Possibly the new Rev Silhouette

Raknar.4735

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

That'd make for a fine mid-range weapon.

And all that Burning would make for a nice condition-based specialization.

It'll be Grieving at most - Anet themselves admitted that rev is lacking a pDPS spec and so this upcoming reveal is likely going to show that gs is filling that niche we need.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I still think that the Revenant-looking eye with the mandibles is the icon for the new Revenant specialization.

I think the "flame" with the "diamond" shape is for Elementalist.

So far, the icons for Elementalist and its specializations were depicting one element:

Core Elementalist is a flame.

Tempest is a whirlwind from above.

Weaver is two intertwining streams of water.

I wouldn't be surprised if said "flame" above the "diamond" shape is actually a spiked rock formation.

With the speculations of the Rev Legend being associated with the Foefire, idk, it makes sense. But we'll see. 

21 minutes ago, GrayHawk.7560 said:

Not disagreeing but keen to read it again, which patch notes were these?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/game-update-notes-may-11-2021/

"We’re improving the strike damage of the Renegade’s Kalla’s Fervor effect by changing it from a ferocity bonus to a bonus to all damage dealt. This change will allow Renegade power builds to be more viable for general play in open-world and mission contexts, although it is unlikely to create a Renegade power build for high-end PvE content."

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chaos.7614 said:

"We’re improving the strike damage of the Renegade’s Kalla’s Fervor effect by changing it from a ferocity bonus to a bonus to all damage dealt. This change will allow Renegade power builds to be more viable for general play in open-world and mission contexts, although it is unlikely to create a Renegade power build for high-end PvE content."

Aaaand?... 😄
They can simply buff pDPS Herald or don't do anything  - there is no info about pDPS GS at all

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

27 minutes ago, Chaos.7614 said:

Much appreciated 

4 minutes ago, Loules.8601 said:

Aaaand?... 😄
They can simply buff pDPS Herald or don't do anything  - there is no info about pDPS GS at all

Why would they want to buff pDPS for the clear support-oriented spec when they can make a pure pDPS spec that rev mains have been asking for after the release of renegade? Seems clear to me that if they acknowledge that renegade has no power option for harder PvE content that they're releasing a pDPS spec for EoD.

• Like 5

Them buffing Power Renegade is no indicator that the new specialization will be power-based.

For all we know, they could have buffed Power Renegade because the next specialization would not be power based, so they can have Renegade fill the hole.

But it's likely that we will have the options for both conditions and power, like with Willbender, Virtuoso and Harmbinger.

A hybrid Greatsword would still be better/more interesting than a pure power one, like every other Greatsword already is.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 6

33 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

For all we know, they could have buffed Power Renegade because the next specialization would not be power based, so they can have Renegade fill the hole.

This makes absolutely no sense. They even said it's unlikely to be used on high-end PvE content.

Edited by Tchaikovsky.5382
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, montecristo.1324 said:

I read a lot about GS, isn't rev supposed to get focus?

Also to me the image is crearli wielding a focus and with he fact that probably it will be something like rev it make more sense.

Now we got spirits with renegade, maybe we get some kind of spirit weapons like gw1? 

ANet has already released the Rev elite image with the greatsword? Not 100% confirmed to be Rwv but it's essentially guaranteed... plus there was a weapon leak... so?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, montecristo.1324 said:

I read a lot about GS, isn't rev supposed to get focus?

Also to me the image is crearli wielding a focus and with he fact that probably it will be something like rev it make more sense.

Now we got spirits with renegade, maybe we get some kind of spirit weapons like gw1?

There's a red--and-blue silhouette wielding a yellow spiked greatsword, so people speculate that's going to be Revenant.

But there is no confirmation on that silhouette actually being Revenant, so it might as well be Thief, Elementalist or Engineer.

Also, the mandibles on the Revenant-looking icon don't look like a focus to me.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

34 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

But there is no confirmation on that silhouette actually being Revenant, so it might as well be Thief, Elementalist or Engineer.

Engi is out, it has charr as silhouette for specs.

Tbh the silhouette with the gs looks thin to me, sylvari are thinner than humans. And revenant has sylvari as silhouette for the specs, that pretty much confirms it for me to be Revenant tbh. 

However i think its not engi bc it has charr for both scrapper and holo. The race - profession things turned out quite accurate with the other already official e specs.

12 minutes ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Engi is out, it has charr as silhouette for specs.

Tbh the silhouette with the gs looks thin to me, sylvari are thinner than humans. And revenant has sylvari as silhouette for the specs, that pretty much confirms it for me to be Revenant tbh. 

However i think its not engi bc it has charr for both scrapper and holo. The race - profession things turned out quite accurate with the other already official e specs.

Correct. For some reason rev with arts is represented with salad instead of a charr.

51 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

There's a red--and-blue silhouette wielding a yellow spiked greatsword, so people speculate that's going to be Revenant.

Also, the mandibles on the Revenant-looking icon don't look like a focus to me.

Engi is male charr, ele is female human/norn. That leaves only rev (male sylvari) or thief (male human), since guardian is already out.

Then looking at the teaser itself, it wears a blindfold, the armour looks heavy-like, and the weapon matches the datamined one.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RabbitUp.8294 said:

Engi is male charr, ele is female human/norn. That leaves only rev (male sylvari) or thief (male human), since guardian is already out.

Then looking at the teaser itself, it wears a blindfold, the armour looks heavy-like, and the weapon matches the datamined one.

