What use does taunt have? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What use does taunt have?

Firebrand tome 1 ability 2 has it and the Renevant Dwarf stance also has it, as a CC effect against bosses its completely useless, and I really can't think of a way why you should take/use taunt abilities.

Anyone know?

Comments

• Omnicron.2467Omnicron.2467 Member ✭✭✭

It's tome 3, skill 2. But not really no, it's just a cc with the opposite effect of fear. No use in pve apart from cc bars, in PvP I have had a few fun moments with it if it stuns my opponent long enough to down them

• Lexi.1398Lexi.1398 Member ✭✭✭

Chrono phantasm controls aggro with it, ranger pets too. You can somewhat control aggro with it in general, though pull is 9 times out of 10 more efficient at this. And while it doesn't interrupt NPC enemies, afaik it does prevent them from using most skills for its duration (though it will not interrupt, so it will not prevent the use of the skill an enemy is currently using).

I imagine it hases uses in PvP, don't do it so i wouldn't know.

It's quite a powerful CC - mayhaps not the defiance power of stun (as defined cc vs time), but does a lot of defiance over the full duration.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2019

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Taunt

It interrupts the target's current attack (and disables their skills) and lures them away from their current target (e.g., from light-armored casters).

• DonArkanio.6419DonArkanio.6419 Member ✭✭✭

It is useful. Only when your enemy is out of their 29 stunbreaks.

• Matt H.6142Matt H.6142 Member ✭✭✭

There’s a never used spell breaker skill with it as well. I suppose it would trigger boon loss though.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Eye candy and annoyance, nothing really for pve

• Forced Engagement melts breakbars.

• Acheron.4731Acheron.4731 Member ✭✭✭

@Strider Pj.2193 said:
    I can understand your confusion:

There used to be three main modes to GW2.

Currently, only PvE exists.

When WvW and PvP existed, it would be utilized quite effectively to interrupt skill chains, and impact Player engagements with other players.

True story
    Probably one of the most annoying things to play against in wvw when roaming considering how bad the targeting system already works.

Dilly Dilly

• Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:
    Forced Engagement melts breakbars.

demon legend is better

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

Taunt is just to break breakbars, or to roleplay a traditional tank (spoiler: it doesn't work). If you really want to bring random mobs together, you would preferably use an AoE pull (firebrand F1 skill 3 or mesmer focus).

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

The dwarf skill also gives you a 20% damage reduction from taunted enemies.

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

Nobody here knows how to Taunt as an interrupt?

/evilgrin

If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

• @Knighthonor.4061 said:

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:
    Forced Engagement melts breakbars.

demon legend is better

Well, I would hope a whole legend would be better than a single skill, yuh. o.o

The OP's question is still answered.

• To annoy the Heck out of your opponent

• Rico.6873Rico.6873 Member ✭✭✭

@Biermeister.4678 said:
    To annoy the Heck out of your opponent

You mean real life players?

Dont think it will annoy game/A.I. enemies

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.