Ideas on how to get to the Cache Keepers before they're killed?

Kaliwenda.3428

Hi everybody, I was unable to get to a single Drizzlewood Cache Keeper this afternoon before it was already killed.  I know about using the parachutes, but even using them I was too slow to get there in time.  How are other folks handling this?  Camping out in nearby spots and waiting till they come up?  Maybe it was just the first-day crowds getting them downed so soon, I suspect that's part of it, but if anyone has any helpful tips I'd appreciate hearing them.  Thanks!

Thank you!  What I did tonight was hop on my skyscale as soon as possible from the parachute, and forget about trying to open any of the chests.  I went straight from one cache keeper to the next and I was able to get 9 of the 12 done!

I'm feeling a lot better about getting this one done now than I was earlier today. 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kaliwenda.3428 said:

Hi everybody, I was unable to get to a single Drizzlewood Cache Keeper this afternoon before it was already killed.  I know about using the parachutes, but even using them I was too slow to get there in time.  How are other folks handling this?

Take the nearest "waypoint" (a.k.a. chopper drop zone) to active Cache Keeper --> activate Griffon (or Skyscale, depending on the route/terrain) --> rush to your destination

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dami.5046 said:

would be lovely to actually get a map that hasn't completed the south meta, to even complete this.

Yeah, I couldn't get onto a fresh map all day yesterday, hard as I tried - and neither could any of the people of the squads I joined. The worst part was all the trolls in LFG advertising a south meta when there wasn't one on their map. I don't understand why this can't work as Dragon's Stand where every reset places you into a new map. I get why you need the first half of the map to complete the second, but it's counter-productive. Some people did over 10 north metas in the hope of getting a fresh south map. That's just ridiculous.

I guess I'll just wait for everyone to get their achievement and then try to get mine during the weekend where more fresh maps might be a thing.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, wondermuffin.9680 said:

Yeah, I couldn't get onto a fresh map all day yesterday, hard as I tried - and neither could any of the people of the squads I joined. The worst part was all the trolls in LFG advertising a south meta when there wasn't one on their map. I don't understand why this can't work as Dragon's Stand where every reset places you into a new map. I get why you need the first half of the map to complete the second, but it's counter-productive. Some people did over 10 north metas in the hope of getting a fresh south map. That's just ridiculous.

I guess I'll just wait for everyone to get their achievement and then try to get mine during the weekend where more fresh maps might be a thing.

Finally managed to complete this, breakfast in one hand ranger in the other, had to be online early. Helped with getting the cache dudes too as less people breaking their Dps meters. Last night was awful. Hopefully the next part of the story isn't quite so annoying.

• Like 2

On 11/16/2021 at 2:47 PM, Kaliwenda.3428 said:

Hi everybody, I was unable to get to a single Drizzlewood Cache Keeper this afternoon before it was already killed.  I know about using the parachutes, but even using them I was too slow to get there in time.  How are other folks handling this?  Camping out in nearby spots and waiting till they come up?  Maybe it was just the first-day crowds getting them downed so soon, I suspect that's part of it, but if anyone has any helpful tips I'd appreciate hearing them.  Thanks!

These bosses could probably stand to be a bit more resilient.  For now, the best you can do is get to the nearest parachute drop and use the elevation to dive and gain speed with your griffon.  If you don't have a griffon, you're probably going to miss out on some of the bosses in faster groups.

• Like 1

Here is some weird strategy:

Find yourself a player who has GW2 installed on a SSD. Preferably a player with personal preference of Griffon > Skyscale. Ask them to make a party and leave the squad.

Get a class with AFK-farm mechanics, preferably a Minion Master. 

Lower your graphics options to "Best Performance" and reduce the displayed player count to minimum. 

Tell your friend to write "+" in party-chat whenever they have hit the ground with the Griffon.

When your friend departs, immediately activate a Teleport to Friend stone, but do not accept the message-box until you read the "+". 

-

My computer is rather old, but its SSD allows me to reach every cache-keeper around 80 % HP or higher. In a few cases I can even make it to the NPC as the first person in the squad, prime-time, full squad, many dps-maniacs. The keepers melt in < 30 seconds. 

The huge advantage of the MM is that the pets are automatically summoned. When you load a teleport, there is this golden circle loading icon in the bottom-right corner. It has two phases. It loads, then stops and loads again. Phase one loads your character's position, phase two only the graphics. You can be damaged and your passives and pets already operate normally after the first loading phase, so they can create credit for you. Just make sure your friend lands on the mob itself. 

I am fortunate enough to have a griffon, loads of supplies to pay for chute drops, and an SSD and fast connection.  So I tagged all 10 cache keepers just now while calling out on voice to my friends to alert them where the keeper was.

Why on earth is the achieve to get *twelve* of them?  The wiki only shows ten, so it's a forced second run of the meta to do that tiny bit of mop up.

• Thanks 1

On 11/17/2021 at 5:15 PM, CShades.2456 said:

same. I completed the north meta 3 times, and every time it ends It ports me to a map that already has completed south. this is a waste of time.

It sound strange as when Drizzlwood where new, once Norths ended and forced player back to South, then all of South had to start from scratch again (red zone). Probably too many are doing this event chain (as part of Return...achievement) and are now on the same map, so when North are finished South will still be blue zone for camps and portal drops.

So I learned through raging that there are parachute drops and also straight up area teleports to camps (they are big blue orbs on your overworld map).  

Since the former requires wp'ing back to a station and all that (causing you to miss a lot of keepers), going to try the latter to get my last few.  It has to work better as every commander I see must use it as they are from keeper to keeper in seconds.

Also keep in mind a keeper location will ping shortly after it spawns--so I've been just ignoring the cache chests for now and waiting on the next ping to get a head start.  

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

So I learned through raging that there are parachute drops and also straight up area teleports to camps (they are big blue orbs on your overworld map).  

Since the former requires wp'ing back to a station and all that (causing you to miss a lot of keepers), going to try the latter to get my last few.  It has to work better as every commander I see must use it as they are from keeper to keeper in seconds.

Also keep in mind a keeper location will ping shortly after it spawns--so I've been just ignoring the cache chests for now and waiting on the next ping to get a head start.  

Yes glad that you finaly understod what the blue/red before captue dots were fo mate.

You do not need to skip the chests. None of my alt accounts have the griffon or the skyscale and haven't missed a single cache keeper. Grab 3 chests after the cache keeper, air drop to the nearest point of the next cache keeper, fall/glide down to the highest platform near you, then use ground mounts to get to the boss. Jackal is great since it can negate fall damage and has good speed. Springer is good if there's a lot of high grounds.

Edited by BlueJin.4127