How active is your friends list? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

How active is your friends list?

Mortifera.6138Mortifera.6138 Member ✭✭✭
edited August 10, 2019 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

I have the same 1 or 2 friends online at any given time. Granted, the turnaround is real and I would have more online if I bothered making new friends.

How many of your friends/followers are usually online?

Comments

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2019

My Friends List is that big, but about 6 - 10 usually.
    Twenty to thirty on Release days, of course.

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

Maybe half the first page? But I don't know most of the ppl on my friends list, they're either ppl I accidentally friended while spam joining a map or salty whisperers from wvw . . .

• Acheron.4731Acheron.4731 Member ✭✭✭

about 5-6/100 on a good day

A true friend of the crown

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

Between 1-2 and over 15 depending on which day and time of day I look.

Most evenings with 10-15+ people consistently. Especially on raid nights or WvW guild events.

That's from a list of around 30-40 since I don't tend to immediately add people to my friends list. My process to add people is based on some few steps:

• did I enjoy my time playing with this person?
    • is this person already part of my social sphere (aka are they in my guild or do we both hacve access to similar voice chat like discord ot ts)?
    • how challenging was the content and how well did this person perform?
    • might I be interested in playing repeatedly with this person?

Depending on how I answer some of the questions, I might add or not add someone. I general, if I can keep in contact with someone via other means (them being a member of my guild or so), I will not add them. I see the friends list rather as a tool to keep in touch with people I otherwise would have to write the account name down I guess.

• Lexi.1398Lexi.1398 Member ✭✭✭

Most of my freinds list is people from a pre-gw2 established freind group, and that is filled with a lot of alt accounts of same peoples while few of those friends are very active. So on the average day, i see about 8-9 of my freinds list online; a chunk of which are friends i met in gw2 who i group up with frequently (though i have more friends than that- i mostly use friends list for easy party and squad join, and guild facilitates that too), the other chunk is commanders i follow for easy sqjoin which is about 4 people overall on the entire list.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

This is like those "how many of your Facebook friends have you seen in real life this month?" questions which make me realise I must use these tools very differently to other people. I have 15 friends total and most of those are people I know from outside the game who I added specifically because they rarely play so I want a notification if they do log in. (Or a way to mail them if they're not online.)

Other than that it's 3 people from this forum I added so it's quicker to send them mail if I want to and my second account and my husbands account - both of which can't be on at the same time as me because we only have 1 PC - who I added in case I accidentally kick them out our private guild (again).

If I know someone is likely to be online when I am then I can probably find or contact them without needing to resort to the friends list, so it doesn't ever occur to me to add them.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

• NYG.2568NYG.2568 Member ✭✭

All of my "friends" came over from Guild Wars 1. At that time our guild LaZy was one of the biggest / most recognized guilds in the game. After about 3 months of GW2 launch players slowly started quitting as Gw2 is not a Guild based game in any sense nor is it an MMORPG that you need others to help you complete it. I and like 3 others are the only ones that log in from time to time.
    Some might say it's more so do to life dynamics changing. I assure you most of my Guild mates have moved over to other games and remain a close Knit family, just on to more challenging clan/team oriented games...

• Dagre.2185Dagre.2185 Member ✭✭

everyone on my friends list is on when i'm on. 100% activity. though i should probably point out there's only one person on there.

though there's a bunch of people on my stalker list which is rather creepy, i'd like to remove them without blocking, i assume block would do that, never use that feature.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Usually 10 people online whenever I log in. Most of them are people from my guild, so I always know when a guild run is happening in wvw.

Bite me.

• witcher.3197witcher.3197 Member ✭✭✭✭

0, all quit. 1-2 occasionally show up for LS release before quitting again.

My block list is thriving though .

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

My friends list is full of people I don't talk to, but rather people I am sworn to join if I ever spot them on the lfg (basically marking them as players who are cool to be around). As it's not hard to find a cool person in this community, I'm not reserved in adding players - leading to many inactive names.

• Tarlonniel.6534Tarlonniel.6534 Member ✭✭✭

All one of them isn't very active because he's off playing Destiny 2.

My block list is lively, though.

• Depends on the time of day. Anywhere from 6-12, but I don't add that many people. Ask how many are online in my guild. Lots. With the guild I'm in being comprised of 5 guilds, there's 600+ online any time of day or night. I'm constantly running into guildies in game too, which considering the size of the world and multiple map shards, is actually pretty surprising.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

Most of the people from my friend list stopped playing already. There are maybe 4-5 active players left on it, and even for them "active" may be a generous statement.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Edge.8724Edge.8724 Member ✭✭✭

Well, people on that list are people I enjoyed playing with. However, mostly 0 to 2 people are online.

• Rico.6873Rico.6873 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2019

Friends? I have some but none play GW2... R.I.P ....
    Did try to let them join and play this game, even donated path of fire to one friend but I sadly did not work :(

• Tukaram.8256Tukaram.8256 Member ✭✭✭

My friends list is just my son - and he has not signed in for about 2 years. He has something... a job?... yeah... gets in the way of life ha ha :)

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2019

To be honest I am a little confused (not difficult granted), but for weeks the OP has been trying to convince the forums the game is dieing, the game is not real, the "insert game element " sucks but now wants to know how we use our friends list and tell us about his/hers own in this dead, boring, unreal, not fit for human consumption MMO... hmmm
    TBH outside of guild my friends list has been pretty stable and alive since start up, most of which stem from early WvW days when we had a few guild alliances formed even though many have server hopped over the years.
    PvE wise me and mine tend to stick within our own closed guild as we have become RL friends over the past 7-10 yrs since early DDO:eu days and have little need to play outside of it.

