The new charr female voice

For the love of the black citadel can we have her re-voice the previous lines of the game? She is so much better than what we had previously, there is so much more emotion there and I Feel like she is a far better choice. You did this with the male charr voice; Id like the female one to do this as well and so we could have a more... well dedicated and impactful voice that we previously have had. (Especially if she re-did the shouts, and voice lines we say durring combat.)

• Sad 1

Update: Apparently the OP was referring to this:https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/meet-the-new-voice-of-the-female-charr-player-character/

• [until this week], [t]here's only been a single voice actor for the female charr player character: Kate Miller.
  • There have been two actors for the male charr player character: Lex Lang & Ron Yuan. Lang didn't revoice all the lines; just a few (e.g. none from the personal story).
  • There have been two VAs for Rox: Rachel Robinson & Misty Lee.

The previous voice actor, Kate Miller, was unable to continue in the role due to other scheduling commitments, and we wish her all the best with her upcoming projects.(Notice the contrast with what ANet said about Rachel Robinson's departure.)

Besides being a huge expense to bring anyone into the studio to revoice an entire storyline, I personally think Misty Lee is far worse than Rachel Robinson was. I think she lacks any emotional connection to Braham, has trouble conveying the humor in the script (let alone adding any of her own), and her affect is so toned down I find myself frequently getting sucked out of the story with the shrill reminder that there's a voice actor behind the voice.

I've taught myself not to mind it so much. I'd hate, however, for any of the old Rox to be removed.

And yes, I considered the possibility that I might, like most humans, have trouble with change, so I took the time to listen to different bits of the stories with as open a mind as I could. And I walked away even more frustrated that Robinson was let go. (ANet's official stance: "we've decided to take the character ...in another direction.")

• Thanks 1

I look forward to see her performance in-game. I think it will be good, but I will miss Kate Miller's voice too. I just hope they change combat voice-over work for our commander. as honestly, it does bother me on male Charr that they have two voices, maybe I'm over-focusing on it... But, there is a difference in how they sound. I understand they won't go in and retroactively change story voice work and that's okay! I just wish for combat voice work overhaul. :)

@Durrheim.7625 said:I look forward to see her performance in-game. I think it will be good, but I will miss Kate Miller's voice too. I just hope they change combat voice-over work for our commander. as honestly, it does bother me on male Charr that they have two voices, maybe I'm over-focusing on it... But, there is a difference in how they sound. I understand they won't go in and retroactively change story voice work and that's okay! I just wish for combat voice work overhaul. :)

~~ But any difference in sound for female charr PC is the actor changing her voice/style, as its the same VA since launch. ~~Edit: Just saw that the VA is changed!Disregard my comment. I will hold judgement until I hear it in game though.

She also played the Public Address Holo announcer in the Inquest facilities in LS4.2 and Sandswept Isles.

Having listened, I have to admit that I might end up liking her better than the original VA. She really nails the PA announcements with a perfect balance of Dr Evilness, everyone's least favorite bureaucrat, and "stay calm; your body is merely dissolving; nothing to worry about."

However, we haven't yet heard her in the actual story, so I'm keeping an open mind.

I always find VA changes jarring. You get used to how someone sounds, their personality is exclusively portrayed through that medium. When they change it they might as well be replacing the character entirely. I did not enjoy that Rox changed. I didn't know it had happened before playing the season and hearing it. It was unpleasant. I feel like it will be even more jarring for the Commander since most of her voice will still be the other VA, for the number of lines a character says without an actual story happening. "Might makes right."

What a cutie pie! I love her laugh. :) Looking forward to hearing how we female Charr sound now. ;)

P.S. While I loved the rougher timbre of the first VA, she had no talent for expressing emotions most of the time. The lines sounded kind of dull and lifeless. (Sorry.)

Ah well. The old voice used to fit my main perfectly. It sounded bigger, burlier, calmer. The new one sounds like what I might expect my Holosmith to sound like, but not like the average Charr. Sounds too sassy-cutesy and too emotional to me. Would be great as an option to pick for a character because great VA.

• Like 1

@Blocki.4931 said:Ah well. The old voice used to fit my main perfectly. It sounded bigger, burlier, calmer.Calmer? But its so dominating! To quote a post I made in 2012 on the Charr female warrior voice (yes I actually dug it up from the archived forum, lol)...

“Gaining adrenaline!”. I’m exited to!“Almost ready!”. Same…“On My Mark!”. I know where to aim woman!“Here I come!”. … … …“Shake It Off!” What the… OH GOD ITS ALL OVER ME!!!“For Great Justice!”.kitten!!

@"Zaklex.6308" said:Is it me, or are some of those lines from Ep.6 as well as that one scene(the one finding a "true Dragonsblood spear")...did they forget Ep.6 isn't out yet?

Yeah isn’t that a huge spoiler? And I thought they said “Gwen”. Like the one from GW1, or new character?

@Fenom.9457 said:

@"Zaklex.6308" said:Is it me, or are some of those lines from Ep.6 as well as that one scene(the one finding a "true Dragonsblood spear")...did they forget Ep.6 isn't out yet?

Yeah isn’t that a huge spoiler? And I thought they said “Gwen”. Like the one from GW1, or new character?

They did say something about not being able to help someone with "Gwen"...might be another spoiler about the Mists in Ep.6.

I'm a big fan of Kate Miller's work as the Charr female, and I will miss her.

That said, after seeing the video, I'm convinced Mara is going to be awesome in the role, and am confident Charr female voice acting is in very capable paws. B)

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@Zaklex.6308 said:Is it me, or are some of those lines from Ep.6 as well as that one scene(the one finding a "true Dragonsblood spear")...did they forget Ep.6 isn't out yet?

They did say something about not being able to help someone with "Gwen"...might be another spoiler about the Mists in Ep.6.

Yeah. Now that I think about it though it’s not a big spoiler since we’ve entered the mists several times this season. The dragonsblood bit means a lot more in any case

@"Fenom.9457" said:The whole rox thing was weird but she hasn’t had hardly any story in years anyway so I barely know she exists

What story are you playing? She's been involved with the Olmakhan. She wasn't present in LS4.4 or 4.5, which was "months" ago, not years.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rox#Living_World_Season_4_2

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Fenom.9457" said:The whole rox thing was weird but she hasn’t had hardly any story in years anyway so I barely know she exists

What story are you playing? She's been involved with the Olmakhan. She wasn't present in LS4.4 or 4.5, which was "months" ago, not years.

But besides that her roles in PoF, S3, S2, and HoT were very small. I like her just fine, but she's always the last character I think of when I think of who's in my guild/ a longtime ally

@AllNightPlayer.1286 said:Wait a minute! Now they changed the voice actors for male AND female Charr? Oh my. That’s not a good sign from my point of view.

Do you think these voice actors only work on GW2? They have other commitments and if their schedules aren't going to match up what would you want ArenaNet to do, wait months and months for the original VA to have an opening in their schedule...that just adds cost and time, neither of which can be wasted, it's a normal part of the industry...voice actors change all the time, it's just that most of the time you don't notice it or are told about it.