Chances of Druid pets getting a rework like Chrono did?

Rico.6873

New pets?Astral pet versions of your pet if you transform?Chrono was giving their own unique shatters so there is still a chance of druid getting something special!

What would you change with druid pets?Would you let druid pets have a more active healing role?Shielding role for the tank or the ally with the lowest health?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Durzlla.6295 said:Personally I’d want us to keep the “weaker” pets, make all Avatar abilities PbAOE, but make it so when we go astral form the pet is invuln (and becomes astraly in appearance), and our avatar abilities originate around both us and the pet

This.Plus more than one avatar Form you can choose or augment.One like now (heals, CC).One for offensive stuff in groups (burn Condis, dmg and buffs)One for solo play (CC, condis, soft CC).Choosable via traits could be an idea or like a utility skill.The tradeoff from your pet could even be different.

I think the pet is Druid's problem.Celestial Avatar does not replace Ranger's mechanic, this will never allow Druid to be a strong support, because he basically uses two mechanics.

I would like Anet to decide to apply the same system used with Berserker, ie to make the base mechanic unusable and replace it with the Elite one.

I would replace the skillful f1-f2-f3 with dedicated support skills, and I would make sure that druid can share stability with the allies.

I like the concept of CA but some skills need to be reworked, for example I would make Cosmic Ray more like Chapter 1: Desert Bloom, I would like bigger AoE skills etc ...

I wish the stirrup also could get something different for example I'd like to see Sublime Conversion become a bubble that Vine Surge has 350 or 450 ranges but that was Aoe skills and that gets an automatic attack that can be considered such.

I would give glyphs again the possibility of removing not 1 but 2 conditions and covering a slightly larger area.

@Revolution.5409 said:I think the pet is Druid's problem.Celestial Avatar does not replace Ranger's mechanic, this will never allow Druid to be a strong support, because he basically uses two mechanics.

I would like Anet to decide to apply the same system used with Berserker, ie to make the base mechanic unusable and replace it with the Elite one.

I would replace the skillful f1-f2-f3 with dedicated support skills, and I would make sure that druid can share stability with the allies.

I like the concept of CA but some skills need to be reworked, for example I would make Cosmic Ray more like Chapter 1: Desert Bloom, I would like bigger AoE skills etc ...

I wish the stirrup also could get something different for example I'd like to see Sublime Conversion become a bubble that Vine Surge has 350 or 450 ranges but that was Aoe skills and that gets an automatic attack that can be considered such.

I would give glyphs again the possibility of removing not 1 but 2 conditions and covering a slightly larger area.

The problem with removing the pet is then Druid would have “dead traits” if they removed pets from Druid entirely the Druid would still need a way to trigger pet swap traits, beast skill traits, and traits that buff the pet.

Now they could turn F1-F3 into like “animal summons” or something and make F4 into the CA skill and make it so when you enter/left CA those pet swap traits triggered.

But I’m not expecting Anet to give Druid that level of rework, even if it would be cool.

The pet nerf needs to be revoked. Trading one advantage or mechanic for another is one thing, having it gimped to little more than a hindrance you are still saddled with is another.

It may be overstating it a bit, and I wouldn’t like to see Druid lose having a pet option as part of why I was drawn to the ranger class was animal companions. But that is also part of why I hate that nerf: it doesn’t make sense thematically and feels like you’re telling me my Druid neglected her pets or hurt them through her class choices. :(

There was already a significant trade-off of DPS when taking Druid spec rather than a third core spec and Celestial Avatar was already nerfed — no further trade-off was called for IMHO.

Now removing Glyph of Empowerment I totally understood as it was a unique buff.

And then staff 3 absolutely needs to evade; it makes no sense to not function this way! I had regularly used this in raids to reposition, avoid damage and give my group a healing boost. How does a shard/punch/etc. knock me out of mistform??? It’s like salt in the wound after the pet nerf. :disappointed:

@Durzlla.6295 said:

@Revolution.5409 said:I think the pet is Druid's problem.Celestial Avatar does not replace Ranger's mechanic, this will never allow Druid to be a strong support, because he basically uses two mechanics.

The problem with removing the pet is then Druid would have “dead traits” if they removed pets from Druid entirely the Druid would still need a way to trigger pet swap traits, beast skill traits, and traits that buff the pet.

Now they could turn F1-F3 into like “animal summons” or something and make F4 into the CA skill and make it so when you enter/left CA those pet swap traits triggered.

But I’m not expecting Anet to give Druid that level of rework, even if it would be cool.

