coalescence is ridiculous

For all the legendary, coalescence is the hardest and it just ridiculous. i had been working on it for almost 5 month still cant get the achievement done.  took 3 month to kill dhuum. and now i stuck at Q1.  seriously i dont know why anet need to setup all 3 achievement completed in order. i got full clear for W7 not long ago. and now i have to kill Q1 then to kill QTP again. this is so frustrating.

I dont think there will be any other legendary item is harder then coalescence. it just keep getting stuck and spent time for nothing.  😡🤬

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Ok. What's the purpose of this thread?

anet should amend, like Misforged Triumplhant, it used require 2000 wvw rank, now is only 500.

they should make Q1 easier or achievement no order require for coalescence.

or create the item can sell by NPC for maybe like 200g~400g

its totally not making any sense why a evolved version of Qadim (QTP) is easier then the original

Edited by JUN YANG.4328
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

11 minutes ago, JUN YANG.4328 said:

anet should amend, like Misforged Triumplhant, it used require 2000 wvw rank, now is only 500.

its totally not making any sense why a evolved version of Qadim (QTP) is easier then the original

Ah, now it's clear.

No, I don't think they should change it. Taking out any and all difficulty out of the game isn't a good thing at all. It leaves the players with nothing to strive for, no incentives to improve or try new content. Long term goals are an important part of any mmorpg and as always in cases like this one: if someone doesn't like it or thinks the legendary reward isn't worth the effort, then they can just not do it and instead keep playing with ascended gear without losing any power or somehow being locked out of any content available in the game.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 4

I'm stuck on Q1, too. I just don't have the time available to raid, so I'll be lucky if I can play with my guildies and get a kill or something pops up on RA/lfg. I agree it's hard, but I don't think it should be changed. It's requirements are fair for a raid legendary. As said above, stick with ascended, or use 2x Conflux.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Ah, now it's clear.

No, I don't think they should change it. Taking out any and all difficulty out of the game isn't a good thing at all. It leaves the players with nothing to strive for, no incentives to improve or try new content. Long term goals are an important part of any mmorpg and as always in cases like this one: if someone doesn't like it or thinks the legendary reward isn't worth the effort, then they can just not do it and instead keep playing with ascended gear without losing any power or somehow being locked out of any content available in the game.

I understand what you mean. but they should setup the achievement more achievable. and not extremely difficult.

all other legendary item if you spent time work on it. you know you can get it one day. ( i had 13 legs, i dont have problems with those) but for coalescence i dont know when i can get it.

1. need find a group to run Q1,

2. the group not ask for KP, and newbie welcome

3. not being kick if you done something wrong

4. the group will successful kill Q1

To meet the above conditions, the probability is really low. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, kiri.1467 said:

I'm stuck on Q1, too. I just don't have the time available to raid, so I'll be lucky if I can play with my guildies and get a kill or something pops up on RA/lfg. I agree it's hard, but I don't think it should be changed. It's requirements are fair for a raid legendary. As said above, stick with ascended, or use 2x Conflux.

As you said, you need to be lucky to get the achievement done.  for raid legendary i think envoy armor is easier.   

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Head Kracker.4790 said:

Well this is the reward for raids and raids are some of the more difficult things to do in this game. If you want one thats technically easier to get you want to go for conflux but that route takes much longer because of ticket caps and playtime. Easier overall yes but longer to acquire

I do agree, Coalescence requires ppl to complete some mechanic heavy encounters. If ppl refuse to learn them -> then complain about being kicked, WvW would be an easier alternative for everyone. Both are timegated (LD vs. tickets). Tickets can be farmed literally by fliping a camp every 10 minutes...

That being said, there are raiding guilds which run trainings on those bosses. Mr OG, try those. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JUN YANG.4328 said:

Forum is here for players given their opinion. not licking anet's feet.  if everything is so reasonable why they changed Misforged Triumplhant, rank requirement from 2000 to 500?  havent you got all the legs yet? complete all the raid CM?? if not S T F U

Yep, that's the kind of language that will get Anet to listen to you. Or anyone with self-respect.

I don't plan on getting Coalescence because the content I'd need to do for it is not my cup of tea. And guess what: it's OK.

You'll be fine, too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, JUN YANG.4328 said:

inst as same as buy a kill?

save gold, buy a kill run.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, JUN YANG.4328 said:

For all the legendary, coalescence is the hardest and it just ridiculous. i had been working on it for almost 5 month still cant get the achievement done.  took 3 month to kill dhuum. and now i stuck at Q1.  seriously i dont know why anet need to setup all 3 achievement completed in order. i got full clear for W7 not long ago. and now i have to kill Q1 then to kill QTP again. this is so frustrating.

