I hate farming mystic clovers

3 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Depends on whether MC is coin or clover

Gotta be coin since you can't sell clovers.

Depends on how much they were sold for. and how many they kept.  I sold a bunch when the price was a lot higher than it is now and I have no regrets.  I still have a bunch.  I've never used them to gamble clovers in the mystic toilet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

Gotta be coin since you can't sell clovers.

Depends on how much they were sold for. and how many they kept.  I sold a bunch when the price was a lot higher than it is now and I have no regrets.  I still have a bunch.  I've never used them to gamble clovers in the mystic toilet.

They can be sold  to vendors. 2 stacks would be 32gold.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 2/20/2022 at 12:07 AM, Zacchary.6183 said:

I normally do south lane in Dragon Stand and Auric Basin metas with as many xp buffs as I can get and end up netting at least 20 spirit shards from them, total. I then buy 200 philosopher's stones and get at least 12 clovers from forge. Easy.

I feel silly for asking, but what are the philosopher's stones used for in relation to crafting mystic clovers in the forge? I tried yesterday using the recipe on the wiki and dumped in 30 mystic coins (the x10 recipe three times) and got only rare crafting materials and not a single clover. (Now I'm seeing that I probably should not have done the x10 recipe.)

I'm at the point where I want to craft my first legendary and I'm stuck on clovers. (I know now I should have been working on getting them along the way.) I'm largely a solo player. I don't PvP (and won't). I don't enjoy WvW (it took me months just to finish the Gift of Battle reward track because I can only stomach playing WvW for short bursts maybe once a week...and that's if I'm lucky enough to find an open squad with a friendly and helpful tag...I've gotten scared away by some pretty toxic jackholes). I don't enjoy fractals either as they require grouping. I've only done them enough to get what I need for the legendary I was working on (Chuka and Champawat), so that's only a few T1 that I've done. I haven't done any strike missions (because they require grouping). 

The only group content I do enjoy is open world meta events. I really enjoy those. I know you can get some clovers from Drizzlewood Coast commendation tracks. I know you get the clovers at the end of the 30-day login rewards track. Are there any other ways to get them for solo peeps? Is it really worth continuing to dump stuff away in the mystic forge? 

Edited by DragonMoon.6098

4 minutes ago, DragonMoon.6098 said:

the x10 recipe three times

The mystic forge recipies have a 1 in 3 chance for clovers, so not getting any in 3 tries is not unusual. People suggest using the 1x recipe (that uses philosopher's stones in the place where the 10x one uses mystic crystals) because the higher number of forgings make an even distribution of results more likely.

Bottom line still is that you have to expect to spend around 3 mystic coins per clover through the forge, and since it's random, actual results may vary widely depending on the number or times you try to forge clovers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DragonMoon.6098 said:

.... I don't enjoy WvW (it took me months just to finish the Gift of Battle reward track because I can only stomach playing WvW for short bursts maybe once a week...

Just do the "WvW PvE Dailies" such as Veteran Creature, Master of Monuments, Big Spender, and as you feel more comfortable, Camps and Land Claimer. Even one a day will move along a reward track. Often the Monuments can be done right next to the castle in one of the alpine borderlands or desert maps with little chance of interacting with others. And if others do show up, just bail if you don't want to deal with them.

• Like 4

The 10x recipe is a terrible idea unless you plan on crafting 10+ legendaries.

The problem is implementation detail. It doesn't roll for results 10 times. It just rolls once and multiply the result by 10. This is the same problem when consuming a bunch of LS currencies to convert to unbound or volatile magic.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Just do the "WvW PvE Dailies" such as Veteran Creature, Master of Monuments, Big Spender, and as you feel more comfortable, Camps and Land Claimer. Even one a day will move along a reward track. Often the Monuments can be done right next to the castle in one of the alpine borderlands or desert maps with little chance of interacting with others. And if others do show up, just bail if you don't want to deal with them.

Yeah, I always check out what dailies pop up. Veteran Creature I can never seem to find the dang things, lol. I'm ok going for camps and checkpoints, etc. I've done monuments a couple times. I play a LB/GS Sic'Em Soulbeast for WvW...the Ranger is the class I have the most experience with and comfort playing, even with open world meta events (though for meta I usually switch to my default Condi Druid build). But doing things like camps and checkpoints is how I was able to finish the Gift of Battle track. I'd roam a bit and join random small groups if I came across them, and if I saw a tag with an open squad, I'd join up. I don't mind joining a discord to take direction, but there have been some toxic jackholes who demand people to be on mic and would throw hissy fits otherwise...and I'm just not down for that. Being a girl and getting on mic is a whole other hurdle that I just have no interest in jumping over. 

