Possibly the new Rev Silhouette

Raknar.4735

On 8/28/2021 at 7:50 PM, Kalythsu.8350 said:

summoner rev! with perma ghost pet! ❤️

Careful, I've been told I'm wrong for wanting that, because a passive, permanent army of pets (or in this case just one) is way too similar to a temporary, stationary, ground target ability. Apparently a well-like set of abilities is the same as minions following you around, and (hopefully) only be summoned once. 

• Confused 4

7 hours ago, Klowdy.3126 said:

Careful, I've been told I'm wrong for wanting that, because a passive, permanent army of pets (or in this case just one) is way too similar to a temporary, stationary, ground target ability. Apparently a well-like set of abilities is the same as minions following you around, and (hopefully) only be summoned once. 

It is not about "similarity" or things, but something much more basic:

1. already have a minion class/playstyle => necro

2. minnions are either OP or useless => depending on balance the legend becomes useless

3. rev lifes by "switching builds" in form of switching legends => only "half a minnion build"

Tldr: Play necro, rev doesn't work as minnion master.

• Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Klowdy.3126 said:

interesting im actually expecting that to be the new ranger spec with hammer, transmog ur pet to some beast lol..

Edited by Aeolus.3615

11 hours ago, Klowdy.3126 said:

No, you've been told that we already have an AI spec and we don't want another.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

interesting im actually expecting that to be the new ranger spec with hammer, transmog ur pet to some beast lol..

Interestingly enough there seems to be a bug with Engineers after the last patch, apparently if you right click a Holo's F4 a pet name change box pops up.  It's leading to a lot of speculation that Engi is getting a perma pet (probably golem).

Sorry know this is the Rev forum but seems on point.

4 hours ago, Brunnsteinangel.2568 said:

2. minnions are either OP or useless => depending on balance the legend becomes useless

3. rev lifes by "switching builds" in form of switching legends => only "half a minnion build"

Well see this I can understand. This isn't what has been said to me when I brought it up. I do understand we have a minion class. I was just suggesting using those assets on a different class. 

What I though was make the F skills the minions, and just base your other legend based on what you want to do. I proposed the minions be defensive in nature, doing less damage than necro, but there for support. Reusing the F skills would sacrifice the minions for boons/conditions/condi cleanse (some leaving an area on the ground, and others just hitting an area, or even becoming stationary and inactive for a moment to pulse). The other skills could be a mix of attacks from 1 or all of the minions, and support/defense. All this coupled with a defensive GS (not exactly what I want from rev GS, but was just posting all of this originally with the idea of using things differently).

1 hour ago, GrayHawk.7560 said:

Interestingly enough there seems to be a bug with Engineers after the last patch, apparently if you right click a Holo's F4 a pet name change box pops up.  It's leading to a lot of speculation that Engi is getting a perma pet (probably golem).

Sorry know this is the Rev forum but seems on point.

Dang, that's gonna rile up the engineer community. Pretty sure that's the last thing they want.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, genjonah.1253 said:

I expect this image to be Rev. I have no idea what the legend or lore to go with it is going to be. But I really hope that it’s a mid-long range weapon similar to Mesmer. Rev has good melee options already. Please, differentiate GS use for Rev from warrior and guardian

I rather have other weapon in such case.. melee cleave weapon is needed cuz sword to this day has weird undecided desing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, genjonah.1253 said:

I expect this image to be Rev. I have no idea what the legend or lore to go with it is going to be. But I really hope that it’s a mid-long range weapon similar to Mesmer. Rev has good melee options already. Please, differentiate GS use for Rev from warrior and guardian

I think that main difference would be condition-GS aka first natural condi-GS ever 😄

They aren’t very big chance that Arena would destroy Mesmer’s unique GS style.

16 hours ago, Brunnsteinangel.2568 said:

Isn't the whole point of e-specs so they can duel class or mixing playstyles in a way that is easier for the developers to manage?

Renegade is basically spirit Ranger
Reaper is basically power warrior
etc
You can look at any e-spec and tie it in to another class.

I'm not really into the minion rev idea, but your argument is against the very idea behind having e-specs to begin with.

20 hours ago, Loules.8601 said:

I think that main difference would be condition-GS aka first natural condi-GS ever 😄

They aren’t very big chance that Arena would destroy Mesmer’s unique GS style.

Mesmer's signature is the laser, I would expect something closer to old guardain satff for rev, cone based autos, and mixed ranges.

20 hours ago, Acheron.4576 said:

Isn't the whole point of e-specs so they can duel class or mixing playstyles in a way that is easier for the developers to manage?

Renegade is basically spirit Ranger
Reaper is basically power warrior
etc
You can look at any e-spec and tie it in to another class.

I'm not really into the minion rev idea, but your argument is against the very idea behind having e-specs to begin with.

Ranger spirits are closer to banners that can be killed, while renegade spirits are wells that can be killed. I don't see much similarity, outside of the shortbow.

And yes, the whole idea behind elite specs is introducing different playstyles. The problem is not so much that necro exists (though when you ask specifically for a GS-wielding minion spec, it's way too close to Reaper even for elite specs), but that we just got an AI focused e-spec, and it's understandable why people  don't want to see a second one in a row. Plus, this is revenant, it's not like people picked the class up because of its summons, in fact it was the only class without summons other than warrior

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, SLOTH.5231 said:

If it is greatsword I guess the next question is will it be power or condi focused??

If Revenant indeed gets a Greatsword, it better be a condition-based one.

All other Greatswords already are power-based weapons, so Arenanet ought to give it a different spin.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Fueki.4753 said:

If Revenant indeed gets a Greatsword, it better be a condition-based one.

All other Greatswords already are power-based weapons, so Arenanet ought to give it a different spin.

I’m with you on that one. Greatsword and short bow would be an amazing combo for rev if condi spec. 

• Confused 4

47 minutes ago, genjonah.1253 said:

I wouldn’t mind if you wielded it like Balthazar does, floating around you with hand motions and stuff. Differentiate from war and guard

That'd make for a fine mid-range weapon.

And all that Burning would make for a nice condition-based specialization.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

So do guys think that the icon for this spec is the "Flame" one with the diamond? 

I still think that the Revenant-looking eye with the mandibles is the icon for the new Revenant specialization.

I think the "flame" with the "diamond" shape is for Elementalist.

So far, the icons for Elementalist and its specializations were depicting one element:

Core Elementalist is a flame.

Tempest is a whirlwind from above.

Weaver is two intertwining streams of water.

I wouldn't be surprised if said "flame" above the "diamond" shape is actually a spiked rock formation.

Edited by Fueki.4753