spoiler. GW1 players would recognize the name, know that it's in cantha and spoil the surprise.The mists are also a possibility. With what happened in the last episode I can totally imagine us going into the mists and getting an entire map there.

They’ve said there won’t be maps in the mists (new maps added to the game, not instanced of course)

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:In the past ANet included the name of the new map in the trailer. Since they didn't do that this time, we can conclude that the name would be a major spoiler. Which means the new map likely isn't in Tyria.

Pretty sure we’re not going to Cantha there, but maybe the Fissure of Woe... place of war, involving eternals and all that. I just wonder what we’re doing there with Balth gone.

As for the next season, I’d love to see somewhere new we’ve not been to in GW1, like the Howling Peninsula or Wetland.

There's a lot of areas in the current game that can be expanded upon that doesn't need to be a raid exclusive map. Woodland Cascade only has a small portion of its area explored and the Isles of Janthir remains an area that's not yet explored even though it was already part of a previous LS season.

The Far Shiverpeaks to me remains the most reasonable area of exploration in my opinion. If the areas I've stated are not used by the Finale, these are great areas to start. Blood Legion Homelands connects to the Far Shiverpeaks and would be a great setting for Jormag's story if Season 5 works towards us trying to dethrone the Elder Ice Dragon.

Or they could go completely off book and make it completely an aquatic experience (people will hate this imo) and just go for the Unending Ocean and have us fight the Elder Sea Dragon who's name still ain't mentioned (I need to know who S is about as much as I need to know who E is)

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:Well this episode o hope we go to the char homelands. Maybe see rytlocks abandoned children. As far as next season i want to say northern shiverpeaks or underground tyria. The norn and asura needs thier dragon stories more fleshed out. Cantha seems more like expac material.

The Asura are all over the place really with several fully fleshed-out characters, the Norn on the other hand after Eir's death are pretty much left aside and forgotten. Braham always seemed like a side character to me, he's grown over the past few episodes yet can't build anything around him - he'd be great to tag along but any storyline about the Norn would need a few other main, stronger, deeper characters. One such could be Gaerta who's been absent, wandering the wide world since release - her return could trigger a lot of interesting plots.

They haven't always included the name of the map in a trailer