Engi is hillariously broken atm

Ovark.2514

There's not much to say. You can pretty much pick any holo, scrapper or maybe even core build out of a hat right now and it will crush basically every other build. Most of the issues lie in core engi: The daze/blind explosives trait, the free stomp/revive while invuln, the stealth, the obnoxious grenade tactic of turning  around mid throw (thanks vallun), the mortar and nade kit hitting through the terrain to cheese damage, the excessive amount of CC on an offhand weapon (much of which requires no target or skill to land, inc instant cast), the fact that you can win a match with auto-attack on flamethrower. The list goes on.. .

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

rev, necro and engi are cockroaches that always come back broken no matter what, nothing new here.
At least port holo and nades holo are no longer so broken you can at least fight them properly now, its not too bad anymore 

Yeah, now core engi is the problem

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ovark.2514 said:

There's not much to say. You can pretty much pick any holo, scrapper or maybe even core build out of a hat right now and it will crush basically every other build. Most of the issues lie in core engi: The daze/blind explosives trait, the free stomp/revive while invuln, the stealth, the obnoxious grenade tactic of turning  around mid throw (thanks vallun), the mortar and nade kit hitting through the terrain to cheese damage, the excessive amount of CC on an offhand weapon (much of which requires no target or skill to land, inc instant cast), the fact that you can win a match with auto-attack on flamethrower. The list goes on.. .

Then why has a team that runs 3 engis repeatedly been knocked out of ATs?

3 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

rev, necro and engi are cockroaches that always come back broken no matter what, nothing new here.
At least port holo and nades holo are no longer so broken you can at least fight them properly now, its not too bad anymore 

Yes. The engie has gotten a handful of slow nerfs. Nades damage coefficient was lowered. Purity of purpose has a CD which kinda killed a certain build. The class itself has a higher skill floor, with the exception of the FT build. I've seen different variations of that recently. FT scrapper with turrets, FT scrapper with wells etc etc. 

I still believe Holo is far more superior to scrapper FT. 

Hope the devs just revert the game back to pre-HoT 2015, engi wasn't even that bad after slick shoes nerf then. This class started becoming anti-fun because of the expansions/scrapper rework, engi used to require you to be good at skill shots but you know powercreep 2stonk so why not just play res bot/obnoxious builds

Edited by BlackTruth.6813

5 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

I really dont get your thought process.
You respond to the wrong person and then tell me to not post on the forum o.O
Like how does that connect at all ?

I responded to u saying prot and nade holo with adding core engi to the list. If u dont wanna be tagged then dont post.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Ovark.2514 said:

Core engi beats "basically every other build"... lol. Who hurt you?

• Like 2

From what I heard, minions are overpowered. I mean the best GW2 players use them in tournaments to kill other best GW2 players. They did even drop revenant , which is remarkable as best players usually play revenant.

And since nades and flamethrower can kill minions effectively, they must be insanely overpowered.

Edited by KrHome.1920