Anet Devs, Please adjust mystic coin cost of Mystic Weapons.

To finish the elite specialization collection a mystic weapon needs to be crafted. That weapon is 30 mystic coins each. Since mystic coins rewards are changing can stuff that relies on mystic coins be looked at and tweaked as well? Specialization collections were a way to help players get an ascended weapons from playing the content. The gap is widening on accessibility with these types of things.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Wanted to say, that it's just the Heart of Thorns collections that would need a tweak.

For example the 4th step here... https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_North_Wind_(achievement) 

That mystic caller needed for the collection is so expensive to craft I might as well consider just making an ascended warhorn directly and skipping the collection.

The Path of Fire collection weapons seem fine because they just need 1 mystic coin to toss into the wishing well. I made a rifle so far from PoF collections and that was far less painful.

Edited by Redfeather.6401
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 weeks.

2 weeks of daily login rewards and you can make your Mystic weapon

(this is getting a lot of reactions, so i thought i should clear things up to save you all reading further down: It was late, i was tired, and was supposed to say Months instead of Weeks xD .  The point was, you can get the Mystic Weapons with zero effort just by logging in, and the collections themselves aren't something you're supposed to do in 1 day)

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 21

43 minutes ago, Redfeather.6401 said:

To finish the elite specialization collection a mystic weapon needs to be crafted. That weapon is 30 mystic coins each. Since mystic coins rewards are changing can stuff that relies on mystic coins be looked at and tweaked as well? Specialization collections were a way to help players get an ascended weapons from playing the content. The gap is widening on accessibility with these types of things.

Making BOE versions of these weapons drop from HoT content would address these issues in a far simpler way.

37 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

2 weeks.

How many weeks of gating do desert specialization weapons take?

Seriously,... think before posting.

• Like 18
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 2/11/2022 at 11:16 PM, Parasite.5389 said:

2 weeks.

Where do you get 2 weeks from? week 1, 2 coins, week 2, 4, week 3, 6, week 4, 8. So 20 in 4 weeks. From week 1 after 7 weeks you'll have 32. Any other point you should take 6 weeks to get it.

But that's just daily log in. There are other ways to get coins. I don't do fractals, if you do you have until EoD comes out to get coins there. I do WvW, there are mystic coins to be had  in the Skirmish reward track. Season of Dragons. One of the tiers for each part gives coins. Then completing one you can choose coins or a skin.

It would be cheaper to make an ascended warhorn as you said,of the three you can choose, Minstrel's would be the most expensive to make at 31g40s15c at the time of writing. https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-71116

Cheaper than the Mystic Caller would be to make. But it won't have the skin. 

I guess we don't know if the Mystic weapon will be part of the new ES, but remember some mystic weapons for collection count for multiple collections. The mystic staff will do the Druid and Daredevil, mystic shield will do Chronomancer and Herald, you only need one staff and shield. 

Mystic coins aren't more expensive than they've been. They were at a steady 2g for a long time, dipped to about 1g50s recently for a while, now back up to 2g.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Sinmir.6504 said:

Mystic coins aren't more expensive than they've been. They were at a steady 2g for a long time, dipped to about 1g50s recently for a while, now back up to 2g.

Mystic Coins were less than 20 Silver each when I crafted the Mystic Weapons needed for the specialization collections. They're now more than 10 times the price.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Shining One.1635 said:

Mystic Coins were less than 20 Silver each when I crafted the Mystic Weapons needed for the specialization collections. They're now more than 10 times the price.

Was that a long time back? I remember them being 10s before Heart of Thorns. Then after Heart of Thorns came out they quickly went up in value with the Mystic Tribute. Did you craft them right after HoT came out?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Sinmir.6504 said:

Was that a long time back? I remember them being 10s before Heart of Thorns. Then after Heart of Thorns came out they quickly went up in value with the Mystic Tribute. Did you craft them right after HoT came out?

I crafted them as soon as I found out I needed them for the collections. I don't remember exactly when that was, but I would say it was within a month or two of Heart of Thorns launch.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I'm all for this as well, considering the value of coins these days and how many you need for legendary crafting etc

The original weapons that need coins to make them seem to be a bit ridiculous in cost now, especially when the skins of many of those weapons (which is the only reason to even make them anymore) are for the most part lackluster compared to a lot of stuff that's been added over the years.

100 mystic coins and 100 T6 blood for Reaper of Souls.. a literal rusted Sickle??
Yeah no chance lol

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

So many of the old recipes had coin costs balanced around the days where coins were only useful for clovers, and those werent even the major limiting source on legendary crafting.

These days, coins are worth up to 20x what they were when those recipes made sense, and more than 10x what they were when HoT profession weapons needed them. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

So the easiest (imo) fix would be to add a source to acquire an account bound version of it, like auric weapons or volcanic stormcaller weapons with some drm seals. 

...actually, no. This would most likely means these new perks being locked behind new content, despite being part of HoT collection iow people that have HoT but don't have say EoD will be left out. 

Just add more source to make mystic coins more widely available. So many these coin hoarders go bankrupt lol

edit- like add one mystic coin into these open world meta event reward choice chests

edit 2- ah right and add one to the triple trouble reward

edit 3- and one to the mordremoth chest as a guaranteed daily drop

edit 4- make open world mobs drop these coins as well, with chance of black lion key maybe?

Edited by Raffrey.5271
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Raffrey.5271 said:

So the easiest (imo) fix would be to add a source to acquire an account bound version of it, like auric weapons or volcanic stormcaller weapons with some drm seals. 

...actually, no. This would most likely means these new perks being locked behind new content, despite being part of HoT collection iow people that have HoT but don't have say EoD will be left out. 

Just add more source to make mystic coins more widely available. So many these coin hoarders go bankrupt lol

edit- like add one mystic coin into these open world meta event reward choice chests

edit 4- make open world mobs drop these coins as well, with chance of black lion key maybe?

You do know that mobs aleady have a abysmaly tiny chance to drop black lion keys right?

• Like 1

This is what happens when you base prices on current economy rather than on being consistent with collections. Seasonal vendors asking for materials being horribly not worth it the immediate next time it returns.

They even keep making more collections without considering how it effects older collections. Fiery Dragon Slayer effecting Primordus and Icy DS effecting Jormag Defense Guide completion.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Raffrey.5271 said:

Put down the bottle of Absolut and back away slowly.

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Redfeather.6401 said:

The most expensive part of the ascended deadeye rifle reward collection was this part. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Namot,_Night_Whisperer_of_Severance

The crafted alternative for that collection is currently cheaper: Mordant Bonespitter

For all of the Path of Fire specialization collections, I took the cheaper route: Sometimes crafting, other times buying the named equivalent off the Trading Post.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Shining One.1635 said:

The crafted alternative for that collection is currently cheaper: Mordant Bonespitter

For all of the Path of Fire specialization collections, I took the cheaper route: Sometimes crafting, other times buying the named equivalent off the Trading Post.

That's true. It's nice because if someone has a level 400 crafter they can do the collection even cheaper. The PoF collections are much nicer.

• Sad 1

I mean they pretty much confirmed that the strike missions in EoD will allow you to get an additional 40 mystic coins a month. That means you can get roughly 60 coins a month casually. And since they’ve essentially doubled the coin output in the economy, in theory they will be less valuable and more affordable so if you need them, just buy them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2