Why we don't have emote for kiss or hug? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Why we don't have emote for kiss or hug?

Ezzi.3670Ezzi.3670 Member ✭✭
edited October 2, 2019 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

I wanted give for my lovely friends when I use /kiss or /kissblow

and /hug or /cuddle

<1

Comments

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

I’d like that because maybe I wouldn’t feel so existentially lonely and empty on the inside

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• @Rauderi.8706 said:

@whoeverxwins.1279 said:
    I want /slap for certain NPCs.

...This is fair.
    I would take up an excessive amount of time /slap'ing Caithe. :no_mouth:

Yea, flailing my sword at their invulnerable selves isn't satisfying enough

• @kharmin.7683 said:

@Shaogin.2679 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:
    No thanks. This would be one of the last things I want to see in game. If implemented, then people would again start calling for a marriage system with boons or perks which, IMO, wouldn't benefit the game.

How did you go from someone asking for an emote, to people wanting a marriage system with boons and perks? The game can use more emotes, so I’m all for it.

I've been around here for a while. I am making a prediction based on observation.

But I have been wrong before. Still, I wouldn't want the proposed suggestion added.

I've been here longer, ignore this guy. More emotes is a good thing!

Longevity or whatever does not invalidate my opinion. You want them. I don't. These forums are for discussion and debate; calls to silence and/or ignore posters goes against the idea of what forums are.

The only reason you stated is because people might want more in the future. I hope you don’t feel that way about content.

Also, invoking time you’ve been here means absolutely nothing. More emotes are a good thing with literally zero negatives. You’re just trying to create one to be adversarial.

• Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭✭

I want more emotes in general. I want to be able to just play the game threw emotes and role play properly.

• Fenella.2634Fenella.2634 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2019

I think the main problem is the difference in body types and heights. Coding for that is pretty complex and you would get a lot of weird stuff, like norns hugging air... When the PC actually touched Aurene in a cutscene in the finale of LS4 that was quite impressive for that reason. And it still had clipping with some armor. And that was just one hand... Imagine the awfulness of characters with different height trying to hug in open world per emote.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

You’re just trying to create one to be adversarial.

You misunderstand me, but that's ok. We have a difference of opinion and I can respect that.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• DietPepsi.4371DietPepsi.4371 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2019

@Endless Soul.5178 said:
    And what if I don't want my character to be /hugged or /kissed by creeper types?

I'd say one of two solutions:
    1. You both have to enter the emote targeted at one another (Like how 'Cheer @' returns '[Player] cheered for [Target]').
    2. A confirmation box that you have to confirm or deny, and an option in the game options menu that lets you set who can send you cooperative emote requests (Everyone, Friends, Guild, Friends and Guild, No one, etc...).

You stand to benefit more from making friends than you do making enemies.

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Endless Soul.5178 said:
    And what if I don't want my character to be /hugged or /kissed by creeper types?

This. How do you make sure the emote only works on consenting targets? (That's after figuring out how to animate something that affects another character, not a trivial matter).

@Linken.6345 said:
    People feel harrased when other people jump close to them how would it be if they wre being huged and kissed at?

Yes, thank you. Because some people couldn't take something like what is suggested and be mature about it is why I believe ANet would not create these emotes.

Very.
    Casual.

• Tsakhi.8124Tsakhi.8124 Member ✭✭✭

Because of cooties! Eww, gross! Joking aside, it's probably hard to program and also it has the potential to open up a nasty can of worms , falling out of the drama wagon. (But, I want a Gibb's Smack emote to get my point across in such a ... loving way. )

There is a reason the old paths are behind us; the only way we can see what's in front of us is to look forward and remember why the old paths were left behind.
    "I always thought that Joko was a THOT."
    Bruh, fix your car.

• Udolpho.1209Udolpho.1209 Member ✭✭✭

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

...That's what the /slap emote would be for.

Would love to see more emotes, including both /kissblow and /slap

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:
    We don't have any emotes where your character touches or interacts with another. I suspect it's a programming thing, it's harder to program emotes that affect two characters.

Gw1 had some, like rock paper scissors. I wonder why that feature never made it into gw2...

• avey.4201avey.4201 Member ✭✭✭

From an asuran perspective /[email protected] and the @'d asura should respond with /cower.
    If we are talking emotes, I would like /surprised on asura to poop a bauble "kitten a brick reference" for when I'm about to be ran over by WvW zerg.
    also no need for /slap, you can go to wvw and throw seige on your friends dead bodies, or enable seige placement "not building it" in pve for seiging people.

edited October 3, 2019

@Teratus.2859 said:
    -snip-

I'm glad someone finally took the time to read my comment. Thankyou.

