Mesmer rework rumor?

AshkyLicious.4729

doesnt realy sound like something possible . a new elite spec is just comming out a spec that uses current mesmer passifsĀ  . mesmer is in a good place rn doesnt need reworks . just think ? what can they rework when they can just change couple of gamechanging traitsĀ 

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

34 minutes ago, Entropo.1524 said:

doesnt realy sound like something possible . a new elite spec is just comming out a spec that uses current mesmer passifsĀ  . mesmer is in a good place rn doesnt need reworks . just think ? what can they rework when they can just change couple of gamechanging traitsĀ 

Well my friend... mesmer is indeed in need ofĀ an rework. So much of our traits and skills has been butchered throughout theĀ years and one who mains/plays mesmer can see that our class isnt really in a good place for the moment.

Edited by AshkyLicious.4729
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, Entropo.1524 said:

I wouldn't call bugged skills, inability to use our profession mechanic in WvW, Virtuoso having 0 synergy with core and half the clone and phantasm skills not working on it, one dodge mirage in WvW and PvP, bloated useless and/or weak traits that are never used in any build, and i'm sure i'm forgetting something - a good place.

Ā 

But that's just me.

Ā 

There's tons of room for a rework.

So i'm interested as well, i've seen the comments too.

Are they trolling or something for real?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

i think what i wrote this morning was abit confusing to read .as i been told lol , i mean like virtuoso already been designed with current mesmer inmind so reworking those old trait would make very little sence for now . and still they dont realy have the time to rework old stuff when they got the metashit fest thats gonna need balancing post expansion . and well current mesmer is in a good place i dont see any realy big problematic stuffĀ 

• Like 2

No one has linked to a credible source for any profession reworks.

No one has linked to any sources that might suggest this is happening.Ā 
Ā 

This is a rumor and I doubt anything spectacular to happen to Mesmer beyond tying the core traits to Virtuoso (or changing them to definitively not work together). Ā Ā Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah its def only a rumor without any backing up to it. I was mostly interested in where people got their info from, but looks like we'll never know šŸ˜Š

And as for reworkĀ on mesmer, yes I personally think mesmer needs a rework asap, since the class has been literally butchered and neglected by Anet for too long. Virtuoso is proof of justĀ that with all of its big issues. I cant speak for elementalists and revenants etc. since I dont play those classes. Mesmer is in my interest in the end of the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

So I've seen that some people lately has been postingĀ on the mesmer threads about a upcoming rumored mesmer rework? Been trying to search about this rumor on the net, but can't find anything about it though.Ā 

Where did people get this info from? Please enlighten meĀ šŸ˜Š

There is supposed to be a balance pass on core/other elites after EoD releases I believe.Ā  This may be what was referenced, but it is all professions, not just Mesmer.

Edited by Logos.3042
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

Well my friend... mesmer is indeed in need ofĀ an rework. So much of our traits and skills has been butchered throughout theĀ years and one who mains/plays mesmer can see that our class isnt really in a good place for the moment.

Most just don't make much sense, most other classes you have 3 good options for traits but sometimes mesmer gets 0 since they all rely on a mechanic you are not using like stealth or phantasms.Ā 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Probably because a CHRONOmancer is probably the worst source of time based boons in the game.

Yeah I already offered a good solution on this forum which is make the major trait on chronomancer provide alacrity at 240 range instead of just yourself.Ā 

9 hours ago, Entropo.1524 said:
  • why do u believe so ?Ā 

Chronomancer doesn't have a real elite spec mechanic. Apart from Continuum Split, all those Chronoshatters do basically the same thing as the regulars ones and change nothing about your gameplay.Ā Hallf of the traits are completely useless. (Careful, I am not saying bad. I am sayingĀ useless) Wells are so weak that nobody uses themĀ  unless somehow you couldn't find a FB/Renegade for your raid. The whole spec is carried by, Continuum Split, StM, Chronophantasma and Shield 4 and if you take those, there is nothing worth playing in Chronomancer. Core Mesmer needs some work too. It has lots of questionable grandmaster traits. However, I believe Chronomancer needs to beĀ build up from the ground.Ā 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Lethion.8745 said:

Chronomancer doesn't have a real elite spec mechanic. Apart from Continuum Split, all those Chronoshatters do basically the same thing as the regulars ones and change nothing about your gameplay.Ā Hallf of the traits are completely useless. (Careful, I am not saying bad. I am sayingĀ useless) Wells are so weak that nobody uses themĀ  unless somehow you couldn't find a FB/Renegade for your raid. The whole spec is carried by, Continuum Split, StM, Chronophantasma and Shield 4 and if you take those, there is nothing worth playing in Chronomancer. Core Mesmer needs some work too. It has lots of questionable grandmaster traits. However, I believe Chronomancer needs to beĀ build up from the ground.Ā 

Yeah I agree but it has its place even if it has no core mechanic. It plays alot like a Scrapper that also doesn't have a defining play style.Ā 

I mean they get slows, super speed and self alacrity. Wells honestly do need a buff, making the heal and buff at the start would be a good fix.Ā 

