How to make Cleansing Ire worth using in sPvP

Ovark.2514

Cleansing Ire: Gain Adrenaline when hit. Remove a condition for every bar of adrenaline spent when using a bust skill. Bust skills ignore Blindness.

If ppl think that's too strong, I think it would be perfectly fine to move the "Gain Adrenaline when hit" portion to a master slot. I'd be happy to see that replace any of the current master tier traits on the Defense line.

1 hour ago, Ovark.2514 said:

Cleansing Ire: Gain Adrenaline when hit. Remove a condition for every bar of adrenaline spent when using a bust skill. Bust skills ignore Blindness.

If ppl think that's too strong, I think it would be perfectly fine to move the "Gain Adrenaline when hit" portion to a master slot. I'd be happy to see that replace any of the current master tier traits on the Defense line.

Be careful, dodging telegraphed abilities is hard in 2021, we better keep Warrior in check.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Ovark.2514 said:

It's really the only course of action for the trait. Though since the put an ignore blind rider on Unyielding Dragon I doubt that they would put it on Cleansing Ire.

What might be better is this:

Cleansing Ire: Gain Adrenaline when hit. Remove Blindness and one additional condition for every bar of adrenaline spent when using a bust skill.

Which to be honest is a strictly better buff since your follow up attacks will not have blind affecting them unless you are being spammed by it.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It's really the only course of action for the trait. Though since the put an ignore blind rider on Unyielding Dragon I doubt that they would put it on Cleansing Ire.

What might be better is this:

Cleansing Ire: Gain Adrenaline when hit. Remove Blindness and one additional condition for every bar of adrenaline spent when using a bust skill.

Which to be honest is a strictly better buff since your follow up attacks will not have blind affecting them unless you are being spammed by it.

Yeah that's better. I did think about the Unyielding dragon trait. . .

Literally we can make the "get adrenaline when hit" baseline and it would still be fair tbh.

That would help Hammer/Mace a bit even though it would still be bad. And it's at a point of diminishing returns for GS, GS isn't even adrenaline hungry. Also who gets hit by eviscerate in 2021.

If we can't KEEP adrenaline OUT OF COMBAT can we at least build adrenaline fast enough? That compensation should've happened tbh when that stupid nerf came through, that hurted so many builds like hammer. Like I didn't ask for instant cast or z-axis teleports, or high invuln time, like zzzzz

Edited by BlackTruth.6813

20 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

Literally we can make the "get adrenaline when hit" baseline and it would still be fair tbh.

That would help Hammer/Mace a bit even though it would still be bad. And it's at a point of diminishing returns for GS, GS isn't even adrenaline hungry. Also who gets hit by eviscerate in 2021.

If we can't KEEP adrenaline OUT OF COMBAT can we at least build adrenaline fast enough? That compensation should've happened tbh when that stupid nerf came through, that hurted so many builds like hammer. Like I didn't ask for instant cast or z-axis teleports, or high invuln time, like zzzzz

You'd be surprised how many people get hit by Eviscerate still. Its possible to fake people out to think you whiffed be deselecting the target and reselecting them mid leap. Your character will redirect mid leap when you retarget.

You can use that to leap behind people and hit them in the back for things like Thief Rune's damage modifier FWIW or any of the flanking sigils in WvW.

32 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You'd be surprised how many people get hit by Eviscerate still. Its possible to fake people out to think you whiffed be deselecting the target and reselecting them mid leap. Your character will redirect mid leap when you retarget.

You can use that to leap behind people and hit them in the back for things like Thief Rune's damage modifier FWIW or any of the flanking sigils in WvW.

Yeah lmao it doesn't occur to them to just tank it, some specs can probably outdamage it while you're casting too

I guess timing instant cast blocks/blinds/random weakness is hard in 2021 still.

Edited by BlackTruth.6813

2 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

Yeah lmao it doesn't occur to them to just tank it/outdamage it, some specs can probably outdamage it while you're casting too

If its from a Spellbreaker, lol yeah just tank that weak thing. Core? that'll hurt still if it is a T3 one unless they have prot and/or barrier up. You're right though on the DPS race nature of it, but then I typically use it when people are mid cast, ending their dodge roll, or trying to kite but haven't gotten out of range yet.

2 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

I guess timing instant cast blocks/blinds is hard in 2021 still.

