Did Jormag just offer an alliance? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Did Jormag just offer an alliance?

Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

join me and you shall have the strength to protect your people in the trials to come. Stand against me, and you stand alone

What are the trials to come? Jormag does have secrets and I think those will change the course of GW2 history forever. "Mother" was only a drop in the ocean.

As for other content of GW2 being blur, I am so interested in GW2 history going forward, because it has a real vision.

The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

<1

Comments

  • The better question is who is he offering the alliance to?

  • ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

    to me this is just part of the "mind games" he uses to manipulate.

    "It's a testament to the folly of the humans and their gods. They say Arah was sacred, but all I see is one big dragon nest."(Rytlock Brimstone)

  • Poormany.4507Poormany.4507 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2019

    [Deleted comment]

  • Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @RyuDragnier.9476 said:
    The better question is who is he offering the alliance to?

    Aurene almost certainly

    HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

  • To me this sounds like there is a threat beyond the Elder Dragons. We have some evidence of "bleed over" of other realms when Kralk went rampaging threw the mist. I have many theories about what is to come but as for the Topic at Hand, I think Jormag knows who is coming to knock down the door and is trying to persuade us to stop. Judgment time.

  • @RyuDragnier.9476 said:
    The better question is who is he offering the alliance to?

    To the Norn traitors that have been joining him.

  • Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2019

    I assumed it was an offer to the Commander/Aurene’s champion. A “it’d be soooo much easier for you if you just gave in” type speech.

    But honestly, that’s the least interesting option. It could be an offer to whatever character Jormag is interested in uplifting to the role of their Champion.

    WoodenPotatoes mentioned the possibility of the newly ascended Aurene being the one Jormag is “courting.” I find the usage of the word “champion” being odd if that’s the case, but that could just be a red herring.

    I guess part of me still thought the dialogue might ultimately be meaningless and never come up in the game. Could just be something the devs wrote generically to get people hyped.

  • Lets not forget that Aurene has only called us "Champion". If all the other Elder Dragons knew when Aurene Ascended to Elder, than it maybe possible that the Commander is marked as "Champion" to the other Elder Dragons. As of right now this is just a theory, one that seems quite interesting honestly.
    I mean after all what are we capable of? ;)

  • Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Divine Monk.2401 said:
    Lets not forget that Aurene has only called us "Champion". If all the other Elder Dragons knew when Aurene Ascended to Elder, than it maybe possible that the Commander is marked as "Champion" to the other Elder Dragons. As of right now this is just a theory, one that seems quite interesting honestly.
    I mean after all what are we capable of? ;)

    This wasn't exactly "champion" as Aurene calls us this was like "champion"

    Also Jormag doesn't say: stand against me, and you will die, or "who dares stand against me" like Mordremoth said, no Jormag says: Stand against me, and you stand alone.

    It is like Jormag sees a danger in Tyria, maybe from the Beyond (?), it's like: if you want to surivive the things that are coming, fight alone, I'll go back to sleep.

    Jormag kinda cares about Tyria, but did the Commander learn the lesson after what he experienced from Kralkatorrik? What's the role of the Commander now when he sees something from another perpective rather than: let's just kill some badies!

    Two races that have the willingness to fight are taking the spotlight...

    So basically we can wage war with Jormag, but it will hide something from our eyes, and I think the pressure of the Norn and Charr on waging the wars will force the Commander to make a foolish decision.

    The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

  • Regh.8649Regh.8649 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2019

    Maybe Jormag is aware of Primordius eminent awakening (hence the rising red on the logo) and he's trying to create a temporary aliance with aurene, to ensure his survival.

    Aurene and the tyrian races are in no place to deny the offer if they want to preserve the world. It's like Jormag in telling us "accept my offer and I'll help you". Maybe we'll be seeing the most epic battle of Ice and Fire.

    Not a pro on Lore so...

    Formula for success: Rise early, work hard, strike oil.

  • Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Regh.8649 said:
    Maybe Jormag is aware of Primordius eminent awakening (hence the rising red on the logo) and he's trying to create a temporary aliance with aurene, to ensure his survival.

    Aurene and the tyrian races are in no place to deny the offer if they want to preserve the world. It's like Jormag in telling us "accept my offer and I'll help you". Maybe we'll be seeing the most epic battle of Ice and Fire.

