Bladesworn Bug Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

2 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

hopefully this is just a tooltip thing left over from when it was still protection, because that 1 stack of stability is carrying Dragon Trigger rn. 

Oh is it 1 stack satb every 8s in PvP? That would explain why it's been so hard to interrupt the BS I've fought when in DT. I thought I was just getting super unlucky and that they just happened to have it off CD.

You're right, having that stab is carrying it. If they didn't have stability, I would destroy them in DT hard core.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Oh is it 1 stack satb every 8s in PvP? That would explain why it's been so hard to interrupt the BS I've fought when in DT. I thought I was just getting super unlucky and that they just happened to have it off CD.

You're right, having that stab is carrying it. If they didn't have stability, I would destroy them in DT hard core.

Aye, without that 1 stack, I would rarely get off a meaningful DT vs competent players.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of bugs I've noticed since trying out BS.

Sometimes your dragon trigger activates then immediately deactivates putting the skill on CD.

Another bug I've noticed the boost skill (skill 2) will sometimes leave me in place and I won't move and no I didn't have immobilize on me.

Lastly with burst precision if the wiki is to be believed "Every damage packet from burst skills will be a guaranteed critical hit, not just the first." my dragon triggers should always crit yet if I have weakness which happens tons in EoD I'll quite often get glancing blows.

Edited by Red Haired Savage.5430

16 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

A couple of bugs I've noticed since trying out BS.

Sometimes your dragon trigger activates then immediately deactivates putting the skill on CD.

Another bug I've noticed the boost skill (skill 2) will sometimes leave me in place and I won't move and no I didn't have immobilize on me.

Lastly with burst precision if the wiki is to be believed "Every damage packet from burst skills will be a guaranteed critical hit, not just the first." my dragon triggers should always crit yet if I have weakness which happens tons in EoD I'll quite often get glancing blows.

Weakness overrides the trait.

36 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Then the wiki probably needs updated.

No, its just the order of precedence. Things like Burst Precision, Fury, Spotter, Banner of Discipline, Sigil of Accuracy, and Stats all get applied first, then if weakness is on you that gets applied. It's the very nature of how the condition works.

Weakness - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)turns half of all hits into glancing blows (that deal 50% less damage)

Glancing - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)glancing blow or glancing hit, is a game mechanic that causes an attack to deal only 50% of regular damage and lose any critical damage

For it to be the opposite it would have to be Burst Precision getting a special rider that dictates that it overrides weakness.

What is cute is that weakness does not cause 50% of condition ticks to do 50% less damage 🙃

• 3 weeks later...

The double tap bug is one of the most annyoing bugs i keep having go off consistantly on Bladesworn, since you can not stow the weapon from a ammo skill discharge you will always waste 1 ammo skill on skill slot 2 or 3 due to this bug.

If skill 3 goes off, no problem it has no animation locks. However if skill 2 goes off, you are now locked into a 3/4 animation attack due to a bug wasting the skill and slowing you down making you vulnerable to attack. Part of this issue stems from the fact that the burst skills are part of the same bundle flipping over skill set but counting the key press as a press for both sets.
A simple 'fix' could be to allow the F2 to flip back to the last used weapon and not force a switch weapon to a rather janky weapon.

13 hours ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

The double tap bug is one of the most annyoing bugs i keep having go off consistantly on Bladesworn, since you can not stow the weapon from a ammo skill discharge you will always waste 1 ammo skill on skill slot 2 or 3 due to this bug.

If skill 3 goes off, no problem it has no animation locks. However if skill 2 goes off, you are now locked into a 3/4 animation attack due to a bug wasting the skill and slowing you down making you vulnerable to attack. Part of this issue stems from the fact that the burst skills are part of the same bundle flipping over skill set but counting the key press as a press for both sets.
A simple 'fix' could be to allow the F2 to flip back to the last used weapon and not force a switch weapon to a rather janky weapon.

I haven't had that happen on skill 2, but definitely on skill 3. It is really annoying.