This is a great idea, the pet swap and CA have the same CD, although I'd like to see this again in 10 seconds.

I also think that Anet will never do something like this and that druid will remain useless but also the current situation is painful, in the previous druid patch he got a pet nerf that was not compensated by anything and this is unfair.

@Rico.6873 said:New pets?Astral pet versions of your pet if you transform?Chrono was giving their own unique shatters so there is still a chance of druid getting something special!

What would you change with druid pets?Would you let druid pets have a more active healing role?Shielding role for the tank or the ally with the lowest health?

The Druid itself needs the work, not pets.

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:Plenty of classes get a new mechanic with their elite spec without losing their core mechanic.

Anet has already changed this on many professions, only engi has not yet been modified if I'm not mistaken

However the ranger mechanic is different from other professions, pets have their own statistics that do not scale with the character's equipment, this means that you could be a full bunker and kill people, which is why in HoT Druid he got nerf and probably the changes that the pets have obtained to their damage is for the same, for this reason I think it is better to have a single mechanic that works 100% than to have two and have a useless profession.

@Revolution.5409 said:I think the pet is Druid's problem.

It is. It was one of the reasons that allowed druid to be just as duel oriented as support oriented. And after countless nerfs to druid itself, they did the last smack on it and just cut off 20 % of the pets' stats. Well, last smack before they went havoc on Ancestral Grace too.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Rico.6873 said:New pets?Astral pet versions of your pet if you transform?Chrono was giving their own unique shatters so there is still a chance of druid getting something special!

What would you change with druid pets?
Would you let druid pets have a more active healing role?Shielding role for the tank or the ally with the lowest health?

Except they do, along with the rest of the druid. Penalizing you with - 20 % pet stats for using druid is a so fucking lazy. Incorperating them into the druid would be a lot better.

I don't even care if they remove the pet and basically make it 2/2 elite specs that have the possibility to ditch the core mechanic, it's better than being a mediocre support spec with an even worse pet.

@Lazze.9870 said:

It is. It was one of the reasons that allowed druid to be just as duel oriented as support oriented. And after countless nerfs to druid itself, they did the last smack on it and just cut off 20 % of the pets' stats. Well, last smack before they went havoc on Ancestral Grace too.

Druid should never have had that chance, which is what made it too strong.Anet constricts the profession to have a pet, this will be good only for espec that will be concentrated with the pet, slb does not have these problems because the pet is part of the mechanic himself. Instead druid was given an extra mechanic to allow the profession to be part of raid groups and fractals.

@Lazze.9870 said:

Would you let druid pets have a more active healing role?Shielding role for the tank or the ally with the lowest health?

Except they do, along with the rest of the druid. Penalizing you with - 20 % pet stats for using druid is a so kitten lazy. Incorperating them into the druid would be a lot better.

I don't even care if they remove the pet and basically make it 2/2 elite specs that have the possibility to ditch the core mechanic, it's better than being a mediocre support spec with an even worse pet.

Pets are a different issue than Druid. Working on pets doesn’t fix up Druid, it fixes pets.

And there aren’t “Druid” pets, they are pets accessible to Ranger, Druid and Soulbeast builds.

@Revolution.5409 said:

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:Plenty of classes get a new mechanic with their elite spec without losing their core mechanic.

Anet has already changed this on many professions, only engi has not yet been modified if I'm not mistaken

Im all for the idea to make elite specs have a tradeoff for being an elite spec. If a 20% stat reduction of pets is a good one is very debatable, but at least the intention is good. I dont know that much about other classes, but I wonder what the tradeoffs for soulbeast, firebrand, spellbreaker, mirage, etc. are. Pets are very instrumental for druid and a 20% stat nerf is pretty significant, but druid got nothing in return.

@Virdo.1540 said:Druid is already strong enough, no need to rework except for nerfs

Soulbeast is still stronger, druid and core ranger have fallen behind substantially. Druid is only strong when running condi-bunker which is gimicky at best, before druid gets nerfed Id want mirage, thieves, holosmiths and guardians nerfed. (All of which are part of a major problem for pvp or wvw in general.)

Frankly I'd like for them to make our pets get empowered by our astral form and gain new abilities which do cc, and heal around them and us. Make us become the embodiment of nature as well make staff a more impactfull weapon.

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:

Im all for the idea to make elite specs have a tradeoff for being an elite spec. If a 20% stat reduction of pets is a good one is very debatable, but at least the intention is good. I dont know that much about other classes, but I wonder what the tradeoffs for soulbeast, firebrand, spellbreaker, mirage, etc. are. Pets are very instrumental for druid and a 20% stat nerf is pretty significant, but druid got nothing in return.

