The possible dead of WvW.

Jon Snow.6780

50 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Where is a blog to update us on everything? sept 24 will be here in two weeks and they haven't updated information on the system from like two years ago.

It's probably not exactly what you wanted, but they were aiming to get the Alliances info blog out today.

Generally, I agree that they have been awful in the communication department, but there's been a huge shift lately so I'm trying to give them a chance.  Worst that can happen is I get disappointed again.

2 hours ago, LetoII.3782 said:

New World's big 3 action skillbar is refreshingly simple. During the beta I taught my cat to do the one possible combo and now shes top 10na

1 hour ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

This omg, 3 actives skills per weapon with a weapon swap to 2nd set......so 6 weapon skills and to add to the restriction the made them share cds on sec beta haha. The game will be dead in a few months when people get over the new and shiny phase and see it for the kitten it is. I got to lv 30 and it felt like a budget edo with less skills, way worse questing and far more grinding. Although the ambiance and life skills were pretty cool.

Here is an very interesting explanation why players like you might have issues with the combat system.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, schloumou.3982 said:

Here is an very interesting explanation why players like you might have issues with the combat system.

No I just prefer not to press the same few skills over and over regardless of how strategic the timing must be to be successful,6 active skills I'd boring asf and most people will be using a rifle in New world pvp soon enough. But I get ur logic thst because I prefer more variety of active skills, more rotational variety, and complex rotations that translates to me preferring to mash jump......I can see why 6 skills on a shared cd fits ur idea as complex just by ur post.

On 9/10/2021 at 1:58 AM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

You Know Nothing Jon Snow lol. 

A perfect response, thank you. Personally,  I was wondering if the OP actually even played WvW.  Currently, I'm in the match up that has Blackgate, Ferguson's Crossing, and Jade Quarry facing off against each other. Today I spent two hours, 7 am - 9 am Chicago time following one of the better commanders in that match up. 7 am, Sunday morning - and I sure didn't see any sign of a mass exodus from WvW. Quite the contrary. It was two hours of massive zerg vs zerg fighting on map after map. There were enough queues to break our zerg up repeatedly as we tried to map switch, though it was not as bad as other times in the last few weeks when I've seen 10+ queues on every single WvW map. I don't know what WvW the OP is playing but it's sure not the same one I am.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Says the guy snap shotting 2 hours of the week on the weekend, playing in T1 servers, that are linked while matches are running half the matches they use, cause ya know, it's the same for every server right down to the bottom tier having 10+ queues on every map! You're right it isn't the same wvw as you, cause it's different for every server, your server isn't the only measurement.

🙄

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Says the guy snap shotting 2 hours of the week on the weekend, playing in T1 servers, that are linked while matches are running half the matches they use, cause ya know, it's the same for every server right down to the bottom tier having 10+ queues on every map! You're right it isn't the same wvw as you, cause it's different for every server, your server isn't the only measurement.

🙄

You are right of course that I don't know what's happening on other servers. The OP said that it was the hardcore and semi-hardcore players who were leaving though. Surely there's a fair number of such players on the T1 servers so a mass exodus of them should show up there. And I didn't mean to snap shot two hours but just used that time today as the most recent example. I generally play WvW in both the mornings and evenings Chicago time and haven't seen any noticeable exodus of hardcore players from our current or our previous matchup.  What is happening on other servers? Are people seeing a sudden exodus of players, hardcore or otherwise? 

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/10/2021 at 5:18 AM, Jon Snow.6780 said:

New World Beta is sucking in the hardcore/semi hardcore

New World is a game destined to fail, wait and see. My predictions are correct most of the time.

WvW on the other hand will see a revival in player population with Alliances, EoD and other things that haven't been revealed yet.

Edited by Touchme.1097
  • Like 2

I'm a WvW player since beta weekends and I'll be moving to New World.

Anet lost me a while ago, even though I still played their game, although much less than before in recent times.

Anet dropped the ball on WvW many years ago. It's too late now, at least for me.

I've played NW beta and simply wow, open world pvp, reminded me of the good old days of Cabal online. Crafting that's actually useful, pve that's not 2 hit kill on a npc etc...

And most of all, NO STEALTH! Oh what a joy it is fighting players you can actually see. Also hardly any condition damage.

So sorry Anet, no more dinero from me.

I'll come back if you make new ranger spec replace FB in zergs, so probably, never.

gl hf

Edited by hobotnicax.7918
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/10/2021 at 5:18 AM, Jon Snow.6780 said:

New World Beta is sucking in the hardcore/semi hardcore, playerdrop in WvW is significant. You better come with something good Anet, or it's over and out in WvW.

