End of Dragons Fashion Wars: Buttcapes, yes or no?

End of Dragons Fashion Wars: Buttcapes, yes or no?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want new armors to have buttcapes in EoD?

• Yes!
    • Please NO!
    • Indifferent

Buttcapes are nice, but EVERYTHING already has a buttcape, or glows like a Christmas tree. I wouldn't mind some muted armor sets. I also wouldn't mind a bit of cross weight clothing. I somewhat enjoy making my guardian look like a cloth class for example, and my reaper look like a heavy armor death knight for example. I feel that should be expanded on a bit more. A lot of armor feels the same, especially medium armor.

• Like 2

Where's the 'buttcapes in moderation' option?

The term is inherently loaded for something that was a valid fashion or even protective choice back in the day (properly protecting that region with armour is hard, and it's often easier to hang a protective skirt over the region - and having a slit at the front facilitates riding both for armour skirts and for civilian skirts and robes). For some characters it does feel appropriate. But there should be a genuine choice available rather than buttcapes on everything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

There is a medium armor option.

https://imgur.com/ne4bkAO

Lily of Elon by moonlight.

The thing is that 95% of medium armor chestplates have a buttcape so you also have just a few to choose that have none so its a high chance that u also wont like the one that has no buttcape. Just bc theres not so much variety. It also depends on race tho.

I am playing asura male engineer and i am using the cultural chestplate "prototype coat". It also has a bullcape but its still a really nice chestplate imo:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prototype_armor#/media/File:Prototype_armor_asura_male_front.jpg
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prototype_armor#/media/File:Prototype_armor_asura_male_back.jpg

Its also the only chestplate i like on medium asura male.

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SeTect.5918 said:

The thing is that 95% of medium armor chestplates have a buttcape so you also have just a few to choose that have none so its a high chance that u also wont like the one that has no buttcape.

Totally. I think that PVP chestplate on my character is the only one that doesn't have some sort of flap. It also has a bit of a weird design with metal looking plates inserted into an overal leather top. Took me a while playing with colors to find something I liked with it.

I'm totally on board for more pieces without butt-capes. Just wanted to share that there is an option.

• Like 2

No one wants buttcapes, but then Mistward legs are the most used piece of armor in the entire game.

Maybe less buttcapes for medium armor, but please keep bringing more for heavy. We need some diversity, and (a lot of) players definitely like them on their heavy armored characters.

Edited by Ulysses.2058