Unbalanced Elementalist Combo — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Unbalanced Elementalist Combo

As a necromancer player ( 30k HP with Carrion Amulet), elementalist can kill me in 1 second.
Some mesmer build can does it too. Do you think game is balanced?
My opinion, if ANY character dies in less then 3 second is a proof of unbalanced game

<1

Comments

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭

oh well, that's a meme build with 0 survivabilty, if you get him by surprise you prolly kill him in 2 hits without doing all the positioning he needs to land his skill that has 20 secs cd, which is the only skill that can 1 shot ppl

• Gamble.4580Gamble.4580 Member ✭✭✭

Just currupt their speed and dps a few feet away and ez win

• Looks like friends get used to it. I am as a PvP player (more than 8k match) can say that, "1 hit combo" is not normal for any class, any game.
    Kiting is not a problem. Killing someone in less then 2 seconds is a proof of unbalance.

• Lottie.5370Lottie.5370 Member ✭✭✭

I'm assuming you mean the scepter/focus fresh air ele, yes they have insane burst but they die from just being looked at. If you have enough awareness to not be snuck up on, you can probably win as a reaper, especially with shroud up.

• most classes can do it. no it shouldn't be in the game.

• Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2019

@Landahar.5196 said:
    I am as a PvP player (more than 8k match) can say that, "1 hit combo" is not normal for any class, any game.

You aren't right on this point.1 hit combos, despite that statement being an oxymoron, exists in so many games. Many have assassins as part of their design paradigm.

Also on a scholar class with no toughness, pretty much anyone will do damage, especially those designed to do it.

• @Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Landahar.5196 said:
    I am as a PvP player (more than 8k match) can say that, "1 hit combo" is not normal for any class, any game.

You aren't right on this point.1 hit combos, despite that statement being an oxymoron, exists in so many games. Many have assassins as part of their design paradigm.

Also on a scholar class with no toughness, pretty much anyone will do damage, especially those designed to do it.

Well i am playing games nearly 25 years, worked in a game company as a software engineer for few years. But i find it bit unbalanced. We are not playing Skyrim you know. You shouldnt hit any class for 30K less than a second. What is the point of vitality?if you die with palading amulet. Deadeye, Elementalist, Mesmer classes should nerf a bit.
    They are counterable i know but that doensnt mean that you have pick counter class. That means they have to nerf for balanced gameplay. That is for future.

• @Landahar.5196 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Landahar.5196 said:

Well i am playing games nearly 25 years, worked in a game company as a software engineer for few years. But i find it bit unbalanced. We are not playing Skyrim you know. You shouldnt hit any class for 30K less than a second. What is the point of vitality?if you die with palading amulet. Deadeye, Elementalist, Mesmer classes should nerf a bit.
    They are counterable i know but that doensnt mean that you have pick counter class. That means they have to nerf for balanced gameplay. That is for future.

I think you may get surprised by the Ele hits once after that you know what he's running so you should be able to dodge and hit him back, just look at the attunement the ele is in and you will know when you may need to dodge

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2019

@Landahar.5196 said:
    As a necromancer player ( 30k HP with Carrion Amulet), elementalist can kill me in 1 second.
    My opinion, if ANY character dies in less then 3 second is a proof of unbalanced game

Lightening build is actually super strong can melt ur 30knin a instant but one sneeze and few blocks or one holosmith skill will kill it...

Aka balance... ;) with a “better class”

• Serenity.6304Serenity.6304 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2019

I hate those encounters and they feel cheesy but at least the high dmg has a trade-off with low sustain.

~ Miyu Chan / Tanky Miyu / Fyora ♥

• Killing in 1 second should never be permitted in pvp ever. Worth noting if he did do all that dmg in 1 second there is a high probability he is cheating/using a macro

"Any path that narrows future possibilities may become a lethal trap. Humans do not thread their way through a maze; they scan a vast horizon filled with unique opportunities." - The Spacing Guild Handbook.

Beware the meta!