I played the NW Open Beta this weekend (and did not play WvW in GW2 this weekend) and I have to say the graphics of NW look nice (if you like north american landscape - because that is all there is) but after 2 days it became totally boring, so I stopped playing.

In the Open-World PvP, character level and gear are much more important than player skill (a character that is several levels above your own is nearly unkillable) and spying in open-world pvp group fights will be fun (or not - a spy can simply set himself to "no pvp" and can not be killed from enemy players/groups). And big PvP guilds will dominate the cities (they can set the taxes of crafting etc. of each city in PvE) and maps. etc. etc.

GW2 is more than 9 years old and has an old and outdated game/graphics engine and ignored WvW for years ... but in a lot of game mechanics/design topics GW2 still looks like a more modern game and seems to have a higher artistic quality - compared to NW.

My guess:  A lot more WoW and ESO players will switch to NW than GW2 players.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

My guess:  A lot more WoW and ESO players will switch to NW than GW2 players.

A lot of RPG players will try it, then shortly lose interest.

Variety is the spice of life, but the community hooks in an MMO...  for every person that can be content with such a emaciated skill bar, four of their friends will go back to what they used to play within a few weeks.

big 1 post account wisdom kekw. people sofar said, guildfights in the "nw" thingy are really bad ... so yeah.

gw2 hits it's own fast paced battle system with all the dps nerfs, but is still possible to fight. on many different skill-levels.

overall, for me the "nw" isn't appealing at all, alone the thematic with the colonial ages is cringe enough - posts like the one from this account should get deleted before it gets attention, sounds very fishy

On 9/13/2021 at 9:21 PM, patton the great.7126 said:

Ummm Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided- Legends Emulator already has the high ground on killing gw2 WvW. Legends will finish what SMEDLEY STARTED. PRAISE SOE!

If it's the same combat system, I don't think that would hold a lot of GW2 WvW players. As much as I loved that game, the combat was basically fast turn based and movement and positioning didn't really factor much beyond trying to run out of range. 

The two major reasons why I'll be playing New World when it drops:

1. Australian servers = phenomenal latency.

2. Actual OCX people to kill pixels with - I've been playing during the day to get my WvW fix because OCX prime is dead on my server. RIP IoJ.

I always come back to GW2 though, whether it's 2mos or 4yrs; it still remains my main game. If only NCsoft decided to invest in some strayan servers...

I personally might leave for New World and I do consider myself a semi strong player. But that is still only 1 person, do not think that is a representation of semi strong or even hardcore players in Gw2. Even though I personally like that it is that it is a new game where people are more keen to fight, where it does not require a week to set up fights, or people run away, gank fun new mechanics etc. 

The issue with Gw2 is probably because it is old, so people do not want to log in and just fight randomly.

When you blob fight in wvw, you have 1 side giving up after 1-2 fights, switching maps or ppting. So good fights requires ages to set up, and even when that is done, it is rarely equal, someone might be running condi firebrand etc.

In roaming, you have to reach all over to the other side to actually fight stuff, where they usually are 5+ and if they ever get to your side of the map, they are most like 4-5 players+. And when you finally find a good player that is not using stealth or running away, that is when you actually have fun. There also seem to be a direction of where people want this game to go

But alliances might improve that, seperating gankers, roamers ppters and blob fighters. a bit more to an extend where it might be fun to log in and does not require an entire guild with weeks of setup, and finding new players who can replace people whom can not that day etc. Hard to imagine that they could though

3 minutes ago, zengara.8301 said:

I personally might leave for New World and I do consider myself a semi strong player. But that is still only 1 person, do not think that is a representation of semi strong or even hardcore players in Gw2. Even though I personally like that it is that it is a new game where people are more keen to fight, where it does not require a week to set up fights, or people run away, gank fun new mechanics etc. 

The issue with Gw2 is probably because it is old, so people do not want to log in and just fight randomly.

When you blob fight in wvw, you have 1 side giving up after 1-2 fights, switching maps or ppting. So good fights requires ages to set up, and even when that is done, it is rarely equal, someone might be running condi firebrand etc.