I do think it will be a giant relief when I finally get a warclaw. I struggle keeping up with groups otherwise. Yeah, many other folks with warclaws have the speed buff, but you can only run with them if they don't jump ahead. Oftentimes I'll be trying to keep up with a group and if they happen to be running away from a larger group, I'm the one getting left behind and shanked, lol. I've gotten all the warclaw achievements except one (I think it's the keep one that I still need). 

I tend to go for Eternal BG if there is no queue...but would it be better for me as a primarily solo player to stick to the other maps? 

Edited by DragonMoon.6098
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DragonMoon.6098 said:

I tend to go for Eternal BG if there is no queue...but would it be better for me as a primarily solo player to stick to the other maps? 

Maybe…. Maybe not.  If you like the safety in numbers then definitely not.  If you go to a borderland, use a mobile build first, set up for survival.  Go around the map killing guards at each structure.  If those structures flip while you are on the map to your side, you get credit for the cap.  This can also be done on a map where there is a friendly squad active.  

4 hours ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

I feel you, I blew all the extra Clover tracks (the 7 or more clovers) on Leggie Armour/Trinkets (worth every penny but still). Now grinding out 77/weapon kills me inside.

95/231 gathered for the underwater weaps, oof...

My advice is to not do underwater ones before expac launch, we dont know how usefull they will be yet.

Ha ha funny. I think I have a few hundred (between 200 and 300 I think) - just from doing the reward tracks in PvP/WvW (mainly playing about 3 daily PvP matches and a bit WvW at the resets). The first time/permanent reward tracks gave a lot I think.

Then again: Only have finished 1 legendary weapon (bolt) so far ... + the PvP backpack. Find it more annoying to to the general grind (repetetive stuff for money in general ... to buy the mats ofr other gifts - and from normal playing those high level totems, blood, etc. is only accumilating slowly - should sell my other stuff every now and then maybe - to use money to buy the high level mats ... and get to use some of the clovers).

I think (I say it in every thread about grind - also regarding other stuff .... mounts and Skyscale seasonal mats): The more you feel in a rush the more grindy if feels. I understand that people have this style of play - feeling to grind it quickly to finish the legendary. And I used to have some pressure ... in other parts - regarding achievements and stuff. Once I noticed I never wold be able to finish everything. Especially after not playing from 2014-2019 - I could take it more leisurely.

For clovers all the possible sources (espcially if you want to do lots of legendaries and have a lot of money - and no problem to grind) are recommended. Maybe even the weekly vendors from the more expensive festivals.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I probably should have added a winky there - sorry. 😉 Fact is, however, that I always use that one character for this purpose and always end up lucky - hence the term "luck character". 😄

They were asking for advice and not a sarcastic response that could very well be interpreted as being sincere. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd recommend for anyone fighting with mystic clover acquisition to look at the wiki page.  See what options there are and what works best for you.  Advice here on the forums is always good too.

My favorite way has always been hoarding Chests of Loyalty.  I've made 3 leggies and working on a fourth and I've never used the mystic toilet for clovers.

I disagree with calling Vet Creature Slayer and Master of Monuments PvE dailies.   For those there's always a real possibility to get ganked WvW style.  Call them "easy" WvW dailies.  If you can at least tag the vet creature before you get ganked the players that ganked you will probably kill it and you'll still get credit.  If you get ganked doing Monuments then just run back and try again.  It's close.  If you have Ley-Energy Converter or Karmic Converter you can hoard WvW supply boxes for "easy" WvW daily when World Ranker comes up.  You can just pop off enough of the supply boxes to rank up twice and get the reward and potions.  My favorite combo is when Camp Capturer, Guard Slayer and Caraven Disrupter are all active.  Then you basically do two camps to get all three.  You'll easily get 5 guards and just have to tag one Dolyak in one of the camps.  Not bad for 4 potions and completing normal daily for 2g and 10ap. 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 11:36 PM, Fire element.9143 said:

So it will take an eternity depending on the amount of clovers you have before hand. It can range from a few days to around a month (Months depending on if you want to do WvW reward track) at best if you are dedicated to farming them.

You are aware that there are 6 reward tracks in Drizzlewood Coast that give initially 7 clovers and then are repeatable for 2 after that? The cool thing is also that you can advance them all 6 at the same time. And the vendor also takes mats on a daily basis to advance these tracks.

• Confused 1