Depends. I usually play after working out and have a strong drink or two, so my own reaction time is usually not good enough for using instant cast skills properly, kind of double handicapping myself there but oh well. I can only imagine that is the case for others as well.

3 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Depends. I usually play after working out and have a strong drink or two, so my own reaction time is usually not good enough for using instant cast skills properly, kind of double handicapping myself there but oh well. I can only imagine that is the case for others as well.

I meant for the people having a hard time vs warrior still lol

10 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

I meant for the people having a hard time vs warrior still lol

I was using myself as an example of why others might not be able to use said instant cast blocks/blinds.

I know I play pretty handicapped due to booze and muscle fatigue that ends up with me taking hits I otherwise would not take, so I'm sure there are other people in the same boat (odds are more likely to be booze related though lets be honest).

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I was using myself as an example of why others might not be able to use said instant cast blocks/blinds.

I know I play pretty handicapped due to booze and muscle fatigue that ends up with me taking hits I otherwise would not take, so I'm sure there are other people in the same boat (odds are more likely to be booze related though lets be honest).

Drunken master warrior next expansion, we get a staff after EOD.

Also, revert the signet of might nerf please, this one was completely uncalled for.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Or just change it to work on adrenaline use and probably also healing/resolution per condi cleansed.

Healing per condi would double dip with Tactics' Shrug it Off, which would probably not be a good idea. Resolution per condi cleansed isn't a bad idea and gives synergy with Hardened armor.

10 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

Removing blindness on burst (not hit) should be a thing for Cleansing Ire. Clears and Resistance CDs on the professions are way too long to ever justify wasting them in synergy with a burst when your burst itself is gonna remove conditions.

^This guy gets it.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Cleansing ire:

Gain adrenaline when hit

Cleanse one condition and gain Resistance (1s) for each bar of adrenaline spent.

The resistance will nullify both blind and weakness on burst use.

👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

@Cal Cohen.2358, @Raymond Lukes.6305, @Josh Davis.7865. We found the perfect solution for one of the traits.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910

On 10/12/2021 at 5:16 PM, Ovark.2514 said:

Cleansing ire is actually pretty good. 

If you take something like The Build of Peace and Love

Then you get resistance through Revenge Counter and you can build pretty good adrenaline to make up for the lack of discipline and self control.

If you fight a condi mesmer with that build for example, then we will not see you again for as many years as it takes to finish that fight.

6 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Cleansing ire:

Gain adrenaline when hit

Cleanse one condition and gain Resistance (1s) for each bar of adrenaline spent.

The resistance will nullify both blind and weakness on burst use.

It's on hit so you wouldn't get the benefit of Resistance unless they made Adrenaline be spent on cast.

I wanted to suggest Resistance but it's a bit overboard because then you can just hurrdurr burst burst anytime you want and not be punished for being reckless whether you have Weakness or not. It's not particularly difficult to hit someone at the end of an evade, or bait them for that matter, Eviscerate, slow as it is still tracks pretty well.

Traits that ignore Blindness or Remove blindness are not as rare either. Just having immunity to currently applied blindness alone is already a powerful change itself. Finally when you have Resistance, Blindness "does" remain until it's either running out or missing a hit when Resistance wears off. You'd honestly rather having it gone IMO, coming from someone who played a lot of Mallyx.

Edited by Shao.7236

6 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

It's on hit so you wouldn't get the benefit of Resistance unless they made Adrenaline be spent on cast.

I wanted to suggest Resistance but it's a bit overboard because then you can just hurrdurr burst burst anytime you want and not be punished for being reckless whether you have Weakness or not. It's not particularly difficult to hit someone at the end of an evade, or bait them for that matter, Eviscerate, slow as it is still tracks pretty well.

Traits that ignore Blindness or Remove blindness are not as rare either. Just having immunity to currently applied blindness alone is already a powerful change itself. Finally when you have Resistance, Blindness "does" remain until it's either running out or missing a hit when Resistance wears off. You'd honestly rather having it gone IMO, coming from someone who played a lot of Mallyx.

All true, but the condi clear would clear the bind if it is one of the 1-3 conditions cleared. That and if we are talking core, the warrior could swap to the other weapon set, pop some adrenaline gain skill/trait, and clear more condis ( and lets be honest one more would be cleared on weapon swap as well).

This would allow warrior to keep up with a lot of the soft condi reapplication rate of some classes, but is something that could still be worn down and soft countered with boon rips/corrupts.