Please put an end to bauble farming

Drexl.7049

5 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

There are those on their necro who can farm endlessly without being at their computer as the game allows their minions to reset their inactivity timer. Is that legit?

It's absolutely legit because A-Net directly said, yes it's ok

What's not ok is to use a 3rd party tool

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

Exploits are declared by A-Net and nobody else.

LoL Found the guy making thousands of gold multiboxing bauble farm. 

Relax, chief.  I never said otherwise and this is clearly not an exploit.  Still, ANet should really do something about it as multibox AFK farm is not a good look and it's gotten to the point where it regularly disrupts the normal flow of the map.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

Guess someone's pissed at heralds,lol. You can complete T4s on other weeks too, why do it during bauble week? Plus this is one more reason why gw2 is a casual game, though its not much gold you get some gold while also working irl.

What i hate, and absolutely despise in a game is multi boxing, I seen many players with multiple accounts just afk farming.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

LoL Found the guy making thousands of gold multiboxing bauble farm. 

Relax, chief.  I never said otherwise and this is clearly not an exploit.  Still, ANet should really do something about it as multibox AFK farm is not a good look and it's gotten to the point where it regularly disrupts the normal flow of the map.

Just accusing people of illegal actions like AFK is going nowhere.

It also violates at least 2 rules of conduct and this is the point where the mods usually close the thread

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

Just accusing people of illegal actions like AFK is going nowhere.

It also violates at least 2 rules of conduct and this is the point where the mods usually close the thread

It's a good thing I didn't do any of that.  But I'm sure we'd like to stop further discussion against bauble farming.  There's a lot of gold on the line here!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

Until A-Net says otherwise it's legal

And yet it’s something people are still able to do in the game. There’s no backtracking for you or the other poster. 

They don’t need to explicitly state every exact scenario imaginable in order for them all to be against the rules. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 1/8/2022 at 6:57 PM, Kurrilino.2706 said:

Not sure you know how the cash shop and gems work.

The Gems bought with gold, are already paid for with real cash by someone.

Whoever owns those gems after that purchase is not of their concern.

My point is, they are missing out on Gem sales. Why spend money in the cash shop if you can just bot with no consequence?

Edited by Voltage.8027
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

And yet it’s something people are still able to do in the game. There’s no backtracking for you or the other poster. 

They don’t need to explicitly state every exact scenario imaginable in order for them all to be against the rules. 

That's why players are supposed to report such activity.  Only Anet can determine whether or not such things are against the rules.

Report and move on.  I really can't believe that this thread has gone on as long as it has.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

That doesn't even matter.  It wasn't against the rules the other times they killed farms like this.  Once it grows to a certain proportion, it's clearly not intended and they usually get around to fixing it sooner or later.  For example, the engi turret farm in the centaur village.  They added those frequent area effects to force people to not stand in one place AFK farming.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

That doesn't even matter.  It wasn't against the rules the other times they killed farms like this.  Once it grows to a certain proportion, it's clearly not intended and they usually get around to fixing it sooner or later.  For example, the engi turret farm in the centaur village.  They added those frequent area effects to force people to not stand in one place AFK farming.

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn’t. Regardless, this wasn’t the point of my post. 

9 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

Not sure i can follow here.

Who violates what rule?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/11/2022 at 1:13 AM, Voltage.8027 said:

My point is, they are missing out on Gem sales. Why spend money in the cash shop if you can just bot with no consequence?

*Sigh* Every gem paid for with gold in the store is bought by someone else for real life money.  Yes, there are the gems from achievements, but that's every 5k AP and it's only $5 worth of gems.  It's in no way, shape, or form going to change the price of gems even considering all the players above  30k AP (which would be 3k gems that comes out to $37.50 USD or not even the box cost of the game when it initially launched.)  All these bots, afkers, etc. do is drive up the cost of gold to gems which, in turn, makes it more appealing  for people to mass buy gems and turn them into gold (Or just  turn what they have left in their wallet into gold.)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1