Why are necros, guardians, and mesmer the bot classes?

Crab Fear.1624

Probably because they'd want the bot to have a good chance at winning.

I'd note though that its not by proffesion basis but rather build-basis. Condi-mirage seems a popular pick, but not power-mes.

Also not seen many guardian bots besides an occasional burn-type.

Necro is probably the more common.. minionmancer and scourge builds.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Is guardian easy to bot with thou? How so? Maybe the brainlet trapper DH? 

Guardian bots come in two variants: Core Burn Guard (20+ stacks of Burning condition in seconds), and DH Shadow Trapper. Both of these rely on just sitting on points spamming damage, which works quite well for a bot and quite well for PvP in general since its usually Conquest.

Yes, you can easily avoid and kill them, but that means you're not on the point contesting.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I never seen a necro or mesmer bots i've seen plenty of guardian ones tho. I do not think the mesmer bots if they exist are run by 3rd parties they are ran by anet because they want to hide the fact there are almost no mesmers left.

Never ever seen a necro/mesmer bot in 3k games.

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

you gotta think about what bots can automate, and what it can not do.

bots can simulate skill pressing, even better then human with better reaction time. but bot can not simulate pathing and positioning and disengage and reengage.

obviously, these are the classes which heavily depend on skill pressing and less so about moving around.

you can argue that glassy mesmer is more about moving around, but bots dont run that build, they run the tankier ones.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 2

Contrary to popular perception, another good spec for bots is fire weaver. You usually only see these during 2v2 and 3v3 season. Weaver is complicated but sometimes if the thing that makes a spec complicated is just how many buttons you need to press in a specific order, a bot is great at that because it will always perform the correct rotations but even faster than a person would! 

Just watch out for ledges.

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 2

On 1/3/2022 at 6:33 PM, Markri.9475 said:

Probably because they'd want the bot to have a good chance at winning.

I'd note though that its not by proffesion basis but rather build-basis. Condi-mirage seems a popular pick, but not power-mes.

Also not seen many guardian bots besides an occasional burn-type.

Necro is probably the more common.. minionmancer and scourge builds.

Yes thank you for defending the glassy power mesmer. You made an astute observation that the most common denominator for bots are tanky builds. 

They have builds that require very little effort while providing insane value, specially in low/mid ratings. Wanted to experiment with it myself, literally my first and only game as Burn Guard (or as a Guardian in general for that matter), i ended up with 500k damage with only a vague idea how to combo the skills together. Was giggling to myself the whole time because of how effortless and safe the whole thing felt, coming from playing Thief/Engi/Rev.

https://i.imgur.com/l57MMhR.jpg

Necro/Mes is the same idea, just pop lich and 2-shot someone with 12k autos on top of being naturally tanky unless focused down by a coordinated team (something you'll rarely see in this game outside automated tournies). In Mes' case just slam all cds from stealth, pretty much a guaranteed downstate or two in low/mid ratings.

All of this can be accomplished easily by bots, improving their winrate/gold per hours.

Edited by Ashgar.3024
  • Like 1