• @Fueki.4753 said:
    As a Core Guardian, any Holosmith/Warrior/Mirage/Reaper/Thief can down me within 10 (or three, of they spam conditions) seconds.

Let's Ele be OP, when literally ALL classes have disgustingly OP builds.

Ppl are not use of ELE doing damage so when they do ... they complain cause they feel bad being killed by this "sub-class" (Ofc I'm kidding... Maybe?)

• @Fueki.4753 said:
    As a Core Guardian, any Holosmith/Warrior/Mirage/Reaper/Thief can down me within 10 (or three, of they spam conditions) seconds.

You probably have a problem with ur build if u die too fast to condi with core guard.

Troll since 1982.

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:
    Ppl are not use of ELE doing damage so when they do ... they complain cause they feel bad being killed by this "sub-class" (Ofc I'm kidding... Maybe?)

Out of all the power creep and general clown festival that PvP became, any rational person would regard Ele is the least problematic though.

• Ive played fa weaver a lot and can confidently say its nothing more than a good noob killer build. It has so many weaknesses, and will die instantly from any kind of coordinated pressure.

edited October 30, 2019

oh, he's talking about fresh air, at first I thought it was about dat earth dagger 5 build

Think of FA weaver as a bad Deadeye

If you have any 2 high mobility builds in the other team FA is borderline unplayable

• Vancho.8750Vancho.8750 Member ✭✭✭

@Khalisto.5780 said:
    oh, he's talking about fresh air, at first I thought it was about dat earth dagger 5 build

Think of FA weaver as a bad Deadeye

If you have any 2 high mobility builds in the other team FA is borderline unplayable

It kinda works the same it doesn't teleport around that much but it has more damage upfront and has ranged hard cc, while DE has imob, kinda the same getting instacasted from range. So you are dead in cc nice.
    Meme time
    Just dodge LOL.

• It is sad that ppl don't even understand the subject of the topic..
    It is not about dodge or how squishy the builds. it is about overpowered damage on some classes. Nobody should kill you in less than a second yet you shouldnt kill someone in less than a second with any class and any build.. At least make it 5 second, its OK.
    Is it really too hard to understand?

• @Landahar.5196 said:
    It is sad that ppl don't even understand the subject of the topic..
    It is not about dodge or how squishy the builds. it is about overpowered damage on some classes. Nobody should kill you in less than a second yet you shouldnt kill someone in less than a second with any class and any build.. At least make it 5 second, its OK.

I think most people get that. People have been complaining about and asking for a fix to power creep for a long time. Damage is ridiculously high in general, but complaining about specific builds usually ends in people arguing and saying l2p. The best you can do is learn what builds you hate fighting against, and then learn how to counter or avoid them.

• reikken.4961reikken.4961 Member ✭✭✭

Fresh air burst weaver used to be kinda good before it was nerfed really hard last year. It had enough damage to down people with a lot of different burst combos, so that if someone avoided the burst, it could evade for 4 seconds and still have another go at killing them, so they still had to keep their guard up. Now if the burst gets avoided, it's just a free kill.

@Landahar.5196 said:

those are most builds listed meta or very good in metabattle or godsofpvp, the ones you asking for, the 5 secs ones, the only difference there is that they fart survival abilities as easily as they fart dmg

• @Landahar.5196 so you want to go back to bunker meta?

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2019

The game is not balanced around how long it takes to kill when the encounter is standing still doing nothing as this is a game that promotes active gameplay.

Every build with a stunbreak and a dodge ready will survive that ele for more than 1 second and even far more when counterpressuring aka playing the game. Fresh air has clear tradeoffs.

If two players in your team are aware of it and focus it as soon as it shows up in a fight, it becomes useless instantly. In such a scenario (called teamplay) your 30k hp necro is way more valuable for a team.

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

What is fresh weaver build?

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thief is my obsession.

• @Crab Fear.1624 said:
    What is fresh weaver build?

scepter focus, air/arcane/weaver
    https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Weaver_-_Freshweaver

Weaver has a few more weeks under the radar.

