Something to ponder: Second Generation legendaries

Chapell.1346

I know that it has been a quite the discussion in the past (remind me if not) but, is there a probability of chances based on the current algorithm that

i could outright buy a Second Generation Legendary weapon(s) thru item generation via underground production or related to your favorite e-commerce store that has been integrated or inbuilt server side using Gems or be it real life currency based on the countries monetary value?

what are your thought? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 26
  • Sad 1

am not trying to de-value others time investment since the path of getting one is quite the mental challenge but if we could systematically place it right such as placing or selling it cost the seller some gems while the buyer will be place into a fair and reasonable cost that could be a win-win on the middle  ground, and am sure there might be others that has better and more precise idea than mine but who knows, since hearing other voices is quite a rarity these day.

• Like 1
  • Confused 11

Is this just an oddly-worded way of saying you'd like 2nd generation legendaries to be tradable, like the 1st generation ones?

Or is there more to it?

If it's the first one then I think it's highly unlikely given Anet chose to make all legendaries after the first set of weapons account bound on acquire. I doubt they'd go back on that decision now.

If you're asking for something else can you explain what you mean? I can't speak for anyone else of course but I really don't understand what you're proposing here. What "current algorithm" are you referring to? What is "item generation via underground production"? by "your favorite e-commerce store that has been integrated or inbuilt server side" do you mean the current gem store, or are you proposing a new system?

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Chapell.1346 said:

also kindly refer to Raids: to whom it may Concern. - Page 2 - Instanced Group Content - Guild Wars 2 Forums this and try to put the pieces altogether.

Kindly, you created a unique thread for a specific idea. I think the job falls on you to explain it in full detail. Giving homework to other forum users is not the way to go, I don't think.

Although, I do have a hard time understanding what you are trying to say.

You cannot and will not be able to buy legendaries with real money, outside the first generation. That being said, you can choose to throw a lot of money at the game and buy many of the ingredients which could make acquiring a second generation weapon all that much easier. Beyond that, though, no luck, I'm afraid.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Don't fully understand what your asking for with this item generation and whatnot, but no the second generation of legendaries should NOT be allowed to be tradable like the first are.  Anet themselves have admitted that they didn't intend for even the first gen to be tradable on the TP and would change those if it weren't too late.  Don't expect them to be willing to allow second gen to be tradable.

Also, its silly and rather irresponsible to refer to a completely separate thread and have people "try to put the pieces together" when its on you to better word your request.

Edited by The Greyhawk.9107
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chapell.1346 said:

also kindly refer to Raids: to whom it may Concern. - Page 2 - Instanced Group Content - Guild Wars 2 Forums this and try to put the pieces altogether.

That thread is just as incomprehensible, and points out some unpleasantness in certain posts.  At least, that's the pieces I put together.

But, I will say (from parsing, I think, the mumbo-jumbo from the first post), that if you want to buy a Legendary with Gems/cash, you need look no further than the Chinese client.   Good luck.

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
rereading posts numerous times
  • Like 6

I'm afraid the only thing i understand from the initial suggestion is that OP probably doesn't want us to know what is being proposed, which is why that sugestion is being written in a very roundabout and ambigious way.

@OP: Perhaps saying straight what you want to achieve might be a far better idea if you expect any sort of positive reaction.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I'm afraid the only thing i understand from the initial suggestion is that OP probably doesn't want us to know what is being proposed, which is why that sugestion is being written in a very roundabout and ambigious way.

@OP: Perhaps saying straight what you want to achieve might be a far better idea if you expect any sort of positive reaction.

This seems to be Chapell's way of writing across all their posts. Perhaps they are using Google translate to post English from their native language? It has that feel to me.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

This seems to be Chapell's way of writing across all their posts. Perhaps they are using Google translate to post English from their native language? It has that feel to me.

It doesn't feel google-translatey to me. It's way too convoluted for that. It gives me the feel of someone trying to give "clever" hints and suggestions at what they want to say, instead of saying it directly. And just doing it very badly.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Anet themselves have admitted that they didn't intend for even the first gen to be tradable on the TP 

looks like i am the one who to blame.

1 hour ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Don't expect them to be willing to allow second gen to be tradable.

do you think the timing has come?

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chapell.1346 said:

am not trying to de-value others time investment since the path of getting one is quite the mental challenge but if we could systematically place it right such as placing or selling it cost the seller some gems while the buyer will be place into a fair and reasonable cost that could be a win-win on the middle  ground, and am sure there might be others that has better and more precise idea than mine but who knows, since hearing other voices is quite a rarity these day.

Emphasis in quoted text is mine.

So who decides what is fair and reasonable?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Emphasis in quoted text is mine.

kind of Evon Gnashblade sort of thing; sell and withdraw but using Gems.

24 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

So who decides what is fair and reasonable?

Generation one has its own metrics thru Black Lion Trading Company or should we let Ellen Kiel decide?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7

4 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I thought that the issue was Gen2 ?

Advice ... there is some weird role play going on with the OP in this thread (and other threads as well) because he's writing a thesis for his portfolio ... or something?!? 

WE know this is about Gen 2 but I don't think it's the OP's goal to have a logical discussion on this. I going to assume he's 'collecting content' for something.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Advice ... there is some weird role play going on with the OP in this thread (and other threads as well) because he's writing a thesis for his portfolio ... or something?!? 

WE know this is about Gen 2 but I don't think it's the OP's goal to have a logical discussion on this. I going to assume he's 'collecting content' for something.

Eh... His writing sort of looks like those word salad comments I see on YouTube that you don't realize are complete gibberish until you read them. I wonder what he would be collecting content for with this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chapell.1346 said:

do you think the timing has come?

Not really. While i am generally among the first to support alternate forms of obtaining stuff like legendary gear, on the list of the available options TP would be somewhere near the very bottom (and generally as something to consider only after all other options have failed for some reason). And Gemshop would be even lower than that.

I think, that TP/gemshop options for already existing legendary gear is not something that would benefit the current game at all - especially for gen2 weapons, that were designed specifically around them not being available that way. I'd be far more interested in discussion about having alternate legendary options per type for all main game modes (with both hardcore and non-hardcore option for PvE mode). Notice, that it does not necessarily require expanding accessibility of already existing legendaries - it could also be achieved through introducing new ones of the same type.

By this reasoning, i feel that legendary weapons already have a TP option (gen1 ones), and if Anet were to ever introduce gemshop legendaries (which i hope won't happen), i'd fully expect them to have their own skins, and not be duplicates of already existing ones.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2

I am firmly against any legendary gear being able to be bought (including gen1 final products, although I realize that’s an argument I am never going to get ANet to change their minds on after so long)

alternate ways that STILL require SIGNIFICANT account bound playtime? Sure, by all means make more Fractal, Raid, PvP/WvW paths. Go for it

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It doesn't feel google-translatey to me. It's way too convoluted for that. It gives me the feel of someone trying to give "clever" hints and suggestions at what they want to say, instead of saying it directly. And just doing it very badly.

Seemed to me like they want a way to be a credit card warrior, especially with that "real life currency" part at the end. 

• Like 2