All this plus the red and blue matching Rev's weapon tool tip colours and you know the whole slamming sword into the ground a-la Rytlock and the whole foe fire / mist flame/energy thing.... very unlikely it's going to not be Rev...

4 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Why would they buff the power of a support spec...?

Because while it's underrated, regeneration, fury, swiftness, protection, and a little bit of might aren't generally what people look for when it comes to support. Herald will probably never be top DPS, but it currently sits around 30K, so it would probably be fair for it to be buffed up to around the DPS a banner warrior can achieve, maybe even a little higher. Still leaves room for a ~40K power DPS build, though.

Edited by draxynnic.3719
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

so it would probably be fair for it to be buffed up to around the DPS a banner warrior

Again, why? Herald has a single trait bringing actual damage and it actually goes against using the active facets, so no burst of strenght or elemental blast. Banner warrior is exactly the opposite, the whole build is about offensive boons and damage, even the whole Berserker spec is full damage.

Herald is nothing like that, claiming that its damage should be buffed is not only asking for changes or nerfs on WvW/PvP where it shines, but is also claiming that specs like Druid should be buffed because they bring very little DPS. If any, Herald should be buffed on its support side, buy how without making it overpowered?

You don't have Herald support as meta because the other supports are broken, see Druid with its healing + 25 Might full squad, or Firebrand with its aegis+stability+quickness+regeneration+healing.

Edited by Telgum.6071
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Again, why? Herald has a single trait bringing actual damage and it actually goes against using the active facets, so no burst of strenght or elemental blast. Banner warrior is exactly the opposite, the whole build is about offensive boons and damage, even the whole Berserker spec is full damage.

Herald is nothing like that, claiming that its damage should be buffed is not only asking for changes or nerfs on WvW/PvP where it shines, but is also like claiming that Druid's damage should be buffed. If any, Herald should be buffed on its support side, buy how without making it overpowered?

You don't have Herald support as meta because the other supports are broken, see Druid with its healing + 25 Might full squad, or Firebrand with its aegis+stability+quickness+regeneration+healing.

Numerical splits between PvE and competitive are a thing, you know.

Herald is probably never going to be a raid healer. The buffs needed to bring it to ren's level when it comes to party healing I just don't see happening. The boons it offers just aren't unique either. Supports to justify themselves really need at least two of quickness, alac, strong healing, strong unique buffs like spirits, maximum Might, or the ability to deal with mechanics. Herald offers none* of those unless you're hand kiting.

MightyTeapot makes a valid point about herald being valuable for making sure there aren't gaps in the uptimes of the basic boons it does bring, but this still leaves it as essentially a DPS build that provides a little bit of support - like banner warrior. But it's in the same DPS ballpark as things like quickbrand, alacrigade, quickness chrono, and quickness scrapper. I just don't think it provides that level of support, nor do I think it will without a big rework. A roughly 10% boost in PvE damage seems more feasible to me. Maybe just double Reinforced Potency's damage boost in PvE.

*Shiro's lifesteal aura on F2. But that's similar to Kalla's elite.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Again, why? Herald has a single trait bringing actual damage

2 traits and a damage buff on Burst of Strength

And it actually goes against using the active facets, so no burst of strenght or elemental blast. Banner warrior is exactly the opposite, the whole build is about offensive boons and damage, even the whole Berserker spec is full damage.

Herald is nothing like that, claiming that its damage should be buffed is not only asking for changes or nerfs on WvW/PvP where it shines, but is also claiming that specs like Druid should be buffed because they bring very little DPS. If any, Herald should be buffed on its support side, buy how without making it overpowered?

The easy and best solution is to rework Shining Aspects into a damage trait that interacts with "using facets actively."  Shining Aspects is trash in all modes and wouldn't be missed.  Turning it into a damage trait would then force you to choose between the support or dps aspects of Herald, which would allow both to be buffed simultaneously without directly affecting each other.  Ideally you could see a lower damage 25 might (healer or diviner) build and a higher damage 34kish Reaper-level damage build with considerably less boon support

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Numerical splits between PvE and competitive are a thing, you know.

Herald is probably never going to be a raid healer. The buffs needed to bring it to ren's level when it comes to party healing I just don't see happening. The boons it offers just aren't unique either. Supports to justify themselves really need at least two of quickness, alac, strong healing, strong unique buffs like spirits, maximum Might, or the ability to deal with mechanics. Herald offers none* of those unless you're hand kiting.

MightyTeapot makes a valid point about herald being valuable for making sure there aren't gaps in the uptimes of the basic boons it does bring, but this still leaves it as essentially a DPS build that provides a little bit of support - like banner warrior. But it's in the same DPS ballpark as things like quickbrand, alacrigade, quickness chrono, and quickness scrapper. I just don't think it provides that level of support, nor do I think it will without a big rework. A roughly 10% boost in PvE damage seems more feasible to me. Maybe just double Reinforced Potency's damage boost in PvE.

*Shiro's lifesteal aura on F2. But that's similar to Kalla's elite.

On that I agree with you, but to me the problem of lacking utilities is on the other support legend, Ventari, since Revenant is highly dependant of two legends but Ventari sucks (compared to other healer's jobs) outside HK and bubble job. I don't think Herald facets are bad despite not having any unique boon, again is most likely useless to have a class with permanent might uptime when you can have a healer that also puts 25 might on a full squad, but that isn't Herald's fault, is Druid being overpowered.

Edited by Telgum.6071
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1