How about a mixture of 1 and 2 then? That is; you and the co-operator both have to have each other targeted, and type '[co-op emote type] @', and there is a setting added in the general settings that controls who can do co-op emotes with you (Everyone, No one, Guild, Friends, Guild and Friends, etc...)

If a player targets you with a co-op emote and they aren't in your permissions it returns "[target] isn't accepting [emote type] right now."

@avey.4201 said:
    Jump next too? WHAT? Well, better tell them to not look down, cause asurans will jump anywhere w/wo anyone, it's the native hello. =)

Yeah, I can't help but feel that that is rather irrational to feel harassed just by someone jumping next to you. Like you said it's generally accepted as a form of friendly 'Hello' in this game, and I've never felt like anyone jumping in front of me has been doing so with malicious intent, heck I often join in as a way of being friendly back to them.

@DietPepsi.4371 said:

I'm glad someone finally took the time to read my comment. Thankyou.

How about a mixture of 1 and 2 then? That is; you and the co-operator both have to have each other targeted, and type '[co-op emote type] @', and there is a setting added in the general settings that controls who can do co-op emotes with you (Everyone, No one, Guild, Friends, Guild and Friends, etc...)

If a player targets you with a co-op emote and they aren't in your permissions it returns "[target] isn't accepting [emote type] right now."

I get it, really I do, but I think that this is a lot of effort to put something in the game that would really target a very small niche of the player base.

Very.
    Casual.

@kharmin.7683 said:
    I get it, really I do, but I think that this is a lot of effort to put something in the game that would really target a very small niche of the player base.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree totally that I can't realistically see this being implemented in-game any time soon specifically because of the amount of work and headache it would cause the ANET devs whom would have to work on it, and how little payoff there would be in return. I just wanted to clarify that in the unlikely scenario that some ANET devs did commit to implementing this, it would be totally possible to protect vulnerable players and prevent other players from abusing the system for malicious purposes.

• Offair.2563Offair.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@kharmin.7683 said:
    No thanks. This would be one of the last things I want to see in game. If implemented, then people would again start calling for a marriage system with boons or perks which, IMO, wouldn't benefit the game.

Now i want to /hug or /kiss you for some odd reason.

Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and own you with experience.
    Big Babou, Ranger for life.

• SexyMofo.8923SexyMofo.8923 Member ✭✭✭

The rockout emote is a heavy kiss.

@Offair.2563 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

Haha! No, thank you. ;) A simple /wave will suffice.

Very.
    Casual.

• /blowkiss, /hug is a good choice too

• Ryukai.6524Ryukai.6524 Member ✭✭✭

We don't even have a /hi or /hello or /greet so you got no chance for a /hug

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

@Ryukai.6524 said:

/wave gives you a /wave.

• Ryukai.6524Ryukai.6524 Member ✭✭✭

@DietPepsi.4371 said:

@Ryukai.6524 said:

/wave gives you a /wave.

I know, but it's not the same as a Hello or Hi. You generally wave at someone that you know but are passing by and not stopping to chitchat with.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

• Crackmonster.2790Crackmonster.2790 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2019

@Offair.2563 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

Definitely needs a /hug

Such much in need it will be hard to make one realize it this late in life. But if the dam breaks..

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭

Only if it's mutual.

I do not accept unsolicited hugs.

• Only if I get a "/stabs in soft parts" emote to use in return.

But really, pay attention to the people that are saying how difficult it would be technically, they are right. Its just not going to be a thing.

Hate Is Fuel.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2019

@Shaogin.2679 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

How did you go from someone asking for an emote, to people wanting a marriage system with boons and perks? The game can use more emotes, so I’m all for it.

I've been around here for a while. I am making a prediction based on observation.

But I have been wrong before. Still, I wouldn't want the proposed suggestion added.

I've been here longer, ignore this guy. More emotes is a good thing!

1. Assuming gender, how not 2019.
    2. This is no contest. Your opinion isn't worth more because you "have been here longer."
    3. The suggested emotes are nonsense IMO (and I have been here since GW1's release!!!11 :lol: ). It would only make hanging around in cities even more ridiculous than already existing immersion-breakers like mini skirts, high heels, neon infusions and futuristic/sci-fi designed outfits and weapons do. So, no thanks.
  • Cristalyan.5728Cristalyan.5728 Member ✭✭✭

@Ezzi.3670 said:

and /hug or /cuddle

Interesting ! I just want to see a Don Juan like Assura kissing an attractive large Norn lady =). The ladder is included in this emote?
    Excelsior!

• Offair.2563Offair.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@Ezzi.3670 said:

and /hug or /cuddle

Interesting ! I just want to see a Don Juan like Assura kissing an attractive large Norn lady =). The ladder is included in this emote?
    Excelsior!

Beercrates!

Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and own you with experience.
    Big Babou, Ranger for life.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.