On 9/21/2021 at 9:44 AM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

If something is obviously not working as intended–if skills and traits don’t work as expected from the descriptions or if they don’t interact with core traits as expected–let us know here!

If you want to share feedback on how the bladesworn plays, talk to us in the feedback thread!

Warrior's Dragon Slash-boost is bugged. Stops in the first target encountered, when is supposed to go all in a straight line 'til the finish of the animation. Impossible to hit multiple targets in the movement variation of this skill. Pls fix it.

28 minutes ago, kenshinsoul.3604 said:

Warrior's Dragon Slash-boost is bugged. Stops in the first target encountered, when is supposed to go all in a straight line 'til the finish of the animation. Impossible to hit multiple targets in the movement variation of this skill. Pls fix it.

This might be related to melee attack assist; make sure you have that option set to OFF.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dragon Slash ability to one shot bosses/npcs that are tied to phases in order to progress is bugged as hell.

This behavior is noticed, at least by me, in story mode instances.

So far I was able to bug at least 4 story mode fights (no progression possible) due to DS one shooting bosses/mobs

Instance - The world summit - One shooting the dragon when it's exposed may lead to bug (happened only once and was the first so I didn't care that much)

Instance - The mistery cave - One shooting the dragon while it's exposed, will lead to the flame smotherers beeing unkilable and the dragon to stuck in invun mode, no progression possible.

Not even needs to one shoot taking the boss health to less then 20% in one shot will bug it.

Instance - The Aetherblade retreat - Either one shooting Mai Trin or first mate (wich seem to be linked to 3 phases) will lead to the other bug in invuln state or in bombardment mode. No progression possible.

Instance - Earths and Minds - Last fight with Mord, one shooting any of the bligthed NPC will lead to Braham to get stuck  on rift opening and Mord in invuln state. No progression possible.

In short DS is so powerfull that breaks the game, nerf core engi please.

Edited by Blackthunder.8679

• 3 weeks later...

Bug - Overcharged Cartriges

Totally broken as it is.

Detonate Chartrige resets the charge count on Overcharged Cartriges efectivlly making it a unlimited ammo, no cd, spamable ability.

It start working when you get interrupted, puting the ability on CD but even then it still broken, you can use Detonate Cartrige on the first ammo charge but when you use the second charge you no longer can use Detonate Cartrige.

7 hours ago, Blackthunder.8679 said:

Detonate Chartrige resets the charge count on Overcharged Cartriges efectivlly making it a unlimited ammo, no cd, spamable ability.

It start working when you get interrupted, puting the ability on CD but even then it still broken, you can use Detonate Cartrige on the first ammo charge but when you use the second charge you no longer can use Detonate Cartrige.

Bug - Overcharged Cartridges

I have the opposite issue. Detonate Cartridges does not activate regardless of how many Overcharged stacks I have left when attempting to use it--it simply refreshes the number of Overcharged stacks. 

52 minutes ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

Bug - Overcharged Cartridges

I have the opposite issue. Detonate Cartridges does not activate regardless of how many Overcharged stacks I have left when attempting to use it--it simply refreshes the number of Overcharged stacks. 

They somehow changed it and removed the secondary efect, at least on pvp

On 3/7/2022 at 8:53 PM, StAllerdyce.3941 said:

Not sure if it's a bug, but Unseen Sword triggers even if you're not in combat.  Since mounting or unmounting is considered a weapon swap, this can put you in combat when don't want to.  

From my experience with it, it triggers if there's any mob nearby when mounting/dismounting, even "white" mobs like furflies and rats.

It might be hard for them to extricate ambient mob aggro code from enemy mob aggro code.

On 7/4/2022 at 12:17 PM, Mungrul.9358 said:

From my experience with it, it triggers if there's any mob nearby when mounting/dismounting, even "white" mobs like furflies and rats.

It might be hard for them to extricate ambient mob aggro code from enemy mob aggro code.

It's the desmounting that counts as a weapon swap, triggering unseen sword. I've swapped it with rivers flow + MMR since I don't really need to hit stuff for 150k on OW except on world bosses.

• 2 weeks later...