Possibly the new Rev Silhouette

Raknar.4735

17 hours ago, SidewayS.3789 said:

I take you don't play fractal/raids otherwise you won't said this. We want a melee power spec now more than ever. And GS can deliver that.

And me and the others who are playing this class don't wants to play a warrior.
We don't feel the need to compete "so called" META builds by mimicking warriors.

Agree we need a power weapon, disagree it have to be that stupid spinning sword, boring cliché.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

I‘m still putting my eggs in the Leviathan/insect legend basket. The serrated style of the sword and the spikes all over remind me of a centipede.

If my speculation about the gloves being the bounty-hunter ones is correct, it would also fit (obviously my own bias is most likely making me interpret things my way). It may however also be a completely new armour set.

Edited by Raknar.4735
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

And me and the others who are playing this class don't wants to play a warrior.
We don't feel the need to compete "so called" META builds by mimicking warriors.

Agree we need a power weapon, disagree it have to be that stupid spinning sword, boring cliché.

Why does it has to be a warrior themed, spinning sword cliche? Do you know about Mesmer and Ranger having greatswords too?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Why does it has to be a warrior themed, spinning sword cliche? Do you know about Mesmer and Ranger having greatswords too?

You know ranger GS is basically Maul, auto-attack, Hilt Bash (to refresh Maul), Maul, auto-attack, Hilt Bash (to refresh Maul), again and again ?
Yes that the spinning sword cliche.
That's why I don't use GS with my Ranger.

And quoted post asked for " a melee power", so the Mesmer GS is off-topic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

49 minutes ago, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

You know ranger GS is basically Maul, auto-attack, Hilt Bash (to refresh Maul), Maul, auto-attack, Hilt Bash (to refresh Maul), again and again ?
Yes that the spinning sword cliche.
That's why I don't use GS with my Ranger.

And quoted post asked for " a melee power", so the Mesmer GS is off-topic.

And dual swords is basically 4,5,111,2,1111111111.... if Revenant is lacking something important right now is a power cleave weapon.

I also think you don't really understand the meaning of cliche but whatever.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

And dual swords is basically 4,5,111,2,1111111111.... if Revenant is lacking something important right now is a power cleave weapon.

That's it, we already have one boring melee weapon, we don't need a second one.

Let's have some imagination, don't restrain ourself to mimic warrior GS or guardian GS.
Revenant has a melee staff and a long range hammer.
We must have something else than power melee cleave GS, just like other professions.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, Raknar.4735 said:

I‘m still putting my eggs in the Leviathan/insect legend basket. The serrated style of the sword and the spikes all over remind me of a centipede.

If my speculation about the gloves being the bounty-hunter ones is correct, it would also fit (obviously my own bias is most likely making me interpret things my way). It may however also be a completely new armour set.

I could see that. The horns don't really fit, but that could just be the angle.

2 hours ago, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

Let's have some imagination, don't restrain ourself to mimic warrior GS or guardian GS.
We must have something else than power melee cleave GS, just like other professions.

Tbh I thought the running consensus was people wanting GS to be mid-range Power-cleave, like 600-900 range. That's what I'd like. 600 range autos, with skills ranging from 6-900 range.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

Nah, make a better and non-boring melee weapon. I think you are the only one thinking on the warrior greatsword xD

Legend speculation based on weapon is moot, as the previous Elites have shown. I reckon the weapon is a close range power one though.

Now, for the Legend tied to the region and going off the assumption that it might be more warrior/fighter/ronin themed, I think it could be either Talon Silverwing one or possibly a dual legend(?) of Viktor & Archemorus, faction leaders of Kurzick and Luxon who killed Shiro.

9 hours ago, Ertrak.9506 said:

Tbh I thought the running consensus was people wanting GS to be mid-range Power-cleave, like 600-900 range. That's what I'd like. 600 range autos, with skills ranging from 6-900 range.

There is no consensus. Some people want a melee power cleave weapon, some a ranged weapon. Which goes to show that the push for greatsword is less about 'here is the playstyle that's missing that greatsword can fill' and more about the aesthetics of greatsword itself.

4 hours ago, Rym.1469 said:

Legend speculation based on weapon is moot, as the previous Elites have shown. I reckon the weapon is a close range power one though.

Now, for the Legend tied to the region and going off the assumption that it might be more warrior/fighter/ronin themed, I think it could be either Talon Silverwing one or possibly a dual legend(?) of Viktor & Archemorus, faction leaders of Kurzick and Luxon who killed Shiro.

I'd be very disappointed if their best idea was the pair who fought Shiro the first time around. Their impact on the world was fighting Shiro. Shiro is the legend, they're just a part of Shiro's story.

Similar observations apply to Talon. His currently unnamed descendant who founded the Domonion of Winds might have legs, though.

