Possibly the new Rev Silhouette

Raknar.4735

6 minutes ago, GeneralBM.5781 said:

blue throws me off a little, but the rest screams Rev to my monke brain.

It absolutely is. I doubt ANET leaked the weapons on purpose just to throw people off or something like that. Now we just need to see how it plays.

Edited by Tchaikovsky.5382

On 8/26/2021 at 1:16 PM, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

That's it, we already have one boring melee weapon, we don't need a second one.

Let's have some imagination, don't restrain ourself to mimic warrior GS or guardian GS.
Revenant has a melee staff and a long range hammer.
We must have something else than power melee cleave GS, just like other professions.

we already have a boring range weapon called hammer, we dont need a second one....

See what i did here? :P

it will be close and med range, similiar'ish to the one ryland used where we saw the concept probably for WB.

Heavy cleave.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GeneralBM.5781 said:

New Anet Tweet about next silhouette:

I'm curious if this silhouette is meant to be the Rev pulling the GS from the Mists or just plunging it in.

If it's the former, I'm hyped bc that means more pronounced Mist interactions with weapons, especially since that's what made Kalla shortbow at least visually cool

38 minutes ago, InsaneQR.7412 said:

Betting on melee condi GS with Kanaxai Legend. Would fit the horned theme and the big kitten cleaver.

At best will be Hybrid power with a heavy condi stack atack, but that blue soul enegy.. kinda reminds the energy shiro released when vizu  strked...

Soul, Mists, Burn, Factions, cant find some 1 that easy related to that, besides togo... and btw those are togo clotles colots...but would have to search important luxons as well or even Talon.

EDIT: talon also makes theme with it, they were guarding the celestials??

I bet Kanaxai will be some dope boss later on a raid.

BTW can u guys imagine if was a Grawl???

Edited by Aeolus.3615

Ima jump the guessing game and assume it's Kanaxai as well. Each of the Revenant E-Spec utilities focused on a particular theme and Kanaxai can easily follow it

• Herald with Facets
  • Renegade with... the Renegades
  • Kanaxai with Aspects

Legendary Nightmare Stance could be the plausible name and the Greatsword, as someone already pointed out, could just as well be Kanaxai's Edge over a more updated iteration. The only problem with this is Kanaxai, so far at least, doesn't have any direct connection to the Mists, where Revenants invoke most of their abilities from so they'd need to cover that somehow in EoD to better give us an idea how Kanaxai can be invoked by Revenants if this is the actual Legendary being we're looking into. 

This is just a wild guess though so it could still be up for grabs on whoever the legendary character is we're looking into. Could even be a Legendary Tengu lel

Edited by ChronoPinoyX.7923

16 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

The only problem with this is Kanaxai, so far at least, doesn't have any direct connection to the Mists, where Revenants invoke most of their abilities from so they'd need to cover that somehow in EoD to better give us an idea how Kanaxai can be invoked by Revenants if this is the actual Legendary being we're looking into.

Not exactly.

Kanaxai was/is a demon.
And demons come from the  Mists.
Best example is Razah.

So, it would be very easy to invoke Kanaxai from the Mists, it's where he came from.

5 minutes ago, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

Not exactly.

Kanaxai was/is a demon.
And demons come from the  Mists.
Best example is Razah.

So, it would be very easy to invoke Kanaxai from the Mists, it's where he came from.

Kanaxai was never stated in any text to come from the Mist, he's the one anomaly out of all the Nightmare creatures because of this, so he's not from the Mists, at least for now. 

It's the one plothole ANet never covered post Factions. Most people just assumed he's from the Mists because his group is named Nightmare Horde. Whether they're actually related to the Nightmares themselves isn't even covered by ANet at the moment. 

Edited by ChronoPinoyX.7923
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

Kanaxai was never stated in any text to come from the Mist, he's the one anomaly out of all the Nightmare creatures because of this, so he's not from the Mists. 

Meanwhile i belive the celestials ahd something to do with the mists.. OK im betting on Togo or Talon Silverwing, also that sword looks very   Tengu for me.

3 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

Kanaxai was never stated in any text to come from the Mist, he's the one anomaly out of all the Nightmare creatures because of this, so he's not from the Mists. 

Again
Kanaxai is a Demon

Guild Wars Lore says Demons come from The Mists.

So Kanaxai must come from The Mists.
That's all.

Kanaxai -> Demon -> Mists.

"Demons are more than creatures of the Mists—they are made from the Mists themselves"

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

Again
Kanaxai is a Demon

That's all.

"Demons are more than creatures of the Mists—they are made from the Mists themselves"

Directly taken from the original Guild Wars Wiki

Trivia

• Unlike other demons, Kanaxai and the Nightmare Horde have no currently known connections to the Mists.
  • This NPC has a miniature version.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

Again
Kanaxai is a Demon

That's all.