Thanks @Paradoxoglanis.1904 for the build confirm!

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thief is my obsession.

• Shao.7236Shao.7236 Member ✭✭✭

I'm sorry, but you'll have to get better at it.

It's even baffling considering that you have the biggest health pool in the game with your shroud, maybe try reacting with a defensive utility? That would help.

Because you have high health doesn't mean you can just stand there and laugh at people with it. Less than 1 second? I'd like to have video footage of that happening, until then I don't believe it. Even Mesmers ambushing me at 24k health leave me with like 2k to react before the final hit. Can even just dodge, Daze doesn't stop you from it.

• Fresh air weaver cant do 30k damage in 1s in spvp even in full berserk + scholar + sigil of seperation + triple arcane damage util.
    and as a necro, the second you put weakness or chill on that thing all its damage goes to kitten. That is on top just dodge 4head.

If you meant the meme 30k churning earth + LF then I'd have to say you have no idea what balance even is because that's something which is literally full glass, requires long channeling, can't stealth, and can't be done from behind a wall. It's so bad that if someone were to label it "cheese", it's a build that cheeses its own team instead by making them 4v5.

next time figure out what's really going on first before you whine on the forums.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

I don't believe this build will be touched tho, not directly

We'll prolly see some nerfs to spin of fate and water and earth 2, fireweaver will prolly be deleted and everybody ia gonna play menders again

edited November 2, 2019

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

I don't believe this build will be touched tho, not directly

We'll prolly see some nerfs to spin of fate and water and earth 2, fireweaver will prolly be deleted and everybody ia gonna play menders again

I don't think this one will be touched, you are right.

I doubt anything will happen to weavers for a bit as there are much bigger fish to fry.

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thief is my obsession.

• Widmo.3186Widmo.3186 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 3, 2019

Imagine crying about FA, lol. I agree, fireweaver is some kind of an issue and could be slightly nerfed, but rest of Weaver builds...man, ANet proved many times that they have no idea how to balance ele. Either its old d/d age or completly unplayable. Touch it and we go back to time when you see one ele per 50 matches and even then you yell "gtfo kiddo and change your class or i report you for wintrading".
    Now in my opinion its balanced, high sustain build but without power spike and low mobility or high damage but with low sustain (you see FA popping earth 5? dodge/port away/stealth/pop immune/whatever). And then we have condi build, and we all know that everyone hates condi builds, except for ppl actually playing them.

Also, 30k damage from FA without time for reaction? Either your ping is 2000 or youre old man/clicking skills with mouse. The only oneshot thats really unhealthy, is Malicious Backstab. Mesmer or FA can be counterplayed, quite easily id say.

Dont mind me, I just randomly spam 35 skill-buttons

• Arheundel.6451Arheundel.6451 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Landahar.5196 said:

You are 6 years too late to complain about ele...it has been nerfed to irrelevance with only couple of poor man gimmicks left...nerfing those will change absolutely nothing as the class is dead already and should be deleted

-A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:
    Weaver is definitely overperforming on some builds just like the rest of the classes are.

The scale of Weaver overperforming is far smaller than the scale of other classes.
    Just wait two years, or whenever the next xpac with new elite specializations is released. Most currently over-performance, including Weaver's, will be nerfed into levels of being no competition against the new especs.

As for the new specs, we can only guess.
    Maybe Warrior gets a shroud and traps.

• Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭

The only problem with ele oneshot builds is that the main skills in it don't require target facing.

• Lilyanna.9361Lilyanna.9361 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Landahar.5196 said:

You are 6 years too late to complain about ele...it has been nerfed to irrelevance with only couple of poor man gimmicks left...nerfing those will change absolutely nothing as the class is dead already and should be deleted

Seriously? U sound like mirage players saying their class has been nerfed to uselessness. Weaver is definitely overperforming on some builds just like the rest of the classes are. Stop pretending their weak cuz their obviously far from it.

