What are you looking forward to or think looks cool about Bladesworn?

oscuro.9720

14 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You're the one not seeing how an ally can help set up your spike. 

That, or I’ve seen SO many posts complaining about how you have to be stationary for 5 seconds in order to access Dragon Slash, completely disregarding the fact that you can just tap it.

I dunno, the forum is just packed with an inordinate amount of whining at the moment. People clamor for something different, but when we get that, complain incessantly about losing mechanics that we’ve been using for 9 years now (burst skills). It’s funny, because we have a similar spec to Bladesworn (the Holosmith) which has been wildly successful in the competitive scene since PoF released. 

I figure why not play the beta event next week? If something needs adjusting, give feedback on it. If a cooldown needs decreasing, give feedback on that. Anet has financial incentive to get these elite specs right. All of this crying is 100% premature and helps absolutely nothing. 

Edited by crewthief.8649
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Till people brigade to nerf it like the Arc divider multiple times actually , it is kinda weird it happened multiple times.

Anet gets to ask them then with a straight face how they are getting hit by a stationary warrior giving off an obvious tell.

Edit: I'm sure that you'll see the numbers normalized though, so that the tap damage is a little higher and the max charge is a little lower depending on how things go.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910

3 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

That, or I’ve seen SO many posts complaining about how you have to be stationary for 5 seconds in order to access the especs big payoff, completely disregarding the fact that you can just tap it.

I dunno, the forum is just packed with an inordinate amount of whining at the moment. People clamor for something different, but when we get that, complain incessantly about losing mechanics that we’ve been using for 9 years now (burst skills). It’s funny, because we have a similar spec to Bladesworn (the Holosmith) which has been wildly successful in the competitive scene since PoF released. 

I figure why not play the beta event next week? If something needs adjusting, give feedback on it. If a cooldown needs decreasing, give feedback on that. Anet has financial incentive to get these elite specs right. All of this crying is 100% premature and helps absolutely nothing. 

Holo is working cause it has the utility from engi, so it is a burst damage spec with great versatile core skills to build upon, warrior on other hand doesn't have that great utility skills, most of the power on warrior is concentrated on the weapon skill side of the UI, and we are at the 3rd spec that doesn't have strong utility.  

1 minute ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Holo is working cause it has the utility from engi, so it is a burst damage spec with great versatile core skills to build upon, warrior on other hand doesn't have that great utility skills, most of the power on warrior is concentrated on the weapon skill side of the UI, and we are at the 3rd spec that doesn't have strong utility.  

Okay, well you can complain and I will just wait and see.

Just now, Vancho.8750 said:

They didn't do that for Berserker, and it is a spec literally on fire screaming I'm gona hit you.

Yeah, but I think a big reason for the first nerf was because they rolled it out during a no downstate event and berserkers were instant defeating up to 10 people at a time. Had those people just gone into downstate they probably all could have rallied themselves and killed the berserker.

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah, but I think a big reason for the first nerf was because they rolled it out during a no downstate event and berserkers were instant defeating up to 10 people at a time. Had those people just gone into downstate they probably all could have rallied themselves and killed the berserker.

That was the rework time, what about the Dab Divider nerf before that?

Finally a Warrior focused around being calm and collected, which is an utter nightmareti fight against as they always make the rational move, than the typical mad berserker who runs on their own emotional state and is extremely easy to predeict and only an issue for people who easily get scared.

5 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Anet gets to ask them then with a straight face how they are getting hit by a stationary warrior giving off an obvious tell.

Edit: I'm sure that you'll see the numbers normalized though, so that the tap damage is a little higher and the max charge is a little lower depending on how things go.

I believe cal said the formula in competitive modes is different, so that it ramps up damage quicker at lower charges, and less extreme at high charges, which seems appropriate. Obv can’t tell until it’s tested, but half charges will probably be painful as well me thinks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

It opens the roaming option for warrior in SPVP and it might be even good option for WvW zergs and roaming, looks like it is something like Holo / Ranger roam builds where they are gankers that can also hold a sidenode in an emergency for while.

Not being great at sidenodes is not a bad thing it would leave the other 3 warrior options their niche.

The cleanse thing is probably so it doesn't end up like early POF Holo and force people to supplement their build with some defensive traits and skills (with the hope that those get the a touch up for the new century) and not plop all the damage traits and skills and just run over everything.

The spec is amazing all around for PVP as it is going in another role.     

Yeah that also was my first impression after some theorycrafting, it seems like it would be too hard to play for node when sidenoding with this spec. I think it's going to be best played as dps/roamer like engi and rev. You have way more aoe and in/out pressure than other warrior specs and barrier on ammo skills could be great self sustain in teamfights.

First thing I'll be trying is:
-Axe/Pistol (intel+energy sigils)
-Mending, Shake it off, For Great Justice, the new stunbreak, new elite
-Tactics 1-2-2
-Discipline 2-3-3
-Bladesworn flow on heal, barrier on ammo, dragon trigger reset
-Zerk amulet + fighter rune

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

I think I'm confused with regards to the blades cds. If the skills are all 24-30+ cds than is it gonna be a playsttle where u use ur blade skills than swap to ur standard weapons set to basically wait out the blades long cds, does the elite reset the blades cds?

I don't think it's as bad as you think, and the cooldown of dragon trigger seems low enough that you'll actually spend a decent amount of time in it. All the dragon slashes have 1s cooldown so unless I'm wrong you could slot the dragon trigger recharge grand master trait and chain a bunch of slashes until you run out of flow.

• Like 1

I like the idea of a unique warrior weapon, I like the skills and traits I saw. I like the themes and the Amber tech Lore on it. I think offhand pistol looks really cool. 

That said, I really wish we got mainhand pistol too. I really like having a ranged and melee option on every character amd warrior doesn't seem to offer that well with this spec.

• Like 2