Kanaxai is my 2nd bet ( and togo my 3rd since why m8 meet togo soul echo from the past or something lol)

Altough those colors doesnt fit well with kanaxai the sword looks like a much better version of the gw1 one.... but still looks very tengu look >_> to me...

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Kanaxai's_Edge#/media/File:Kanaxai's_Edge.jpg

Edited by Aeolus.3615

9 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

Unlike other demons, Kanaxai and the Nightmare Horde have no currently known connections to the Mists.

Unsourced edit of the wiki.
Previously the wiki said : "Kanaxai and his demons are currently the only demons in the game that are not openly related to Abaddon, Menzies or Dhuum"
Someone edited the sentence to turn it to "no currently known" without any source to do so.

What we know from Prophecies and Nightfall "in the text" is the fact that demons come from the Mist.

Imho, this sentence from the wiki should be remove.

1 hour ago, GeneralBM.5781 said:

That might be the colour of the legend too, similar to how visuals of Shiro's abilities are predominantly green (as well as player's hands have a green glow when channeling him), Glint's are blue and so on.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

Unsourced edit of the wiki.
Previously the wiki said : "Kanaxai and his demons are currently the only demons in the game that are not openly related to Abaddon, Menzies or Dhuum"
Someone edited the sentence to turn it to "no currently known" without any source to do so.

What we know from Prophecies and Nightfall "in the text" is the fact that demons come from the Mist.

Imho, this sentence from the wiki should be remove.

Just gonna add this for context: The Oni are known to have some potential connection to the Mists via the original manuscript for Factions

There are some who say that the demonic, savage Oni originate in the Mists, others from someplace even more distant, dark, and cut off from the world of sanity. They are killers from beyond, appearing from nowhere to butcher their victims, for what reason no one knows. Whatever their purpose or origin, the Oni are among the most deadly things on two legs in Cantha.

However the Luxon Mythos behind the Oni is that they didn't originate from the Mists but rather they're transformed Luxon Reavers who delved far below the Jade Sea and eventually reached The Deep and were driven insane and eventually transformed (statement made by Dauv Merishahl, which is in-game right now) by Kanaxai's influence (hence the someplace even more distant, dark and cut off~ statement in the manuscript). No sources thus far anywhere in original GW1 game or in the manuscripts ever stated Kanaxai linked Kanaxai to the Mists. If anything, he could have been transformed by the Jade Wind a la Warden style but even more twisted being buried under all that jade. 

We can wait till official comments from ANet about this plot hole but we can both agree, Kanaxai should defo be the potential E-Spec candidate here.

9 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

Just gonna add this for context: The Oni are known to have some potential connection to the Mists via the original manuscript for Factions

There are some who say that the demonic, savage Oni originate in the Mists, others from someplace even more distant, dark, and cut off from the world of sanity. They are killers from beyond, appearing from nowhere to butcher their victims, for what reason no one knows. Whatever their purpose or origin, the Oni are among the most deadly things on two legs in Cantha.

However the Luxon Mythos behind the Oni is that they didn't originate from the Mists but rather they're transformed Luxon Reavers who delved far below the Jade Sea and eventually reached The Deep and were driven insane and eventually transformed (statement made by Dauv Merishahl, which is in-game right now) by Kanaxai's influence (hence the someplace even more distant, dark and cut off~ statement in the manuscript). No sources thus far anywhere in original GW1 game or in the manuscripts ever stated Kanaxai linked Kanaxai to the Mists. If anything, he could have been transformed by the Jade Wind a la Warden style but even more twisted being buried under all that jade. 

We can wait till official comments from ANet about this plot hole but we can both agree, Kanaxai should defo be the potential E-Spec candidate here.

The biggest thing against the Oni is that Oni essentially means Demon and we already have a Demon Stance.... (I'm referring to the name of the stance not the mechanics/skills)

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, GrayHawk.7560 said:

The biggest thing against the Oni is that Oni essentially means Demon and we already have a Demon Stance.... (I'm referring to the name of the stance not the mechanics/skills)

Oni skin could have been rework to more match the ogre japan style.

Si the Stance could be call Ogre stance.

That's would fit with the kind of brutish, heavy power clive melee GS some people want.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Legion.4198 said:

One possibility is that it could be an Envoy. Besides Shiro himself, we know 4 of them (although we don't know their backstories):

Courier Torivos

Emissary Heleyne

Herald Demrikov

Messenger Vetaura

Demrikow is the only one using a GS.
https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/c/cc/Demrikov_concept_art.jpg

I don't think, his design looks like the art.

Looking at the newly released silhouette I get Adelbern/Foefire vibes due to the ground effect.

I doubt it is that, since Adelbern isn't canthan and he's a human. Either way, really interested in the legend now (still on team Leviathan, even though it is less likely now!).

Edit: The greatsword hilt looks very "norn/kodan" to me.

Edited by Raknar.4735