Sorry we want land spears. Don't know what is focus.

medivh.4725

To be honest, I am all for land spears. It is one of the most iconic weapons in human history. It seems so weird that they are not present in this game. On the other hand, it won't bother me much if they don't show up in EoD. I strongly suspect that the devs already have a lot on their plate in terms of getting EoD ready for release.

• Like 4

Personally, I think it'd be hilarious to be able to use underwater weapons on land (and vice versa). The pitchfork skin we have is totally wasted on trident as currently implemented. Want to shoot Moa with a speargun? Yeet actual spears at bandits? Take a hammer to a shark's face? Imagine.

Going back and filling in the missing weapons in countless sets, creating and balancing land/water skills for affected weapons, giving a much-needed tune-up to water combat for various classes and specs? Ahh. Lots of work, but I'd enjoy it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Not to mention all the BL weapon collections and achievements that would suddenly be incomplete...it would be a salt mine for completionists and fashionistas...😉

>90% of BL sets are incomplete considering most of sets does not have underwater weapons (16 skins instead of 19). 

• Confused 1

On 9/4/2021 at 2:01 PM, BlueJin.4127 said:

Also, no, you rarely see a "spear" in modern warfare. Might have something to do with our ancestors really being a rarity on today's battlefields. 😄

well tyria isnt exactly modern now is it. I dont get the resistance in GW there were paragons, they used shield and spear. I was really hoping for warrior to get it.  There is a precedent for it after all.

Edited by Zuldari.3940
  • Confused 1

On 9/6/2021 at 6:35 AM, Zuldari.3940 said:

well tyria isnt exactly modern now is it. I dont get the resistance in GW there were paragons, they used shield and spear. I was really hoping for warrior to get it.  There is a precedent for it after all.

Well I mean... Tyria has teleporters... Sooo Tyria may actually be way ahead of us. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, nopoet.2960 said:

Wouldn't they have to create new animations if they added spears on land?  I'm not sure Anet is willing to do that.

As much as i want spears on land, the only way its going to happen is if we get staffs that function as spears(we have skins for it. Lets use em.).

So yes new animations, but they already do that for new elite specs anyways.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

In some cases, perhaps.

Well, expanded out into fantasy, yes. They're not all shamanic items in the game.

It just seemed the OP thought ANet had pulled the idea of a focus out of nowhere. There are real world magical examples was the point.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 6:31 PM, Algreg.3629 said:

you think the spear is already in game and it just needs to be "allowed" on land, just like that? You are not exactly "computer savy" are you?

Also, no, you rarely see a "focus" in modern warfare. Might have something to do with mages really being a rarity on today´s battlefields.

Their goes my dream of being a warmage 😞 /s

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

Their goes my dream of being a warmage 😞 /s

I mean this isnt reality right? Spears have always been used in war and hunting. Yeah some tribes spearfish but most spears were always land based. When gun came into fashion they added bayonets as a alternative to spears. I just want spears to throw and thrust at my enemies, any spear will do, just not brittany spears. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SLOTH.5231 said:

They had this in GW1 it was called a Paragon it’s a shame it didn’t roll over here. 

Alot of folks werent happy their favorite class didnt get rolled over. Im more sad i cant use any weapon i want, but its a different game, not everything can come over theres Still no replacement for Ritualist, monk, or dervish either. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 9:58 PM, Batel.9206 said:

"We" want land spears? Who's "we"?

OP and myself, if no-one else.

It'd be pretty silly of me to say "no, I certainly do not want more weapons".

IMO - kind of a waste that poor spear, trident, and speargun have 5 awesome skills each that rarely see the light of day. The content is just sitting there, waiting to be used more.

All skills should work both underwater and above water (in some capacity). Including weapon skills. IMO.

(Maybe then people won't be so adverse to more underwater content and we can finally have underwater sPvP arenas :'D)

Edited by Aplethoraof.2643
  • Like 3

Spearmen/ lancer / dragoon ... Looks cool in some mmo like ff14... Implementing a spear weapon in gw2 might not be as bad as it may sound coz... The skins are already there... They just have to give spear to 4 classes(ranger, warrior, rev and thief if it suits thief theme of specialization) so 4 set of skill icons and their effects and character animations... But one can only hope.. spear would be an excellent midrange weapon ... Cleaves and conditions and some stylish gap closers or power combo attack like the lancer noble phantasm from fate stay night unlimited blade works

• Like 2