why warclaw in PVE? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

why warclaw in PVE?

Hi Guys
I just got my last mount: warclaw. i dont understand the purpose anet make Warclaw to use in PVE.
it make sense is the only mount for wvw, but for PVE is useless. it do have the most health but still not good enough to be tanky. he should able to lvl ability on PVE.

Comments

  • JUN YANG.4328JUN YANG.4328 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @JUN YANG.4328 said:
    I just got my last mount: warclaw. i dont understand the purpose anet make Warclaw to use in PVE.

    People speculate that it was made available in PvE for only one reason: so that more PvE players came into WvW.

    maybe like me. try to collect all mount, and forced to play WvW =)

  • Warclaw should be able to perform decently in PvE and really shine in WvW, the same way the rabbit is a decent traveling mount, but really shines when jumping vertically. Sure, Warclaw is a mount that can be used in WvW, but that doesn't mean it should be handicapped in PvE. I'd be open to seeing it buffed or re-examined by devs in the future.

  • JUN YANG.4328JUN YANG.4328 Member ✭✭✭

    @AgentMoore.9453 said:
    Warclaw should be able to perform decently in PvE and really shine in WvW, the same way the rabbit is a decent traveling mount, but really shines when jumping vertically. Sure, Warclaw is a mount that can be used in WvW, but that doesn't mean it should be handicapped in PvE. I'd be open to seeing it buffed or re-examined by devs in the future.

    I hope this could happen. make warclaw more useful in PVE ( event become more tanky in PVE is good enough). and this will make more player interested in WvW world.

  • anonymous.7812anonymous.7812 Member ✭✭✭

    That's not a good reason to get PvE players into WvW. They'll come there and afk, or Karma-train if they have to.

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @anonymous.7812 said:
    That's not a good reason to get PvE players into WvW. They'll come there and afk, or Karma-train if they have to.

    And those players will leave after they get the mount, no harm no foul . . .

    But there are other players who will be surprised to discover that wvw is actually a lot of fun and stick around. One-offs like this are the best way to get ppl into wvw. It 'forces' players to try it but only the ones who enjoy it stick around. Compare, for example, a persistent change to rewards, which could both attract and unfortunately retain players who have no interest in the mode and only want their shinies . . .

  • There is no need to change anything on the warclaw in PvE. I mean everything it can do another mount can already do. They only made it an option for PvE so the strictly PvE players didn't cry "OMG WvW got an exclusive Mount how dare they!!!"

  • Because although its a little small. It still looks amazing with my charr.
    And also sometimes i use it to quickly mount up between small groups of mobs to give a higher instant dmg.

  • borgs.6103borgs.6103 Member ✭✭✭

    Because it's just the Griffon that can't fly, without feathers, and a cat head instead of a bird.

    Exploit people's good will and optimism.

  • Vyrulisse.1246Vyrulisse.1246 Member ✭✭✭

    It looks cool.

  • ParadoX.3124ParadoX.3124 Member ✭✭✭

    It has the highest hp

  • A Warclaw Mastery Track would be nice.
    Since the "all mounts will do this" mastery-track-points and "bonds" do not work in WvW there is already a separation.

    You could additionally increase its health pool and attack power or add a damage/CC ability that does not dismount.
    That way it would be a fighting mount that offers CC invulnerability and can kill mobs without dismounting.
    And since those abilities would come from mastery, WvW behavior of the Warclaw will not be affected.

  • Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Probably wasn't any good reason to turn it off in PvE, I'd guess.

  • BadHealer.3608BadHealer.3608 Member ✭✭✭

    @anonymous.7812 said:
    That's not a good reason to get PvE players into WvW. They'll come there and afk, or Karma-train if they have to.

    And complain all the time how boring this gamemode is. And be honest, if you don't have the warclaw you are feeling often behind. And once they have the warclaw they go away, because of the hole boring time before having the warclaw.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Pssst: It’s a WvW Mount.

    That is the only answer.

    All of those ‘upgrades’ you are looking for are available in WvW.. because...
    wait for it....
    wait for it.....
    wait. For... it...
    it’s a WvW Mount.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dediggefedde.4961 said:
    A Warclaw Mastery Track would be nice.
    Since the "all mounts will do this" mastery-track-points and "bonds" do not work in WvW there is already a separation.

    You could additionally increase its health pool and attack power or add a damage/CC ability that does not dismount.
    That way it would be a fighting mount that offers CC invulnerability and can kill mobs without dismounting.
    And since those abilities would come from mastery, WvW behavior of the Warclaw will not be affected.

    There is a mastery track.

    In WvW! Imagine that. A WvW mastery tack with upgrades for WvW for a WvW Mount...

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • @Ben K.6238 said:
    Probably wasn't any good reason to turn it off in PvE, I'd guess.

    This, really. I don't think it's a matter of "why add it to PvE too?" but "now it's made, why restrict it from PvE?".
    That it works as an incentive to WvW for some who otherwise wouldn't bother, and maybe sell skins to some PvE players are mostly bonuses, I think.

  • there is also the completionist crowd. It is in the game, they want it. Making warclaw usable in pve pleases those and does not harm to others.

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @JUN YANG.4328 said:
    I just got my last mount: warclaw. i dont understand the purpose anet make Warclaw to use in PVE.

    People speculate that it was made available in PvE for only one reason: so that more PvE players came into WvW.

    Additionally the more players who have it, the more potential there is for Warclaw Mountfit sales.

