Please put an end to bauble farming

Drexl.7049

11 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes but core accounts cant bauble farm since that require heart of thorns expansion.

One do not have to have amazon prime to get a core account for free. They _are_ free. Don't know. It is what I have heard from people who do multi account bauble farm extensively, no matter whether you or I can get our heads around.

Have fun

• Confused 4

2 hours ago, Ashreen Destemas.6840 said:

One do not have to have amazon prime to get a core account for free. They _are_ free. Don't know. It is what I have heard from people who do multi account bauble farm extensively, no matter whether you or I can get our heads around.

Have fun

You have to buy an expansion for your FTP alt account for it to even access the map to bauble farm. This is paid content that incentivizes people to make alt accounts to buy  expacs for. Money in Anet's pocket.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ashreen Destemas.6840 said:

Have fun

Uhm you do know that ftp cant transfer anything to your main so it is kinda useless to farm on right?

Edit

Maybe read up on the restrictions to understand what you posted is bad infromation you were trolled.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230165307-Guild-Wars-2-Account-Types-Free-Core-HoT-PoF

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

What money?

Gold can be converted to gems and used in lieu of cash.  In addition, those players who are multiboxing revs paid for each account.  They put down cash expecting a return in gold.

The farm is disrupting the intended flow of the map.  This is the same reasoning used to kill farms on many occasions before this.  So, it's standing on potentially shaky ground and now people are talking about it.  Anyone who is making a lot of gold from this (multiboxing or not) will likely take a dim view of killing the farm or even talking about killing the farm, but especially those who have put money into it.

Does it make more sense now?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ellye.9123 said:

People AFK-farming is just ugly to look at and feels like I'm playing a dying korean crash-grab MMO.

My dude, that kind of thing happens in all MMOs.  MMO devs can only mitigate it so much, assuming the said devs are actually interested in it, and an "ugly look" frankly isn't enough to alter pieces of the game.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

My dude, that kind of thing happens in all MMOs.  MMO devs can only mitigate it so much, assuming the said devs are actually interested in it, and an "ugly look" frankly isn't enough to alter pieces of the game.

Actually, an ugly look is enough to change it. They already did it once. You didn't use to see this happen since the AFK farming turret engineers of centaurs. Anet drastically changed it.

This time it's a much easier fix. Increase the respawn timer to 10 minutes for the event. Done, instead of 10 seconds.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Fortunately, ANet has a pretty good track record of killing farms when they either disrupt the flow of the map (e.g. centaur village, old school champ farm) or are so lucrative that a large portion of players start focusing on that farm to the exclusion of others (e.g. AB multimap, Istan).  So hopefully we'll see some action on this at some point and if we're really lucky maybe they could update the VB night meta to make it more appealing.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Fortunately, ANet has a pretty good track record of killing farms when they either disrupt the flow of the map (e.g. centaur village, old school champ farm) or are so lucrative that a large portion of players start focusing on that farm to the exclusion of others (e.g. AB multimap, Istan). 

So the answer for everyone who hates the bauble farm is to join it. 😄

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, TwiceDead.1963 said:

Actually, an ugly look is enough to change it. They already did it once. You didn't use to see this happen since the AFK farming turret engineers of centaurs. Anet drastically changed it.

This time it's a much easier fix. Increase the respawn timer to 10 minutes for the event. Done, instead of 10 seconds.

If you're referring to the Lake Doric leather farming, it wasn't because of the AFKers as much as it made a major impact on the in-game economy -- enough for Anet to notice and put a stop to it.  Since other "farms" don't appear to have such an impact may well be why Anet chooses to not spend time/resources in stopping them.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

If you're referring to the Lake Doric leather farming, it wasn't because of the AFKers as much as it made a major impact on the in-game economy -- enough for Anet to notice and put a stop to it.  Since other "farms" don't appear to have such an impact may well be why Anet chooses to not spend time/resources in stopping them.

Or they just haven't gotten around to it yet.  We're just here discussing it to help them identify a potential problem.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Or they just haven't gotten around to it yet.  We're just here discussing it to help them identify a potential problem.

You may be right.  If I recall, though, it didn't take them long to shut down Lake Doric.  This thread started back in September.  I'd imagine Anet would have made a move in 4 months if it were an issue like Lake Doric.  /shrug

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

They could've been smacking two flies with one swipe. /shrug

• Like 2

greetings folks .... this is my first post so take it easy on me lol 🥶

I am not at all surprised to see this thread popped up and am glad I spotted it. Here's my 2 cents

I am a semi new player and yup this is a great source of gold especially for newer players.
This farming helped me immensely when I started playing and I farmed quite a bit. In fact I used to wait for this farm. I bought griffon from the gold and even those extra pungent skyscale foods from TM .
So as you all can see I benefitted a lot from this bauble and still do.
I might sound hypocrite (but I am not lol) when I say this farming has been turned into an absolute joke, thanks to these zillions of AFK heralds. And with every new week it gets alarming.
They just sit there and leech and they dont even contribute to pre metas which is a shame.
Even some commanders just put on the tag and just AFK(entire daytime) .... 

Heres a couple of latest screen shots , second pic is just those AFK heralds who never help in premeta and just leech. 

1. https://i.ibb.co/m6GM0Fd/AFK1.png

2. https://i.ibb.co/qpMn983/AFK2.png

But lets be real .... Anet wont do anything as these Alts were/are purchased with money as you have to buy expansion.
Why on earth will devs nerf it when this has been a steady source of income for them ? 
Also I have spotted Devs monitering bauble farming multiples times in the past but I am under the impression that they fully aware of these exploiting and basically dont care.

anyway thanks for reading 

cheers

• 1 month later...

y'all went and ruined for us the best lazy gold farm, this is the equivalent of rich people ruining it for the middle and lower class whenever they find opportunities, I joined this game for the community but every community has to have some envious bunch like you, if you wanted to do the t5 meta then you could've done it outside the bauble farm week, and you know that very well, you had alterior motives don't try to disguise it, I hate you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Lmao, if this is a way to deal with afkers, why the Stealth nerf? Why this Solution?

Want to know the irony of this is? This isn't going to encourage people to do the VB meta. All it'll do is make people move on into other maps like silverwaste to get the money they need.

People bitching here about how much money the VB Shiny farm made, don't realize a couple of thing.

1. The rewards only pops up once in a few weeks.

2. Afkers don't make a lot of money compared to someone who was active.

3. This farm have been a thing for years now. So it isn't like it was screwing with the economy.

This change kittens over everyone who does the VB event. Not just Afkers looking to make a quick buck for zero effort.

Edited by Thevaultdwellinggamer.4267
  • Like 1