Worst EoD elite spec to fight against?

Kuya.6495

Worst EoD elite specs to fight against?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which EoD elite specs gave you the hardest time in PVP?

• Willbender
    • Harbinger
    • Virtuoso
    • Catalyst
    • Vindicator
    • Bladesworn
    • Specter
    • Mechanist
    • Untamed

mechanist is just so autoplay it is very annoying, there is a reason turret build was nerfed years ago,

there is a reason people complained about ranger pets doing large burst damage.

this is a PVP mode, just incase anet aren't in the know, it stands for PLAYER vs PLAYER,

the golem just carries the engi, my mechanists golem does more damage than my overnerfed staff ele.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Liewec.2896 said:

mechanist is just so autoplay it is very annoying, there is a reason turret build was nerfed years ago,

there is a reason people complained about ranger pets doing large burst damage.

this is a PVP mode, just incase anet aren't in the know, it stands for PLAYER vs PLAYER,

the golem just carries the engi, my mechanists golem does more damage than my overnerfed staff ele.

Good thing GW2 players never tried a game with a summoner class, people can complain about an AI pet doing too much dmg...not that it does dmg in the first place. This must be the first MMO where players complain about AI pets doing more than acting like minis

I'm reluctant to say it but it's mechanist. 

The mech was designed to be really strong to compensate for the mechanist itself being reliant on the mech to do lots of damage, but there are some ways to get around that balancing attempt or synergize heavily with the mech.

What troubles me is the fact that it's going to be mostly shoved into sidenoding, and if it cannot be oppressive while doing that (because theyre annoying/difficult to fight 1v1 and people will be annoying with that until they get nerfed) it doesn't have any particular role to which it is particularly suited.

I'd like to see people use it, but I'd also like to know that that is a matchup I can win. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Good thing GW2 players never tried a game with a summoner class, people can complain about an AI pet doing too much dmg...not that it does dmg in the first place. This must be the first MMO where players complain about AI pets doing more than acting like minis

actually we have MMs, and they are annoying enough.

we don't need another AI carry class.

3 minutes ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Your comment reminds me why PvP standarized models were the best update in GW2 history.

They are very difficult to fight against because you don’t see sh!t. Are the standard models still possible to be enabled ? Sorry for slight OT 😂

8 minutes ago, Mik.3401 said:

They are very difficult to fight against because you don’t see sh!t. Are the standard models still possible to be enabled ? Sorry for slight OT 😂

Yes and can be applied even to allies as well.

Options -> scroll down to "Competitive" -> Standard Enemy Models : Enabled

• Thanks 1

Mechanist for sure, that's obvious. But Specter was annoying because the UI is weird when they go into shroud. I don't know if I'm doing damage? It just becomes two red bars and it's hard to tell if I'm pressuring them or not because there's also barrier involved. It just seems like non-intuitive design that makes it hard to tell if I should burst or back off.

On 12/9/2021 at 5:28 PM, Kuya.6495 said:

I see most are choosing mechanist. Is it because of the flamethrower build or something else?

Honestly, as an engi main who played mainly mechanist in beta 4, the flamethrower build was far from the most opressive thing mechanist could do. Because they massively nerfed the precision scaling (and the trait for it wasn't worth taking over the alac one and was bugged) valk amulet + fury from explosives shared with shift signet was actually more damage than berserker, so I was playing an egun explosives build running around with 30k HP, 500 passive healing per second (from regen and traited heal signet), and my mech's ranged auto attacks would still land for around 1k damage each. Egun is a lot more annoying to fight against than flamethrower, since it gives the mechanist a lot more condi cleanse on themself and the mech, and also does surprisingly high power damage with skills 2 and 4, plus giving the mechanist a way to spam weakness on their target while the mech does the actual damage.

That's part of the reason why mechanist feels so bad to play against (and so boring to play) - so much of the power is just shifted onto the mech. You're giving up your entire toolbelt and an entire traitline for it so it has to be powerful, but the result is just the player feeling more like the assistant for the mech. Many people (myself included) knew that this was going to be an issue right from the moment the mechanist trailer was revealed, but it's still rather disheartening to see that be the case. I'm not sure if there is a way to salvage the elite spec though and make it fun to play against - although if I were ANet, I would start by looking at the traits. Make more of the traits affect the engineer themself, that way you can tone down the power of the mech without making the spec unplayably bad.

16 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

funny how ff14 is trying to remove pet functions even in pve to make the game more fun and engaging.

and gw2 is making the opposite

FF14 is a PvE'ers game when FF14 restructured there pvp in heavenward it died and never returned i played FF14 from ARR to stormblood. I have 2 friends who still currently play who are at end game, pvp is nothing more then a daily for tokens. And as far as game comparisons are this is night and day because ff14 has decidedly gone in the direction of a gear treadmill with zero pvp content and constant instancing everywhere combat is far different its far less active this is apples to neutron star to be fair man. The only thing they have in common is yoshi p has played guildwars 2 and ff14 and likes both games.

Edited by Genesis.5169

On 12/10/2021 at 11:49 AM, Arheundel.6451 said:

It was pretty fun back in Aion 2.x when you went pet spec on SM instead of the usual DoT and Fearspam build and watched your Lava/Tempest Spirit zoom at people and delete them instantly.

Mechanist was my most disliked one, mostly because, just like Scourge, it can command it's minion without having to cast and have corresponding animation themselves. It's the pet that has both the cast and the animation, mechanist just presses the toolbelt button and continues on doing it's things.

This forces you to split attention way too much and because the Mech is not always in melee range - because it can attack from range - it can be at the edge of your screen while the mechanist you fight is in the middle.

I'm not entirely against specs that command AI to do a lot of their damage, but I think to make it somewhat excusable for PvP, both the animation and the cast time of the pet ability should be on the player, not the pet. Aka if Mechanist wants Mech to use it's F3, the mechanist has to cast it and have an animation for it so the player they face can read it more easily and anticipate incoming attack from the pet.

I believe without solving this issue no pet focused spec like Mechanist should be allowed to be viable in PvP.

Edited by Rym.1469