Actually no, we have FULL right to say this because our damage has been based one ONE TO TWO traits at most. Fireweaver is only relevant because of Sunspot. Fresh Air ele, and Weaver are being held up only becaue of well, Fresh Air.

You tell me what we have left if you hit fresh air and Sunspot. Go ahead. If you say tempest, I'll laugh, because Six out of the Nine classes checks auramancer tempest with their power builds.

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Landahar.5196 said:

Seriously? U sound like mirage players saying their class has been nerfed to uselessness. Weaver is definitely overperforming on some builds just like the rest of the classes are. Stop pretending their weak cuz their obviously far from it.

Actually no, we have FULL right to say this because our damage has been based one ONE TO TWO traits at most. Fireweaver is only relevant because of Sunspot. Fresh Air ele, and Weaver are being held up only becaue of well, Fresh Air.

You tell me what we have left if you hit fresh air and Sunspot. Go ahead. If you say tempest, I'll laugh, because Six out of the Nine classes checks auramancer tempest with their power builds.

All I kno is I've seen many weavers in last few month doing crazy condi burst with equal crazy sustain. No class should be capable of both no matter how much ele's try to pretend the class is still the same as it was in 2017-18. I definitely is not

• @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Landahar.5196 said:

All I kno is I've seen many weavers in last few month doing crazy condi burst with equal crazy sustain. No class should be capable of both no matter how much ele's try to pretend the class is still the same as it was in 2017-18. I definitely is not

The problem with fire weaver is they have very easy burning burst combos that have minimal telegraphs, on top of very good sustain with healing, cleansing and evades. The only thing keeping them from being more op is their low mobility. Sunspot can add a lot to their burst with the burning rage trait, but they still have a lot of damage and fire aura uptime without it.

• avey.4201avey.4201 Member ✭✭✭

@Landahar.5196 said:

If your not dodging, then dieing in less than a second is normal, if you live more than a second without dodging I'd be pondering unbalance.
    I do think they should remove the unblockable from 1 shot ele.
    As a guard I have 11,645 health, so will that ele, you have 30k hp+however much reaper gives, the animation of drawing the scythe in reaper mode, is enough to 1 shot me, I know from experience the animation of reaper makes the weapon draw hard to time dodging as it hits before weapon is drawn.

• This is true, and also this fresh air weaver is really hard to chase and kill, yet they can one shot you from farm range. Indeed need to be look at.

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

I actually kind of love Fresh Air Weaver.

Like throughout all of GW2 top end Elementalist builds have been stuff like DD Cele ele, support tempest, water and Weaver and now Condi fire Weaver.

Elementalist design has just never ever excelled at delivering the class fantasy of the mage who obliterates his enemies by raining down high damage balls of fire and lightning. It's a sword and sorcery PvP rpg and we don't really have the sorcery in PvP.

So Fresh Air ele is a build I'd actually really want to see buffed and incentivized. But the build does have some problematic aspects to it that should be hammered out, namely the instant cast damage on Lightning Strike and Electric Discharge should be changed. I'd personally like to see them become time bomb type attacks that you can see coming and react.

But in the scheme of things those problem aspects are small potatoes compared to the nerfs other classes need, and overall I think the build needs serious buffs.

Best Dressed Memser NA.

@mortrialus.3062 said:
    So Fresh Air ele is a build I'd actually really want to see buffed and incentivized.

For the sake of Elementalists no longer being pigeon-holed into Weaver and/or Stale Air, I'd actually see these two nerfed and Core trait lines, especially Fire (the one who should be the heavier hitter), being buffed.

• Ganathar.4956Ganathar.4956 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2019

@Fueki.4753 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:
    So Fresh Air ele is a build I'd actually really want to see buffed and incentivized.

For the sake of Elementalists no longer being pigeon-holed into Weaver and/or Stale Air, I'd actually see these two nerfed and Core trait lines, especially Fire (the one who should be the heavier hitter), being buffed.

Don't forget also buffing skills on ranged weapons so the damage lands easier. That way the reliance on cheesy instant cast utility skills and traits can be removed.