    Not a pro on Lore so...

    Very possible

    The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

  • TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Interesting offer. It could be handy to have an epic elder dragon on call when defending our EB keep from night raids.

    Ascalon Will Prevail!

    GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

  • Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2019

    @EmmetOtter.8542 said:
    Jormag's comment sounds like a Conquerer's threat: join (as my slave) or die. Instead of eating and destroying the world, he wants to conquer and enslave it. I suppose that's an improvement.

    I would really want to talk about his dental plan before joining though.

    I doubt Jormag treats us as a slave, or minions or just an ant, like other Elder Dragons, especially because we have the most powerful Elder Dragon behind us, that will do everything to not let anyone hurt her loved ones.

    Jormag is actually offering help to Tyrians, there will be cost, but I don't think this cost means the races will be icebrood-ed.

    Those who will oppose Jormag will die, those who let Jormag join the whatever trails bring, will have not one, but two Elder Dragons behind us.

    That's interesting that Jormag says: I can set you free,

    I think it means Jormag just want to let go of our Dragon-slayer title, and let us choose.

    What if the Commander will actually have power to choose, and will have two paths: with or without Jormag.

    Factions...

    And episodes will actually be 2in1 - one faction has different story than the other, something like in World of Warcraft with the Horde and the Alliance...

    The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

  • Nope.

    It was not an offer, it was coercion.

    "Join me willingly, or I'll force you to join me".

    There's probably some benefit when minions join willingly, like them staying smarter, or they giving more magic in the process.

  • @Arden.7480 said:
    Jormag is actually offering help to Tyrians, there will be cost, but I don't think this cost means the races will be icebrood-ed.

    Um, no.

    But believe what you want. And while you're waiting for Jormag's help could I interest you in this bridge in Brooklyn?

  • This story gives the feeling of being more interesting than the previous one, currently we are (with aurene) definitely stronger than joarmag but this just suggests that there may be more =)

  • Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @EmmetOtter.8542 said:

    @Arden.7480 said:
    Jormag is actually offering help to Tyrians, there will be cost, but I don't think this cost means the races will be icebrood-ed.

    Um, no.

    But believe what you want. And while you're waiting for Jormag's help could I interest you in this bridge in Brooklyn?

    um, no

    The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

  • Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭

    If Jormag is actually offering help for something, you can bet they will betray us when the time is right lol.

  • @Arden.7480 said:
    join me and you shall have the strength to protect your people in the trials to come. Stand against me, and you stand alone

    What are the trials to come? Jormag does have secrets and I think those will change the course of GW2 history forever. "Mother" was only a drop in the ocean.

    As for other content of GW2 being blur, I am so interested in GW2 history going forward, because it has a real vision.

    if this episode is september, then we wont find out any hints to this question until january of 2020 if we are lucky, otherwise later

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The updates might be more frequent if they aren’t having to release full blown maps, but parts of maps that eventually lead to the map being complete.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Hofulu.7325 said:

    @Arden.7480 said:
    join me and you shall have the strength to protect your people in the trials to come. Stand against me, and you stand alone

    What are the trials to come? Jormag does have secrets and I think those will change the course of GW2 history forever. "Mother" was only a drop in the ocean.

    As for other content of GW2 being blur, I am so interested in GW2 history going forward, because it has a real vision.

    if this episode is september, then we wont find out any hints to this question until january of 2020 if we are lucky, otherwise later

    It will be later since the prologue is set elsewhere. Tne prologue might give is a sneak peak of the "new world order" the devs have hinted at though and that might tie into the dialogue or symbolise factions splitting up in the World now the Dragons presence is diminishing (or both)

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • @Tyson.5160 said:
    The updates might be more frequent if they aren’t having to release full blown maps, but parts of maps that eventually lead to the map being complete.

    Back when they did that in LS2, we got updates every 2 weeks.

  • Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2019

    @Randulf.7614 said:
    It will be later since the prologue is set elsewhere. Tne prologue might give is a sneak peak of the "new world order" the devs have hinted at though and that might tie into the dialogue or symbolise factions splitting up in the World now the Dragons presence is diminishing (or both)

    My guess is that we’ll see a big shift in the state of Charr politics/society, or at least introduce the tensions that will set that up down the line. With Kralk gone I could see things devolving between the Legions, or their treaty with the humans dissolving. I do like the idea of the Legions struggling against one another for power.

  • Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Jormag knows will die if won't cooperate.

    Do you remember the cinematic from Flashpoint when two orbs of Primordus and Jormag both destroyed themselves?

    Now it's a real chance it can happen, and Jormag seems to just have a will to survive, needs our help too.

    Jormag is a bad guy, but is not stupid. Either Jormag or destruction - the choice seems simple.

    The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

  • Aaron Ansari.1604Aaron Ansari.1604 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2019

    @RyuDragnier.9476 said:

    @Tyson.5160 said:
    The updates might be more frequent if they aren’t having to release full blown maps, but parts of maps that eventually lead to the map being complete.

    Back when they did that in LS2, we got updates every 2 weeks.

    True, but they needed a three month break between episodes 4 and 5 to make that work, plus another month (partially due to the holiday) between 7 and 8. Even with that extra time, the maps we got as a result were pretty barren. I wouldn't want to go back to that.

    R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

  • Poormany.4507Poormany.4507 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2019

    @Arden.7480 said:

    @Regh.8649 said:
    Maybe Jormag is aware of Primordius eminent awakening (hence the rising red on the logo) and he's trying to create a temporary aliance with aurene, to ensure his survival.

    Aurene and the tyrian races are in no place to deny the offer if they want to preserve the world. It's like Jormag in telling us "accept my offer and I'll help you". Maybe we'll be seeing the most epic battle of Ice and Fire.

    Not a pro on Lore so...

    Very possible

    Also agree it may be an alliance against Primordus, since if Jormag is waking up again, chances are Primordus is not far behind since the two were knocked out at the same time. That would put the PC at a really hard decision if it means risking an alliance with Jormag and standing a chance against Primordus or Primordus becoming active again and having to deal with fighting 2 elder dragons at the same time.

    If not, my next best guess is Aurene since it would be easy to exploit her love for those around her, especially her champion, to force her to join him. We've already seen her be willing to die to save the PC against Kralk, she may choose to join Jormag (at least temporarily) if it means saving her champion at the moment.

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2019

    @Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

    @RyuDragnier.9476 said:

    @Tyson.5160 said:
    The updates might be more frequent if they aren’t having to release full blown maps, but parts of maps that eventually lead to the map being complete.

    Back when they did that in LS2, we got updates every 2 weeks.

    True, but they needed a three month break between episodes 4 and 5 to make that work, plus another month (partially due to the holiday) between 7 and 8. Even with that extra time, the maps we got as a result were pretty barren. I wouldn't want to go back to that.

    Very true, but we could see something like a month and a half between releases rather than 3 months due to how they can build their maps. Also sounds like they could add other things are as well as we are now up to 4 teams rather then 3.

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Arden.7480 said:
    Jormag knows will die if won't cooperate.

    Do you remember the cinematic from Flashpoint when two orbs of Primordus and Jormag both destroyed themselves?

    Now it's a real chance it can happen, and Jormag seems to just have a will to survive, needs our help too.

    Jormag is a bad guy, but is not stupid. Either Jormag or destruction - the choice seems simple.

    I mean, I get that there could be other means to destroy Jormag, ie the fire magic of Braham’s Bow, but if Jormag is defeated from this saga, won’t we need Primordus? Let’s say we don’t end using Primordus energy for Jormag, we are going to need some of that ice energy to combat Primordus. Unless we acquire a replacement for Jormag to combat Primordus, which we will need if we try to kill Jormag.

  • One of the reasons I'm hesitant to label it manipulation targeting the races and leave it at that, is that the announcement had made a repeated point to state that Jormag is giving a new look at the world's status quo and is going to adapt to it.

    So the idea of it trying to offer an alliance with mortals, or even manipulate Aurene into joining Jormag, is a much more interesting and "adapting to new status quo" concepts.

    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.