Edited by Mell.4873

alacrity was the chrono class mechanic. then it got made into a boon and given to everyone. change to f1 is objectively worse with the exception of support builds boon stripping, no distortion aka removal of the best defensive mes skill, all's well that ends well? requires well's that are useless when compared to necro, also mantras loosing cast time component basically shafted mantras with no compensation to give that power back in any way shape or form, calamity can be acceptable in a zerg but then again who plays damage mes in a zerg and actually contributes these days as 90% of your kit is made redundant in zerg fights for damage. well's compared to necro, necro is 1/4 cast time mes is 3/4. precog well was good originally and was awesome plus impactful, not it may as well not exist. as far as giving boons good luck with that. traits are mediocre but not completely dead. boon share should come back via signet, but to avoid the degenerateĀ  perma all the boons should apply a debuff causing further signet shares to not be able to target that player for the duration.

Ā 

mirage one dodge is a joke, and was acceptable for a temp fix. just give it 2 dodges and have it no longer able to dodge while stunned, also return the dodge to super speed or have a unique buff making the mes unable have movement speed reduced below 100% unless immobilized. i mean look at the new rev, 1 dodge but given a truck load of endurance regen to componsate. miage? nah nothing, nada

Ā 

phantasms shouldn't have the initial cast effect, instead should be immune to all damage and cc and the cast should be unable to be dodged. how can someone dodge or be immune to you summoning a entity? you should dodge/block/immune etc the phantasm attack. as it stands you get 2 chances to dodge a single skill that can also be countered by damage and cc, having them work as a normal attack/skill would be beneficial for balance in all game modes and partly solve some issues in mesmers design.

Ā 

an option to make clones useful in wvw, something like swap phantasmal quickness haste with malicious sorcery putting scepter train in master in line with other weapon traits, remove phantasmal hast and replace it with new GM. clones now spawn around the mesmer mimicking their movement (the the clones are always following you aka one to your left right and behind) and no longer attack on their own but provide a buff for each active clone, shattered clones gain distortion.

Ā 

what many who don't main Mesmer fail to realize is how much of the mesmer kit simply does not function in a large portion of situations. imagine necro/war/thief if you lost life force/adrenaline/initiative for getting hit while not in shroud.

also virtuoso is a mess albeit a very pretty mess, with all that projectile itsĀ  making focus trait mandatory to attack in wvw so you can reflect your own reflected attacks xD and lets compare some damage, with the same stats, well of suffering 1/4 cast, 3850 damage, 4 vuln pulses and unblockable. rain of swords - 3/4 cast,Ā  2350 damage, 3 vuln pulses. only difference is suffering is 30s cd and swords is 25s and 1200 range over 900. and sword of decimation? well that hits for less damage than a wet tissue.

Ā 

fyi, chrono does not get superspeed it can give shattered clone superspeed, chaos can give manipulations superspeed though

Edited by desu.2514
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, desu.2514 said:

but to avoid the degenerateĀ  perma all the boons should apply a debuff causing further signet shares to not be able to target that player for the duration.

Ā 

Anet has no problem with perma every boon:

Ā 

Ā 

It's ok when others do it but not Mesmer. Mesmer MUST SUCK!!! It's the law.

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Didnt Anet change our phantasms just so we couldnt haveĀ passive damage?

Well isnt that exactly what engineers new robot pet kind of do? Passive damage?... yeah I know you can press F1-F3 andĀ the robot makes some attacks, but in my eyes its still passive damage... I can see their robot do all the damage and they only press 1111111111 in the background. But hey, they are engineers so that makes it okay I guess...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

Didnt Anet change our phantasms just so we couldnt haveĀ passive damaging?

Well isnt that exactly what engineers new robot pet kind of do? Passive damage?... yeah I know you can press F1-F3 andĀ the robot makes some attacks, but in my eyes I kindĀ of see it as a source of passive damage for engineers... I can see their robot do all damage and they only press 1111111111 in the background. But hey, they are engineers so that makes it okay I guess...

The official statement was i believe "persisting phantasms encourage passive gameplay where mesmers just had to summon phantasms for damage" - which of course wasn't true, phantasms alone were not enough.

Ā 

Meanwhile there's a necro AFK at every map killing mobs with pets that don't despawn after a kill, that's ok, our pets were the problem. šŸ˜›Ā 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

The official statement was i believe "persisting phantasms encourage passive gameplay where mesmers just had to summon phantasms for damage" - which of course wasn't true, phantasms alone were not enough.

Ā 

Meanwhile there's a necro AFK at every map killing mobs with pets that don't despawn after a kill, that's ok, our pets were the problem. šŸ˜›Ā 

To add to that, instead of making phantasms more powerful since they don't persist anymore, they nerfed them.

• Like 5

I don't play mesmer but it frankly always seems like it needs a rework and then gets nerfed instead. It's been this way for 7 or 8 years where i read the patch notes and just go "kitten that sounds like it sucks". Like I think it was the May 11th patch where they said Chronomancer was overperforming in damage, I went from seeing one or two power chronos a month in fractals to seeing one or two power chronos since May 11th.

• Like 5