ArenaNet at E3 2019

Oh, we'll go back to Cantha alright...and it'll be in ruins. All buildings will be destroyed, all people dead and nothing of what the fans knew will be there any longer. Oh I REALLY hope that happens so I can finally stop hearing so much about Cantha...

@Trise.2865 said:Considering ANet has been more or less avoiding E3 for quite some time, this is an interesting development. What it means exactly is impossible to guess, but very interesting, indeed.

They went to E3 last year. The most they could talk about this year for GW2 is season 5, which would launch about a month later.

@Healix.5819 said:

@"Trise.2865" said:Considering ANet has been more or less avoiding E3 for quite some time, this is an interesting development. What it means exactly is impossible to guess, but
very
interesting, indeed.

They went to E3 last year. The most they could talk about this year for GW2 is season 5, which would launch about a month later.

More insider information, eh?

Well then, change my response to "Still not good enough reason to actually watch E3."

@Healix.5819 said:

@Trise.2865 said:Considering ANet has been more or less avoiding E3 for quite some time, this is an interesting development. What it means exactly is impossible to guess, but
very
interesting, indeed.

Yeah they were there last year for industry meetings not to demo anything or to talk to the public or press about anything.

I'd say it'll be the same this year.

• 2 months later...

It looks like the space they have is again in the meeting rooms area. I dropped coffee candy off to them last year :) Thou I did have quite a few stop to ask me where I got the Guild Wars 2 lanyard from and where were they so they could get one. Had to disappoint them as I had gotten it from the party they had in Seattle that I went to. I will again be the one walking around with a Guild Wars 2 lanyard on, lol.

@Kanok.3027 said:Oh, we'll go back to Cantha alright...and it'll be in ruins. All buildings will be destroyed, all people dead and nothing of what the fans knew will be there any longer. Oh I REALLY hope that happens so I can finally stop hearing so much about Cantha...

Oh that's fine I dont care about the city anyway, but the echovald, jade sea( ok that would be called different now) and the starter Island should be OK :)

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Kanok.3027 said:Oh, we'll go back to Cantha alright...and it'll be in ruins. All buildings will be destroyed, all people dead and nothing of what the fans knew will be there any longer. Oh I REALLY hope that happens so I can finally stop hearing so much about Cantha...

Oh that's fine I dont care about the city anyway, but the echovald, jade sea( ok that would be called different now) and the starter Island should be OK :)

echovald and jade sea have turned into normal biomes like those found in tyria and the starter island has sunk beneath the ocean

@derd.6413 said:

echovald and jade sea have turned into normal biomes like those found in tyria and the starter island has sunk beneath the ocean

That's just propaganda from the emperor :P

@Trise.2865 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Yeah they will announce new expansion which they been working on

They wont, season 5 of living world is coming first.

Point of order: that doesn't necessarily preclude announcing a new expansion pack. But it does make that less likely.

It kind of does, I can see them saying they are working on one, but announcing an expansion wont happen.

@WhatLiesBeneath.9018 said:

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:Yeah they will announce new expansion which they been working on

Point of order: that doesn't necessarily preclude announcing a new expansion pack. But it does make that less likely.

It kind of does, I can see them saying they are working on one, but announcing an expansion wont happen.

True but the leaks for PoF came shortly after E3, so it's indeed possible someone might be "That guy" and leak that and expansion is in the works and has been (We know it has been since PoF ended.) All through this season and all through the next it will be getting development and growth which to me says that it has a high possibility of being the largest and outright strongest addition we have gotten. Or at least.... one can hope....

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:Yeah they will announce new expansion which they been working on

True but the leaks for PoF came shortly after E3, so it's indeed possible someone might be "That guy" and leak that and expansion is in the works and has been (We know it has been since PoF ended.) All through this season and all through the next it will be getting development and growth which to me says that it has a high possibility of being the largest and outright strongest addition we have gotten. Or at least.... one can hope....

We dont know anything regarding a 3rd expansion. It points to Anet havent at all focused on a 3rd expansion after PoF because the focus was on other projects and not Gw2, thats what we know. I would love for what you said to be true, but I really dont think so. And working on an expansion since Sept 2017 to the end of season 5 seems ridiculous (since season 5 will atleast cover other 1,5 years of content releases).

@Healix.5819 said:

@Trise.2865 said:Considering ANet has been more or less avoiding E3 for quite some time, this is an interesting development. What it means exactly is impossible to guess, but
very
interesting, indeed.

A month later? Oh you sweet summer child.

@WhatLiesBeneath.9018 said:

We dont know anything regarding a 3rd expansion. It points to Anet havent at all focused on a 3rd expansion after PoF because the focus was on other projects and not Gw2, thats what we know. I would love for what you said to be true, but I really dont think so. And working on an expansion since Sept 2017 to the end of season 5 seems ridiculous (since season 5 will atleast cover other 1,5 years of content releases).

Its not ridiculous if they are well aware that both expansions were not well received, neither put this game on the map and neither were strong entries. You either love or hate them there is no inbetween. HoT had better zones (Base HoT) and PoF had a better story and was more accessible but I wasn't excited for PoF like I was HoT; To be fair Im sure they are aware this will make or break them. This game is now hinging on that next expansion and the living world; And since mounts and POTENTIALLY elite specs (I doubt it) will be given in this next living world season they need a selling point. A big one at that; Something that will drag in new players and older players whom have left so perhaps they are putting more work in on it that the previous entries.

• Cosmetic overhauls
  • New race
  • New class
  • Rework of core classes (In a much more hardcore sense)
  • Reworks of core maps (They said this would happen as we go in living world now, or that we would revisit older maps "Remember kessex hills?")

So legitamentally the sky is the limit and im merely saying we shouldn't Expect anything; For all we know they could go maintenance mode and end the game because they don't talk to us. But Id like to believe they have more going for them and that they have something planned and have big plans for us; Granted I wish they would try to create at least a little hype. But they should focus on being what they are, rather than being what they haven't been and stop trying to just push things that are current trends; Build some brand loyalty? I Want them to succeed, I love this game and the community as well the dev's. I want them to create the world they see but sometimes the line of what will be and what is is blurry. Im hoping for more, I expect more because I know they can do more and are so much more skilled than they sometimes show.

@PyrateSilly.4710 said:It looks like the space they have is again in the meeting rooms area. I dropped coffee candy off to them last year :) Thou I did have quite a few stop to ask me where I got the Guild Wars 2 lanyard from and where were they so they could get one. Had to disappoint them as I had gotten it from the party they had in Seattle that I went to. I will again be the one walking around with a Guild Wars 2 lanyard on, lol.

PS is right, guys, be careful about getting too giddy. More than once they've been at E3 just to have business meetings, no formal public interaction at all. It seems very unlikely they will be doing any sort of announcement.