New elite specialization: The Vindicator

Telgum.6071

• Telgum.6071 changed the title to New elite specialization: The Vindicator
3 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Mandatory Archy/Vik legends? No other legends possible?
I hope I misunderstand that. Seems highly limiting.

Considering what Anet said about the new specs about being widely different, I don't think it will be like that. I'll bet for some sort of dual legend + the remaining one. For example, being able to choose between Viktor or Archemorus and being able to swap between them without triggering the F1 CD, so you can have Viktor/Arch and Shiro, for example.

That's what I hope for, maybe it is just two new legends or what you just said. We will discover it this friday.

• Like 3

Looks like combination of some Reaper, Warrior, and Ranger greatsword abilities in the trailer. You can see the Reaper Gravedigger and Death Spiral animations and even Ranger Greatsword block animation after the Graverdigger ability.

Hard to tell which abilities are from legends or the weapon, but looks like we're getting everything we've been asking for: a mobile, high damage AoE weapon with some defense built in. Anyway to have a PvP build not have to be forced to use Staff is a win in my book.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Mandatory Archy/Vik legends? No other legends possible?
I hope I misunderstand that. Seems highly limiting.

I thought it would be Legend Swap inside Legend Swap. I mean:

F1 - normal swap between "Dual Legend Stance" and other stances - assasin, demon etc..

F2 - swap to Archemorus. If already using Archemorus stance and using this skill again you refresh your bong with the Legend and gain energy - something like Ancient Echo - but instead gaining a specific boon you summon the Legend itself to perform an attack at a enemy  (something like in trailer at 0:18). If attuned to other Legend - for example Shiro, then you summon Shiro to help you attack.

F3 - swap to Victor. If already using Victor stance then same as above, but instead of attacking it defends you. And if using other legend - for example Shiro you perform a dodge (since from what I understood ANet will remove normal dodge when using this Elite it won't be a problem to have dodge there)

And now let's go crazy a little cuz why not?

F4 - provide a boon to you and nearby allies depending on it what Legend you are currently using - Shiro quickness, Ventari alacrity, etc...

• Like 2

Well I hope someone answers that phone because...

On 9/7/2021 at 4:04 AM, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

A thought just occurred to me actually. Considering ANet has been saying they're breaking the usual rules with their E-Spec, there's a possibility this E-Spec doesn't have one but TWO Legends, however the catch is that they're the only Legends you can use and you can't equip others.

Legendary Luxon Archemorus
Legendary Kurzick Saint Viktor

Those are essentially your Legends but since you get two, the others get locked out in the process. Just a thought since I realised they use dark red and blue to potentially represent the Luxon and Kurzick alliances in the silhouette.

If this is the case, then each Legend could have a focus, one Power (Archemorus), the other Support (Viktor) and the elite skills for each legend corresponds with the effects of their relic item's effects from GW1 without the need for charging it.

Spear of Archemorus
Urn of Saint Viktor

I FREAKING CALLED IT! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think it is wise choose for ANET coz it has no background skill in gw wiki , mean you can create new thing with no need reference or compare issue.

as for mechanic. I just guess we have

F1 for only 2 shirt / pack A\V

and use

F2 Signature skill of Archemorus

F3 Signature skill of Vik

F4 ?? May be skill vary with legend or fix skill like renegade

thing I concern most is its trait. And utilities skill. Coz I expect these to be hard core combat . If it design with support option , then it might be like duck. ( can fly , swim . But not strong in each way).

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, AintGold.5128 said:

F1 - normal swap between "Dual Legend Stance" and other stances - assasin, demon etc..

F2 - swap to Archemorus. If already using Archemorus stance and using this skill again you refresh your bong with the Legend and gain energy - something like Ancient Echo - but instead gaining a specific boon you summon the Legend itself to perform an attack at a enemy  (something like in trailer at 0:18). If attuned to other Legend - for example Shiro, then you summon Shiro to help you attack.

F3 - swap to Victor. If already using Victor stance then same as above, but instead of attacking it defends you. And if using other legend - for example Shiro you perform a dodge (since from what I understood ANet will remove normal dodge when using this Elite it won't be a problem to have dodge there)

F4 - provide a boon to you and nearby allies depending on it what Legend you are currently using - Shiro quickness, Ventari alacrity, etc...

This is pretty much how I'm thinking it will work as well.

25 minutes ago, AintGold.5128 said:

I'm genuinely hoping this would be the case on the Legends. They called it the Legendary Alliance, so I'm assuming the stance would be called just that, the Legendary Alliance Stance where you channel both in tandem with one another.

With that in mind, you can also have a unique dialogue with Shiro's Legend on how he's forced to work alongside his destroyers of all people when invoking Assassin and Alliance Stances as your go to lel

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Thon.3780 said:

One more thing

not sure I see it correctly. 
I seem they have change mechanic.  You will some 3 white orb before tricker AOE attack, then orb gone.

I think that's resistance being applied when dodging backwards.

The spec looks functional buuuut... meh? I'll wait to see how it develops, but I don't think we'll get 2 legends, sadly (in the trailer they say "Legendary Alliance" so that could be the new stance). However, it would be cool if that stance allowed us to pick between different skills (i.e. we pick either Saint Victor or Archaemorus' heal, utilities and Elite) so that we can mix and match. The change to dodge is gonna feel weird, but we'll see how that works this Friday.

OW! But maybe we can summon both heroes' spirits while kicking kitten (as some have pointed out) with F2 and F3. That looked amazing!

Edited by Uete.3805