Will there be any dangers to using the Skiff?

I assume it will be similar to mounts - you won't be expected to fight while sailing, but you could be attacked if you get close enough to enemies and I assume enough attacks will 'dismount' you (so you can't be invincible).

From what I've seen it looks like when it's being used as a platform players can move around normally, I can't remember seeing anyone fighting or using skills while standing on a boat but it seems likely it will be possible, but then it'll be like fighting anywhere else on land.

Maybe they'll add to that later on, like adding a cannon to the boat, but I haven't seen anything like that so far.

1 hour ago, lokh.2695 said:

How should we know?

By the depth charges and reinforced hull masteries, probably. We'll be getting an upgrade for the boats that drops an AoE and 'sinks' nearby enemies as well as one that temporary increases the HP of the boat, which seems to imply that things in the water will attack and eventually dismount players skiffing about. Pity we didn't get a skiff beta; I'd like to know more about what you can and can't do with them since they're being billed as a major feature. Fighting from the boat while it's anchored (battle platform) is something I've seen speculated about quite a bit.

But, as with most things EoD-related, we're just going to have to wait to know for sure.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ausar.9542 said:

With this new gameplay element known as Skiffs, I wonder if there will be some dangerous aspect to the gameplay while using it in the world or in dungeons. 

Can we fight from the Skiff if need to?

Unless you buy a fancy gem store skiff skin, there’s a chance of getting splinters.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I assume it will be similar to mounts - you won't be expected to fight while sailing, but you could be attacked if you get close enough to enemies and I assume enough attacks will 'dismount' you (so you can't be invincible).

From what I've seen it looks like when it's being used as a platform players can move around normally, I can't remember seeing anyone fighting or using skills while standing on a boat but it seems likely it will be possible, but then it'll be like fighting anywhere else on land.

Maybe they'll add to that later on, like adding a cannon to the boat, but I haven't seen anything like that so far.

I’m super curious to see how the jumping sharks in around Sandswept Isle will interact with the skiffs.

• Like 2

If the skiff serve as a moving plateform, then I suppose you can use them to fight. We know other player in your party can also enjoy your skiff (aka get on board and use it as a plateform) but I'm curious to see if the owner of the skiff can move around without dropping the second player standing on the skiff. You would technically create some kind of naval battle with one ranger using his bow to shoot at other monster while the second person pilot the skiff.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Ausar.9542 said:

With this new gameplay element known as Skiffs, I wonder if there will be some dangerous aspect to the gameplay while using it in the world or in dungeons. 

Can you imagine the outrage of the 23 people who actually wanted this feature. if you make them actually play this game?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

21 hours ago, Ausar.9542 said:

Like with mounts and gliders, they won't be useable in dungeons.

If you were talking about instanced content in general, I predict that it will not be useable in previous story missions, raids, strikes, fractals, or dungeons. Perhaps they will make it available in EoD missions and other future instanced content, but we don't know yet.

21 hours ago, Ausar.9542 said:

We do not know hahaha, and did not know their is another Ausar here lol.  I am the true god of death thou… I am isat, know me and run lol 

• Confused 1