  • For my part, this hole Idea of Jormag making nice in any way reminds me of the Turtle and Scorpion. It may be that its intent is to survive but its nature will be to destroy no mater what. Even if it did buddy up with every one to defat Primordus it will then get an infusion of Magic as will Aurene but its Nature has fundamentally not changed as Aurenes has so its instinct will be to lash out, probably by making more Ice brood by force, mile thick sheets of ice over everything north of the equator and turning the Champion in to a finger puppet, where as our little buddy{Aurene} runs off and has a Dragon Melt down someplace ells, safe for the world. For my part I will plan for the worst, {Bring all my faverit toys and all my friends with there toys} Hope for the best, (Laugh about the hole thing while sipping mojitos on a beach under the shade of a palm tree as Jormag and Aurene lament her Mother over what ever the Dragons version of Rum and Beer shooters is). Just a thought.

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Despite Mordremoth being the dragon of minds, Jormag has always been the most manipulative and devious of the Dragons.

    Jormag doesn't flat out corrupt his minions by dominating them like the other dragons we've seen so far.
    Zhaitan would murder his subjects then raise them against their will.
    Kralkatorrik would brand his minions and enslave them to his will.
    Mordremoth dominates his minions minds and twists them to his will.

    Jormag on the other hand seduces its minions, makes them serve it willingly and corrupts them with their consent, believing that they are being empowered by the dragon not corrupted and enslaved.
    In many ways this makes Jormag far more malicious and dangerous, should a large number of people believe it's lies and false promises it could lead to massive numbers falling to Jormags ranks and rapidly growing it's army of icebrood.
    We could very well see this happen with large numbers of the Flame Legion as Wooden Potatoes claimed in his recent videos, becoming the Frost Legion and causing no end of problems in Charr society as they infultrate and seduce more Charr into the ranks of the Dragon.
    The Norn already suffering this very same problem with the Sons of Svanir.

    This is what Jormag does best, it divides and then it conquers.

  • Kalavier.1097Kalavier.1097 Member ✭✭✭

    @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    One of the reasons I'm hesitant to label it manipulation targeting the races and leave it at that, is that the announcement had made a repeated point to state that Jormag is giving a new look at the world's status quo and is going to adapt to it.

    So the idea of it trying to offer an alliance with mortals, or even manipulate Aurene into joining Jormag, is a much more interesting and "adapting to new status quo" concepts.

    Ah. That information I was lacking. Would make sense to try to get the commander on their side though. A very popular individual starting to talk about Jormag being a good thing would rattle the world.

  • Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It was confirmed in the Magazine the spheres of magics of some Dragons and Jormag's are Ice and Persuasion.

    No good...

    The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

  • Perhaps he is offering all wvw pvp fractals and raids players who want content.
    Unfortunately anet and casuals chose to accept the alliance but the players didn‘t

  • Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @torben.1532 said:
    Perhaps he is offering all wvw pvp fractals and raids players who want content.
    Unfortunately anet and casuals chose to accept the alliance but the players didn‘t

    It's lore section.

    The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

  • CETheLucid.3964CETheLucid.3964 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2019

    @Kalavier.1097 said:

    @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    One of the reasons I'm hesitant to label it manipulation targeting the races and leave it at that, is that the announcement had made a repeated point to state that Jormag is giving a new look at the world's status quo and is going to adapt to it.

    So the idea of it trying to offer an alliance with mortals, or even manipulate Aurene into joining Jormag, is a much more interesting and "adapting to new status quo" concepts.

    Ah. That information I was lacking. Would make sense to try to get the commander on their side though. A very popular individual starting to talk about Jormag being a good thing would rattle the world.

    Maybe we can ultimately get Jormag on our side. Maybe together with Aurene we can fix Jormag if they're suffering from a similar torment condition that Kralkatorrik had going without killing them.

    Maybe Jormag's case isn't as bad as Kralkatorrik's was, and with Aurene being able to fix magic entanglement in a way no other ED can now maybe we don't have to find too many other replacements if we can just manage to "fix" the ones that exist at present.

  • Wow....had to watch it again after reading so many fun replies...

    I like the primordus talk.

    “Stand against me and you stand alone.”

    Tough to make of it.

    Like he’s aware of primordus’ status .... and that multiple dragons are falling.

    “We’re comin’ for ya Footsteps!” (Name that movie)

  • For anyone who played Rift, this is very reminiscent of Cruica. I highly doubt Jormag is trustworthy but with a voice like that s/he can icebrood me any day.

  • Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Aylpse.6280 said:
    For anyone who played Rift, this is very reminiscent of Cruica. I highly doubt Jormag is trustworthy but with a voice like that s/he can icebrood me any day.

    right?! :D

    The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

  • Telwyn.1630Telwyn.1630 Member ✭✭
    edited September 7, 2019

    Despite Mordremoth being the dragon of minds, Jormag has always been the most manipulative and devious of the Dragons.

    Jormag doesn't flat out corrupt his minions by dominating them like the other dragons we've seen so far.
    Zhaitan would murder his subjects then raise them against their will.
    Kralkatorrik would brand his minions and enslave them to his will.
    Mordremoth dominates his minions minds and twists them to his will.

    Jormag on the other hand seduces its minions, makes them serve it willingly and corrupts them with their consent, believing that they are being empowered by the dragon not corrupted and enslaved.
    In many ways this makes Jormag far more malicious and dangerous, should a large number of people believe it's lies and false promises it could lead to massive numbers falling to Jormags ranks and rapidly growing it's army of icebrood.
    We could very well see this happen with large numbers of the Flame Legion as Wooden Potatoes claimed in his recent videos, becoming the Frost Legion and causing no end of problems in Charr society as they infultrate and seduce more Charr into the ranks of the Dragon.
    The Norn already suffering this very same problem with the Sons of Svanir.

    This is what Jormag does best, it divides and then it conquers.

    Accept we'll see female charr in that Legion if that happens. Sad I love female charr and want to know where the flame legions female charr are at so I can free them.

  • Yes, the type of alliance where you join forces and stand aside and let Jormag do what it wants, and if you try to interfere, Jormag will kill you. Which was the other option he offered up front.

    Vàsher (Grd), Bondsmith Yharnam (Eng), Mistress Glaive (War), Hasla the Huntress (Rng), Seaguard Hala (Mes) + The Wintertalon warband
    Northerner @ Dragon Season (DS) | Winter's Talon Reborn (WT)
    Seafarer's Rest (SFR) since launch!

  • Regh.8649Regh.8649 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2019

    @Dondarrion.2748 said:
    Yes, the type of alliance where you join forces and stand aside and let Jormag do what it wants, and if you try to interfere, Jormag will kill you. Which was the other option he offered up front.

    You just don't go to a parley and not negociate terms!

    "Listen here Jormag Pal, you do it or we'll split your head open like we did to your other three cousins eh?"

    I'm confident we can find a middle ground here.

    Formula for success: Rise early, work hard, strike oil.

  • I honestly hate this 'domain' stuff. It is so... choking out possible developements.

    That said, why is everyone convinced that the dragons are evil?
    Zhaitan wanted to create a world without dying, without loss. The risen are not pretty, but they keep on with their lifes.
    Primordus wants a world, where his fire creatures can roam freely.
    Mordremoth wanted a world where every mind is connected - thing the possibilities!
    Kralk wanted a world of crystal, beautiful, hardy creatures free from pain and fear.
    Jormag wants a world of strenght, with noone freezing to death.

    yes, from our POV they are evil, but from theirs?

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2019

    @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    I honestly hate this 'domain' stuff. It is so... choking out possible developements.

    That said, why is everyone convinced that the dragons are evil?
    Zhaitan wanted to create a world without dying, without loss. The risen are not pretty, but they keep on with their lifes.
    Primordus wants a world, where his fire creatures can roam freely.
    Mordremoth wanted a world where every mind is connected - thing the possibilities!
    Kralk wanted a world of crystal, beautiful, hardy creatures free from pain and fear.
    Jormag wants a world of strenght, with noone freezing to death.

    yes, from our POV they are evil, but from theirs?

    Because from our POV they are evil is a good enough reason. Behind every description you list is agenda of pure domination, enslavement and corruption to their cause with no room for exception. No allowances for free will or other ways of living.

    This isn't a case of us letting them carry on - the Dragons and the free world are not compatible. The Dragons do not allow for choice and it is that immorality, it is that corruption they inflict which labels them as evil. We have gone past the point of them being mere forces of nature as well.

    Their POV doesn’t really matter since coexistence is impossible and they will destroy either outright or by corruption.

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • how much free will does a Wyld Hunt Valiant or legion bound charr have?

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.