If the silhouette is Rev, though, it's a bit spiky for a tengu theme.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

Well, if it is like the Jormag's champion version of Ryland,  able to invoke 1200 radius storms with high damage and cc lightning, chill capabilities and some long range mobility between other interesting skills... He will be cool but also cold. The freezer 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Ertrak.9506 said:

Nah the thing is more like split between those who want GS and those who want ritualist with scepter or focus.

The second group is pending to understand that we already got the ritualist with PoF.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Nah the thing is more like split between those who want GS and those who want ritualist with scepter or focus.

The second group is pending to understand that we already got the ritualist with PoF.

That last sentence is so true. It might not have had the ritualist aesthetic they wanted, but Renegade is literally a ritualist e-spec. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Ulysses.2058 said:

That last sentence is so true. It might not have had the ritualist aesthetic they wanted, but Renegade is literally a ritualist e-spec. 

The thing people are asking for is exactly the aesthetic, tho. They want a thematical return of the ritualist, not a gameplay return with spirits.

And there are more gameplay choices which ritualist had which a ritualist elite spec could fill, it was quite a versatile class in GW1. For example, they could return the weapon spells by giving revenant spells which work similar like thief's venoms, or they could make a ritualist elite spec a ranged damage dealer with lightning attacks, which ritualist also had plenty of.

Renegade doesn't represent the ritualist thematic at all, even if it comes close to the spirit playstyle.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

53 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

The thing people are asking for is exactly the aesthetic, tho. They want a thematical return of the ritualist, not a gameplay return with spirits.

And there are more gameplay choices which ritualist had which a ritualist elite spec could fill, it was quite a versatile class in GW1. For example, they could return the weapon spells by giving revenant spells which work similar like thief's venoms, or they could make a ritualist elite spec a ranged damage dealer with lightning attacks, which ritualist also had plenty of.

Renegade doesn't represent the ritualist thematic at all, even if it comes close to the spirit playstyle.

Except that it does, just not the way you want. I don't like how berserker and spellbreaker are designed either but I wouldn't dare to say "we don't have an antimage spec".

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

50 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Except that it does, just not the way you want. I don't like how berserker and spellbreaker are designed either but I wouldn't dare to say "we don't have an antimage spec".

I think you ignored what is written in their post.  Kodama explicitly said "we want the aesthetic and possibly some of the other NON SPIRIT gameplay elements."  They also directly acknowledged that Renegade does fit the Spirit playstyle, but that it just isn't close thematically

The truth is there is plenty of Ritualist left to add to Rev that would not be redundant when taking Renegade into context

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

I think you ignored what is written in their post.  Kodama explicitly said "we want the aesthetic and possibly some of the other NON SPIRIT gameplay elements."  They also directly acknowledged that Renegade does fit the Spirit playstyle, but that it just isn't close aesthetically

The truth is there is plenty of Ritualist left to add to Rev that would not be redundant when taking Renegade into context

"Renegade doesn't represent the ritualist thematic at all"

"Except that it does"

I think you ignored that.

Edited by Telgum.6071
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

"Renegade doesn't represent the ritualist thematic at all"

"Except that it does"

I think you ignored that.

Def didn't ignore it, I just don't think "calling in Charr artillery bombardments through portals," "commands and orders," "guerrilla warfare," or "the color orange" are thematically Ritualist at all. 

You could say that "spirits" by itself are "thematically ritualist" i guess, but then that would be like saying "Casper the Friendly Ghost" is the same thematic as "The Conjuring"  ...Sure both deal with ghosts, but the overall theming and tone is completely different

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

If you want a ritualist, play renegade.

If you want to play the same ritualist than GW1, play GW1.

That's all, I see the debate about that pointless.

Asking for a similar aesthetic surely is not pointless.  Individuals have individual tastes.  Anet will ultimately do what Anet wants to do regardless

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Asking for a similar aesthetic surely is not pointless.  Individuals have individual tastes.  Anet will ultimately do what Anet wants to do regardless

You expect a new elite spec just to satisfy some people's needs for a specific aesthetic? Seriously? We already got some of it with the Renegade. That's the point. We don't need a similar specialization for the SAME CLASS just so people can get a feel of nostalgia.

Edited by Tchaikovsky.5382
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tchaikovsky.5382 said:

You expect a new elite spec just to satisfy some people's need for a specific aesthetic? Seriously? We already got some of it with the Renegade. That's the point. We don't need a similar specialization for the SAME CLASS just so people can get a feel of nostalgia.

Aesthetic has nothing to do with playstyle or mechanics.  We did get SOME of it with Renegade, but not all or even most of it.  The majority of the aesthetic is still missing. 

Nothing about a new "Ritualist" spec has to be similar to Renegade.  To put it in context, ONLY 24 of 112 Ritualist skills in GW1 actually summon spirits.  There's plenty of design room left to have a completely unique spec that isn't just "Renegade 2.0."  The aesthetic and visuals alone are extremely different than Renegade already

• Thanks 1