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

I see a significant portion of my friends online on a fairly regular basis.

I don't play with them much anymore due to a relative lack of group oriented content outside of zerg events which most of us avoid due to visual clutter.

• knomslayer.9457knomslayer.9457 Member ✭✭✭

all my friend list is offline. either they quit game or theyre online but change status to offline. lol

• NigthMaremoon.7185NigthMaremoon.7185 Member ✭✭
    edited August 11, 2019

in three years only manage to meet like 2 people, they are all offline.

• SexyMofo.8923SexyMofo.8923 Member ✭✭✭

My friends list has no one online, and the greatest part is that my blocked list has no one on either.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Every single one has now left the game

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2019

None-they refuse to return until the game improves in a healthy way

They all left for Smite, Elder Scrolls Online and Square Enix; Final Fantasy 14

(not to promote ZeniMax Online Studios including others in the list but i am extremely impressed how they quickly turned E.S.O around from a Toxic game to a healthy competitive game and are continuing to strive for it

-Afterall, i'm for anyone promoting healthy competitive gaming and are striving for it with regular balancing and with implementing healthy improvements :)

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭

Sadly all became inactive for about a year or even 2 now... There's someone however showing up every now and then after long periods of months or weeks and we do something together. The rest of my list seems to be pretty much dead while some are always online but we never had any contact for 1 or 2 years. (or even 3)
    There are also some I don't know but they seemed to have added me so I added them back in hope to see why they added me.

I'm Hunter, he/him/they
    Check out my Tumblr for more GW2 content if you want: http://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/characters

• miraude.2107miraude.2107 Member ✭✭✭

Very few friends but oddly, I have a bunch of followers? I've always had a hard time using the system so don't even know how to follow someone in the first place.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

3 or 4 at any given time and around 20 on new releases. My follow list is fairly large tho.

• Abraxxus.8971Abraxxus.8971 Member ✭✭✭

In the evenings there are usually about 8-12 people online on my friends list. During the day, not so much, maybe 3-4.

Bring back Ceara

• Maybe 10 most of the time in the evenings, but that is because we have a regular group that runs EToM every night, out of the 20-25 normally in the group about 10 are regulars that I try to keep track of and do other events with, I do purge people from time to time and add new people I meet but that is mostly guildies. During the daytime maybe 2 or 3 are online.

• ProtoGunner.4953ProtoGunner.4953 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well I haven't added lots of ppl since I'd say 2015. The list has around 50-100 ppl - not sure anymore. But usually there are 0-4 players online. BTW our guild is about 400 ppl and there are usually between 10-20 ppl online. It used to be much more active. Lots of old friends from GW1 and early GW2 days are gone for good.

• Just recently...barely any. Now maybe 3-4 friends. With about 2-3 followers. The blocked list is still healthy though.

• It's a graveyard.

• Rasimir.6239Rasimir.6239 Member ✭✭✭✭

Plenty. Depends on time of day and day of week of course, but it's rare that I log in and nobody on my friend list is online. Usually there's enough people to find someone to fill up the dungeon party or have some fun in wvw or whatever it is I'm interested in doing.

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

0 activity...

• Nowadays there are only wvw commanders, so i can see which border they jump to without being in squad ;)
    Otherwise I don't really use these lists... even the blocklist is empty. ^^

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't have friends.

• James.1032James.1032 Member ✭✭

Usually 0-4. I even make new friends and none of them stay.

• Thelgar.7214Thelgar.7214 Member ✭✭✭

I purged my friends list a few years in when I realized I didn't actually like most of them and had them on either because we shared a server or guild. I've added people back since then, and probably have fewer people like that on it, but I can't remember the last time I actually looked at my friends list to know how busy it is. With a couple exceptions, the people I've liked most are in guilds I'm in now and those exceptions haven't been around in a long time. Outside of WvW and occasionally trudging through map completion to finish my Gen 1 legendaries I don't play the game much. And even that is limited to playing poorly for a short period of time. So I'm really not meeting anyone new to add.

• After 7 years of playing

• sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭

it's doing something but nothing useful

• DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭✭

How active is my friends list? It just sits there. Why, does yours do tricks or something? B)

X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

• I have about 150 friends on my list. Of that only about 3-10 play once or twice in a week. The rest have completely stopped playing the game all together. It's sad really. I've asked them to come back but they all basically tell me the same story. They are bored of doing the same things over and over and the slow release schedule of new content that can be done in a few days is not enough to hold their interest.

• I have 127 on my friends list and during weekday prime times, there's usually 15-20 online.

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's mostly dead with only single digit online players. I only see people on my friend list online, when it's time to raid. Then it gets really lively, then it drops once we are done, waiting for the next raid day.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.