What off-meta builds are underrated?

Dahkeus.8243

So, apparently S/P builds have been taking off for thieves thanks to the visibility the build has gained through Sindrener and it's got me wondering if there are any other off-meta builds out there that people may be overlooking.

Posing this question to the community: Do you think there are any other builds that are very strong, but aren't commonly known about in the current meta or was S/P just a very rare case?

There are hundreds of off meta builds that are perfectly viable. For instance you can play deadeye builds with say acro or crit strikes with either sword dagger or pistol and if played correctly in ranked you can accomplish much of the same thing and since people aren’t used to seeing it it can even beat meta builds in 1v1s many times. Sp build is basically this which by the way I’ve seen many top tier players do this for many seasons. What’s really different about it imo is it uses dash and the condi clear trait for a slight advantage in ranked over any other off meta builds. That’s my take on the sp dash build.

Here’s a list of good off meta builds that I can think off the top of my head atm, besides the thief builds mentioned above-Marksmanship soul beastBunker dh/core guardCondition EngiBunker core rangerFull 1 shots builds ie. mantra core Mesmer or core dpLots of variants of revenant ie Jalis or renegadeDuelist thief builds like dp+staffDeadeye or any kind of of P/PBurn firebrands/harrier FirebrandsStaff thief’s in general

Tbh I think I could go on for hours about this as pretty much any thoughtful selection of traits with a proper amulet can have its own play style that will do just as good, and honestly a lot of the ones I put in that list are super op when played correctly

Thief is the only class that have some flexibility. Most other classes are locked into meta builds. If you are on the higher spectrum of skill level, you can take any synergistic build to P2. That is as far as viability goes. To go higher you either in the top 0.5% skill wise, get really lucky or heavily manipulate the match making.

I have been playing DH lately. The gap between it and meta has decreased drastically since the beginning of the year. But still significant enough to render you inefficient in really difficult games.

@"Dahkeus.8243" said:So, apparently S/P builds have been taking off for thieves thanks to the visibility the build has gained through Sindrener and it's got me wondering if there are any other off-meta builds out there that people may be overlooking.

Posing this question to the community: Do you think there are any other builds that are very strong, but aren't commonly known about in the current meta or was S/P just a very rare case?

-"VERY strong?" no. "Kinda strong?" yes. It's not a rare case.Them becoming commonly known is usually what gets them killed so forgive my silence.

@Dahkeus.8243 said:So, apparently S/P builds have been taking off for thieves thanks to the visibility the build has gained through Sindrener and it's got me wondering if there are any other off-meta builds out there that people may be overlooking.

in my opinion druid hybrid healer, its a lot of fun and very intense. You got bow for escape and you got healing staff its very enjoyable and i recommend it if you main ranger.