Bladesworn Bug Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

• ArenaNet Staff

If something is obviously not working as intended–if skills and traits don’t work as expected from the descriptions or if they don’t interact with core traits as expected–let us know here!

If you want to share feedback on how the bladesworn plays, talk to us in the feedback thread!

17 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Wouldn't the hitbox size be more of a feedback thing felix?

yes because i work at anet and coded the game to know it's a bug or it's they made hitbox too small, or maybe it is the fact that with internet latency it never hits.

you tell me, mr know it all

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

^Also noticed that, full 8s CD

1st: Unyielding Dragon trait used -> Thief NPC in PvP lobby still blinded me in the middle of a Dragon Slash reach animation. Happened only once, will check to see if it happens more.

2nd: Dragon Slash lighting UI on top of the 3 types of Slashes is off place and the lighting blips over the actual skillboxes. 

Will be back

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

After a dragon attack (burst) you switch back to your normal gunsaber attacks. So thats pretty much a weapon swap, not sure if its good like that though.

DT is a bundle, equipping a bundle with trigger on swap effects. But in this case it really seems like they are treating Gunsaber, Dragon Trigger, and your base weapon as 3 different weapon sets and thus togging the CD weird.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

DT is a bundle, equipping a bundle with trigger on swap effects. But in this case it really seems like they are treating Gunsaber, Dragon Trigger, and your base weapon as 3 different weapon sets and thus togging the CD weird.

This synergizes with discipline tree AND gunsaber tree giving you positive flow over and over tbh, which is kinda important if ANET wants to solve the adrenaline issues. I dont know if they should touch this tbh. But not being able to swap to normal weapons after dragon trigger feels inconvenient so maybe they should fix

Edited by BlackTruth.6813

1 minute ago, Glott.7239 said:

Not sure if it's really consider a bug but it might be and i kinda hope it is. Crack Shot does not work with Pistol. I know it's more of a "melee Pistol" but it's still a Pistol after all if it's so....?

Also, since the whoooole thing about this is that they glued a gun to a greatsword... both traits for greatsword and range weapons should work simultaneously or we were scammed.

Not sure it it's intentional but: Traits that grant positive flow seem to not stack with or overwrite each other. Also the positive flow on weapon swap from discipline seems to not be working.  Abilities that give positive flow DO stack together (except signet of fury, which doesn't seem to give a stack at all)

• Like 1

The Gunstinger and Break Step skills are not benefiting from the trait Warrior's Sprint. They are movement skills and there is no skill fact that says: Removes Immobile, there is that fact for the utility skill Dragonspike Mine.

Edited by Kraav.8136
Changed to correct name of trait.
  • Like 1

A friend of me used "Dragon Slash" or any other movement skill and got stuck right into a wall. This happened 2x at the heropoint under tarir in Auric Basin, he told me it also happened in PvP.

(I didnt try it myself yet, but i saw him bugged in a wall multiple times so I am reporting this already)

• Like 1

So here's a tiny, but interesting bug. For me gunsaber has kinda default-warrior-gs swing trace, BUT if you change last trait in bladesworn tree while gunsaber is active, it changes its trace to a cool-looking orange one until i sheath it and then it's back to normal. I really hope that orange trace is the one that should be default for gunsaber.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AmazonianBumblingAlmondOMGScoots-h31zEoaHmpIN2d2R

I'm the warrior they're killing in this clip. At the start you can see I get immobilized so I use Dragonspike Mine, the evade goes off and the immobilize is cleansed but they should happen the other way around so you don't just dodge in place.

Edited by eksn.7264
  • Like 2

Dragon Slash Boost pathing is very clunky and depending on the charges used flings you up in the air, at the slightest of terrain change, whereas GS3 would never launch you like that. Granted it cannot have the same speed, but I think there is a factor where you gain more speed the more charges you use and as a result you don't hit the target and cannot exploit your remaining flow to use Daring Dragon (dragon trigger gets cancelled)

• Like 1

The trait Unseen Sword (3rd trait of the first column) does not seem to work.

Description is : "After a delay, deliver a circular attack to foes around you. Increase flow rate if it hits."

When in fight versus an enemy, after a dodge, the circular attack happens and damage is dealt but the increase flow rate is missing (staying at only one stack as in a fight).

Possibly a bug, at least I hope it's a bug. Using the Attack Skill 1 on the Gunsaber just uses that attack. To go though the entire chain you have to press three times. I hope this is a bug as the skills are far too similar to each other to have to be used deliberately. At least he Rogue's Attack Skill 1 does something different depending on where in the chain it is.

• Confused 1