Soulbeast currently has no tradeoff. Spellbreaker only has 2 adrenaline bars total (instead of 3), and only gets tier 1 burst skills Ie the weakest one. Firebrand gets Tomes with significantly longer CDs in exchange for low CD instant cast abilities on their F1-F3 (I’d argue that they should also lost the passives, but that’s me), and Mirage loses the mobility from a normal dodge skill in exchange for a stationary dodge that can be done at all times.

So all of the ones you listed (minus Soulbeast) have a form of tradeoff. Whether it’s strong enough to warrant what they get in exchange is debatable. But I’d argue that since core warrior and core guardian are still things those professions definitely give up something. Mirage imo probably needs to get some unique shatters like chrono, and SB needs a trade off (probably gonna be just one pet)

@Durzlla.6295 said:

Soulbeast currently has no tradeoff. Spellbreaker only has 2 adrenaline bars total (instead of 3), and only gets tier 1 burst skills Ie the weakest one. Firebrand gets Tomes with significantly longer CDs in exchange for low CD instant cast abilities on their F1-F3 (I’d argue that they should also lost the passives, but that’s me), and Mirage loses the mobility from a normal dodge skill in exchange for a stationary dodge that can be done at all times.

So all of the ones you listed (minus Soulbeast) have a form of tradeoff. Whether it’s strong enough to warrant what they get in exchange is debatable. But I’d argue that since core warrior and core guardian are still things those professions definitely give up something. Mirage imo probably needs to get some unique shatters like chrono, and SB needs a trade off (probably gonna be just one pet)

I disagree, not having the pet during BM is a compromise.Warrior lose 2 adrenaline bars but get Full Counter, Mirage loses the dodge but gets Cloak of Mirage, SoulBeast that loses one of his 2 pets is not a compromise is a nerf, none of the other professions really lose anything with their espec, indeed it becomes something different.

Sorry I do not see the compromise for guardians, they get 15 new skills and can all be used at choice, without restrictions.

In a way, I think druid already got the "chrono-like rework".

That said, from my point of view, ideally, they should remove druid's pets skills. F2 would be a support aoe based on the pet type introduced with soulbeast.

So, in short, when taking druid, the pet can only use it's AA (no need for fancy -20% damage, just remove the pet skills that the ranger don't control) and F2 change to:

• Ferocious: Inflict 2 stacks of vulnerability (8 seconds) to up to 5 nearby foes. CA: Grant 2 might stacks (8 seconds) to up to 5 allies.
  • Deadly: Inflict poison (5s) to up to 5 nearby foes. CA: Grant ferocity (5s) to up to 5 allies.
  • Supportive: Blind (2s) up to 5 nearby foes. CA: Grant regeneration (5s) to up to 5 allies.
  • Versatile: Cripple (5s) up to 5 nearby foes. CA: Grant vigor (5s) to up to 5 allies.
  • Stout: Slow (5s) up to 5 nearby foes. CA: Grant protection (3s) to up to 5 allies.

All those F2 skills with the same 30 seconds CD and we are good.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@"Rico.6873" said:New pets?Astral pet versions of your pet if you transform?Chrono was giving their own unique shatters so there is still a chance of druid getting something special!

Except they do, along with the rest of the druid. Penalizing you with - 20 % pet stats for using druid is a so kitten lazy. Incorperating them into the druid would be a lot better.

Pets are a different issue than Druid. Working on pets doesn’t fix up Druid, it fixes pets.

And there aren’t “Druid” pets, they are pets accessible to Ranger, Druid and Soulbeast builds.

Eh? I never said "druid pets", and if I was to say "druid pets", it would obviously refer to the ranger's pet while playing as a druid. Duh.

When - 20 % pet stats is what you get from using druid, then pets are a part of the equation. That's the point, and why they in my opinion might aswell remove it from the elite spec and give druid F skills similar to a merged soulbeast. If ranger is gonna have a support spec, I don't wanna double dip into two half emtpy glasses (worse pet, average support relatively to other classes). I also already pointed out that the rest of the spec needs changes. One doesn't exclude the other.

Read.

@Durzlla.6295 said:

Soulbeast currently has no tradeoff.

Heh, the trade off is having to run the trait line at all. No one would use it if it didn't come with the merge mechanic, and the merge mechanic itself doesn't need any SB traits to be good unlike other elite specs which often enhance the new mechanic in some way or another.

-20 % stat reduction is neither a good trade off, or with any good intention. There is an intention there, but a good intention would be to put in some effort to it. They didn't.