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ben K.6238 said:
    Probably wasn't any good reason to turn it off in PvE, I'd guess.

    There was 1 official reason for this: ANET said clearly they wanted to be able to tinker and modify the Warclaw as often as possible for balance (lol) in WvW, without it spilling over into PvE.

    But as others have mentioned on the forums before, just imagine for a second if the Warclaw was a fully functional mount in PvE but ONLY obtainable in WvW? The outrage posts would have been MASSIVE from PvE only players resenting ANET for 'forcing' them to go into WvW to get the mount.

    So at present, PvE players only have to go into WvW for the Warclaw if they want the skin, because in terms of functionality, the Raptor is better for combat while the Jackal is better for movement / evades.

  • @Strider Pj.2193 said:
    There is a mastery track.
    In WvW! Imagine that. A WvW mastery tack with upgrades for WvW for a WvW Mount...

    It's not a mastery track, but a "WvW Ability" and does not affect PvE.
    A PvE related mastery track for a battle-oriented mount would still be nice in my opinion.

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It's a WvW mount.

    The only reasons it's available in PvE is:

    1. To encourage PvE players to come to WvW to obtain it.
    2. To avoid angry complaints about the mount only being usable in WvW after unlocking.
    3. To maximize the potential market for Warclaw skins and avoid angry complaints from those who may unlock them but don't have the mount because they don't like WvW and don't want to go there.

    The only benefit for the Warclaw in PvE would be as a starter mount for players who have PoF, haven't gotten to the content yet but want a mount to play pre PoF content.

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Teratus.2859 said:
    It's a WvW mount.

    The only reasons it's available in PvE is:

    1. To encourage PvE players to come to WvW to obtain it.
    2. To avoid angry complaints about the mount only being usable in WvW after unlocking.
    3. To maximize the potential market for Warclaw skins and avoid angry complaints from those who may unlock them but don't have the mount because they don't like WvW and don't want to go there.

    The only benefit for the Warclaw in PvE would be as a starter mount for players who have PoF, haven't gotten to the content yet but want a mount to play pre PoF content.

    Getting the raptor is much faster than trying to get the warclaw. It will not take 4-8 hours to get through the first PoF instance.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dediggefedde.4961 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:
    There is a mastery track.
    In WvW! Imagine that. A WvW mastery tack with upgrades for WvW for a WvW Mount...

    It's not a mastery track, but a "WvW Ability" and does not affect PvE.

    It’s called ‘Warclaw Mastery’. Split hairs all day.

    Look it up:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Experience

    A PvE related mastery track for a battle-oriented mount would still be nice in my opinion.

    It’s not a PvE Mount. So, why have a PvE mastery track.. Enjoy it where it’s designed for.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 31, 2019

    @Khisanth.2948 said:

    @Teratus.2859 said:
    It's a WvW mount.

    The only reasons it's available in PvE is:

    1. To encourage PvE players to come to WvW to obtain it.
    2. To avoid angry complaints about the mount only being usable in WvW after unlocking.
    3. To maximize the potential market for Warclaw skins and avoid angry complaints from those who may unlock them but don't have the mount because they don't like WvW and don't want to go there.

    The only benefit for the Warclaw in PvE would be as a starter mount for players who have PoF, haven't gotten to the content yet but want a mount to play pre PoF content.

    Getting the raptor is much faster than trying to get the warclaw. It will not take 4-8 hours to get through the first PoF instance.

    Yes but its a spoiler free way to get your first mount.
    Edit
    Btw do unlocking the warclaw get away the bad mastery pop up that people are experiencing, anyone know?

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Khisanth.2948 said:

    @Teratus.2859 said:
    It's a WvW mount.

    The only reasons it's available in PvE is:

    1. To encourage PvE players to come to WvW to obtain it.
    2. To avoid angry complaints about the mount only being usable in WvW after unlocking.
    3. To maximize the potential market for Warclaw skins and avoid angry complaints from those who may unlock them but don't have the mount because they don't like WvW and don't want to go there.

    The only benefit for the Warclaw in PvE would be as a starter mount for players who have PoF, haven't gotten to the content yet but want a mount to play pre PoF content.

    Getting the raptor is much faster than trying to get the warclaw. It will not take 4-8 hours to get through the first PoF instance.

    Yes but its a spoiler free way to get your first mount.
    Edit
    Btw do unlocking the warclaw get away the bad mastery pop up that people are experiencing, anyone know?

    The things spoiled by that instance is already covered by the PoF trailer, ads and product page https://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/en_US/html/pbPage.pathoffire/themeID.4785548100

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Khisanth.2948 said:

    @Teratus.2859 said:
    It's a WvW mount.

    The only reasons it's available in PvE is:

    1. To encourage PvE players to come to WvW to obtain it.
    2. To avoid angry complaints about the mount only being usable in WvW after unlocking.
    3. To maximize the potential market for Warclaw skins and avoid angry complaints from those who may unlock them but don't have the mount because they don't like WvW and don't want to go there.

    The only benefit for the Warclaw in PvE would be as a starter mount for players who have PoF, haven't gotten to the content yet but want a mount to play pre PoF content.

    Getting the raptor is much faster than trying to get the warclaw. It will not take 4-8 hours to get through the first PoF instance.

    True but getting the Raptor requires skipping ahead and potentially spoiling story for some.
    If they find that to be a dealbreaker on getting Raptor then they can get the WArclaw instead and use it like a starting mount.