In roaming, you have to reach all over to the other side to actually fight stuff, where they usually are 5+ and if they ever get to your side of the map, they are most like 4-5 players+. And when you finally find a good player that is not using stealth or running away, that is when you actually have fun. There also seem to be a direction of where people want this game to go

But alliances might improve that, seperating gankers, roamers ppters and blob fighters. a bit more to an extend where it might be fun to log in and does not require an entire guild with weeks of setup, and finding new players who can replace people whom can not that day etc. Hard to imagine that they could though

I feel like a lot of players who say they "just want to fight" and claim people are avoiding them are mostly the same bunch complaining about each other. If they're all searching the same lanes looking for "fights', then they're the ones running into each other and avoiding each other. I've been seeing even a lot of new players jumping into every scale fight lately even when they know they're not likely to win, I think your perspective is skewed by your need to make yourself sound hard. New World won't be an mmo like you might be expecting. I think it will be more of a dressed up Day Z or something like that and the early game rushers are going to lock in the population dynamic for the games life from the start.

In roaming, you don't have to travel that far, unless of course you and your two or eight roamers lurking around spawns and yak lanes trying to catch easy kills. I feel like WvW has been more lively and populated lately, you sure you're not actually avoiding stuff?

1 minute ago, kash.9213 said:

I feel like a lot of players who say they "just want to fight" and claim people are avoiding them are mostly the same bunch complaining about each other. If they're all searching the same lanes looking for "fights', then they're the ones running into each other and avoiding each other. I've been seeing even a lot of new players jumping into every scale fight lately even when they know they're not likely to win, I think your perspective is skewed by your need to make yourself sound hard. New World won't be an mmo like you might be expecting. I think it will be more of a dressed up Day Z or something like that and the early game rushers are going to lock in the population dynamic for the games life from the start.

In roaming, you don't have to travel that far, unless of course you and your two or eight roamers lurking around spawns and yak lanes trying to catch easy kills. I feel like WvW has been more lively and populated lately, you sure you're not actually avoiding stuff?

Genuinely just jumped into a 3v1 after I died from a 4v1 in hills- And now heading to north camp, not trying to sound "hard" 🤣And never skipped a 1v1 for years I think o.o But you seem to be a thief, so I do understand you commenting on this

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, zengara.8301 said:

Genuinely just jumped into a 3v1 after I died from a 4v1 in hills- And now heading to north camp, not trying to sound "hard" 🤣And never skipped a 1v1 for years I think o.o But you seem to be a thief, so I do understand you commenting on this

You can make little faces but it doesn't help you make any sense. You sound like you're actually finding enough stuff to do and people to run into in one comment, while complaining there's no one to fight in another. Maybe find another server with better matchups. If you only want small scale fights, why not play spvp?

Just now, kash.9213 said:

You can make little faces but it doesn't help you make any sense. You sound like you're actually finding enough stuff to do and people to run into in one comment, while complaining there's no one to fight in another. Maybe find another server with better matchups. If you only want small scale fights, why not play spvp?

It is just a weird comment you wrote. And I responded with people are clearly avoiding fights or running only 3-4 together which I explained happens right now in the game. I just met 2 running alone, they tried to run away, then 3 people north camp, 4 people south.

I do PvP, I am not super high. Between plat 1-2 on alt atm 2k AP, but capture the point is honestly a boring concept. And every server seem to be like this at the moment, there are people who genuinely want to log in and fight either big fights or small scale or maybe even 1v1, I know that, but it is in between a lot of what I consider boring hide behind walls kind of ideology stuff, or they are not facing the right people, it takes ages to put up. Again I fully understand people whom do not want to die all the time and risk it, and do other stuff. But this is just how I find the game entertaining

New World, as it stands from the last beta or whatever, isnt going to have more than a month or two at max of fun enjoyable content for people....beyond those who secure land maybe and in the core 50 pvpers for the alliance.

Outside of the one game mode there that offers a similair, somewhat, experience to GW2 with WvW....sorta....there really isnt anything worth doing in that game, other than hording mats/items.

GW2 on the other hands has a real game behind it with lots to do.  I didnt even touch WvW for my first 6 years (didnt feel like it) but im loving it now.

New World isnt going to have that GW2 style WvW with roaming zergs taking stuff all day flipping back and forth with roamers out capping small stuff....Its not a evolving game field.  There are scheduled 50 v 50 events and thats it.  Maybe open world pk'ing (which everyone always loves) between warring guilds will be the content most "enjoy" as the 50v50 is super restrictive (honestly how many people per server will realistically get daily pvp with this system?)

Yeah there will be a lot of people on break trying the new game out, but I cant see the longevity with it..  Its going to be years before Gw2 needs to worry about New World, and thats if Amazon sticks with it, theyve been quick to kill all their other game attempts btw....as they all seem to take the "throw money at it and it will be good" approach and all their games have lacked soul and a purpose other than checking boxes on a list of things people want in a game (if that makes sense)