• Arheundel.6451Arheundel.6451 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2019

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Landahar.5196 said:

I repeat..the class is held together by a couple of gimmicks, remove those and there is no class . What I have just said it's not up to debate, there is no ele outside sword and air superspeed users , there is no core ele..there is no tempest..there is no warhorn, dagger/dagger core ele...all that is vastly UP compared to the rest of the game , especially warriors , can you imagine a d/d ele going against any kind of warrior?..He'd be creamed in all departments be it sustain or dmg or mobility.

I know that you don't give a kitten about balance, I know that none from the angry mob cares about balance, now should Anet remove all gimmicks from the game? OFC but after doing that they should curbstomp to hell the powercreep of the whole game so that the core concept of ele - a slow casting light armored mage with melee gameplay - becomes actually doable again.

They should nerf sword evades, yes ofc...but after that they should "destroy" the absurd melee dmg of : warrior -guardian -revs -reapers that can reach absurd levels of powerspike ..but also ranger in some set ups...do that and sword evasion nerfs are surely to make sense because after all anet made sword weaver to dodge the responsibility of re-working ele.

The class is a monkey joke respect to the rest..ofc they must give it some OP/broken aspects , without it..the whole thing would not be worth the presence in class selection screen.

In the end my friend, balance is a two sides coin..they need to remove the problem..but also the reason why the problem was created in the first place aka powercreep dmg of which the OP main is a great contributor

-A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

• Kulvar.1239Kulvar.1239 Member ✭✭✭

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Landahar.5196 said:

I repeat..the class is held together by a couple of gimmicks, remove those and there is no class . What I have just said it's not up to debate, there is no ele outside sword and air superspeed users , there is no core ele..there is no tempest..there is no warhorn, dagger/dagger core ele...all that is vastly UP compared to the rest of the game , especially warriors , can you imagine a d/d ele going against any kind of warrior?..He'd be creamed in all departments be it sustain or dmg or mobility.

I know that you don't give a kitten about balance, I know that none from the angry mob cares about balance, now should Anet remove all gimmicks from the game? OFC but after doing that they should curbstomp to hell the powercreep of the whole game so that the core concept of ele - a slow casting light armored mage with melee gameplay - becomes actually doable again.

They should nerf sword evades, yes ofc...but after that they should "destroy" the absurd melee dmg of : warrior -guardian -revs -reapers that can reach absurd levels of powerspike ..but also ranger in some set ups...do that and sword evasion nerfs are surely to make sense because after all anet made sword weaver to dodge the responsibility of re-working ele.

The class is a monkey joke respect to the rest..ofc they must give it some OP/broken aspects , without it..the whole thing would not be worth the presence in class selection screen.

In the end my friend, balance is a two sides coin..they need to remove the problem..but also the reason why the problem was created in the first place aka powercreep dmg of which the OP main is a great contributor

Fixing ele and removing 2s burst kill are both needed.

• Mechanix.9315Mechanix.9315 Member ✭✭✭

lol i saw grim on stream doing something like that

https://clips.twitch.tv/CulturedCautiousChamoisPogChamp

• The trick with FA in my experience is to just pay attention when they switch attunements to other than air. If you have sound on, they will say “water!” Or “Fire!” Or something along those lines. You know that once they hit you with something in these attunements they will almost always crit and will more than likely switch to air, and that’s where their burst comes from, and you can prepare for a defense in this manner

Also if you have the ability to negate critical damage like on warrior, you can just pop balance stance and you’ll have a survival window. Chaining balance stances with blocks should give you enough time to think of a strategy.

Also with FA, while playing on a necromancer, you want to have considerable range pressure because most FA ele’s will kite melle via super speed. Super speed makes them immune to chill and cripple, so having axe pressure will usually force them out of air to water Or earth. If they are taking too much damage they will either stay in these attunements even if their air attunement is off Cooldown, or they will switch to air simply to kite away or use their Blind on air 2.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.