I dont think there will be any other legendary item is harder then coalescence. it just keep getting stuck and spent time for nothing.  😡🤬

Other players managed to craft coalescence and they did all the achievements as well. Why should anet change it just for you? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

Other players managed to craft coalescence and they did all the achievements as well. Why should anet change it just for you? 

By his logic?

Like with the WvW rank requirement, (which originally was a long term goal for WvW players) Anet has a history of caving to crying players.  So, if enough people cry about it…. 🤷

Too many ❄️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

I mean you could buy a run for the raid if you really are just doing it once for the ring.

Raiding does take practice and if you're underperforming at your role or class (especially on Dhuum or Q1) the fight is going to be hard as with most groups every person is required. They are completely possible with less players but then DPS needs to be harder.

Honestly Q1 is easier than ever now since you only need to do one pyre. Coalescence itself isn't that bad to get, but you need to stay on goal and maybe join a raiding guild. I'm not sure what role(s) you play but getting into a guild with some focus on raids would be the quickest route outside of RA.

Personally when I first did those fights with my guild a few years ago Dhuum took like ~4 nights of raiding for us to finally get it down (mostly people failing greens.) Q1 took like ~3 nights of raiding (failing CC bar or not going to the right platforms at the right time)

Edit: Also to be clear, challenging content is a good thing. Please don't call for nerfs because you can't handle the content. There are other ways (i.e. buying a run with mystic coins)

Edited by LuRkEr.9462

8 hours ago, JUN YANG.4328 said:

but they should setup the achievement more achievable.

No, they shouldn't, the achievement is fine. If you don't like it or think the legendary reward isn't worth the effort, then you can just not do it and instead keep playing with ascended gear without losing any power or somehow being locked out of any content available in the game.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, genjonah.1253 said:

keep it hard. Heck, make it harder. Keep legendary acquisition legendary, and RAID FOCUSED legendary should require being SUCCESSFUL AT RAIDS

Sure. As long as there will be a legendary alternative for PvE that is not raid focused.

It's not really a good thing that if PvE players want to have legendary rings they should probably avoid the PvE option and rather choose the WvW one instead.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

if someone doesn't like it or thinks the legendary reward isn't worth the effort, then they can just not do it and instead keep playing with ascended gear without losing any power or somehow being locked out of any content available in the game.

Ok, man. OP aside, I gotta say something about this. Yes, you ARE being locked out of content in the game if you don't grind for a legendary. Specifically functionality. Specifically the ability to change stats on the fly. And don't give me that, "Oh you can just use Ascended and change the stats with those." One, it costs money, even if just a little bit. Two, you gotta obtain a certain material. And three, you gotta be at the Mystic Toliet to do so. It's still really annoying and restrictive. Locking the majority of players out of flexible builds because they didn't grind for 50,000 hours to get legendaries is b******* and should never have been put into the game.

Now, with that said, it's way too late to change things now, but regardless, let's not pretend that this isn't an issue.

Edited by Arnox.5128
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Sure. As long as there will be a legendary alternative for PvE that is not raid focused.

It's not really a good thing that if PvE players want to have legendary rings they should probably avoid the PvE option and rather choose the WvW one instead.

But they don't need to avoid the pve options, they just mostly refuse to complete the content by their own choice.

5 minutes ago, Arnox.5128 said:

Ok, man. OP aside, I gotta say something about this. Yes, you ARE being locked out of content in the game if you don't grind for a legendary. Specifically functionality. Specifically the ability to change stats on the fly. And don't give me that, "Oh you can just use Ascended and change the stats with those." One, it costs money, even if just a little bit. Two, you gotta obtain a certain material. And three, you gotta be at the Mystic Toliet to do so. It's really inconvenient and restrictive. Locking the majority of players out of flexible builds is b******* and should never have been put into the game.

Now, with that said, it's way too late to change things now, but regardless, let's not pretend that this isn't an issue.

No, what I said is you're not getting locked out of any content -and you're not. You can keep using ascended gear that's just as good as legendary performance-wise and compelte every single thing in the game. And what do you mean "don't give me that..."? I'll "give you that", because that's the fact.

You don't need to stat swap, you can get multiple ascended gear sets with stats yo uwant to use.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1