EoD Elite Spec(s) first Impression interest and review Poll!

Avion Blade.4869

Which EoD Elite Spec(s) are you training/working-on atm? What are you current thoughts on them?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Which elite spec are you currently experimenting/growing in WvW Post EoD Release (Closes March 31 Midnight)

• Willbender
    • Vindicator
    • Bladesworn
    • Mechanist
    • Untamed
    • Specter
    • Catalyst
    • Virtuoso
    • Harbinger
    • None
  2. 2. Which is your second EoD Elite Spec you are looking forward to train/play?

• Willbender (Or another build for Willbender)
    • Vindicator (Or another build for Vindicator)
    • Bladesworn (Or another build for Bladesworn)
    • Mechanist (Or another build for Mechanist)
    • Untamed (Or another build for Untamed)
    • Specter (Or another build for Specter)
    • Catalyst (Or another build for Catalyst)
    • Virtuoso (Or another build for Virtuoso)
    • Harbinger (Or another build for Harbinger)
    • None

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/2022 at 06:59 AM

I would say some of those "None" votes are trying to avoid the absolute OP abilities of some small compositions being overused and nerfed into the ground ultimately. Which is inevitable, and I would say anyone saying honestly that they hate them all, either 1> Actually haven't tried them all or 2> Lack the creativeness to come up with something that works.     Some do lack in the WvW scene but others are incredibly overpowered.....   

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

I call BS on the "none" votes. You know they are trying new specs...

I never cared about the especs.  I tried a couple during the beta and they were the first ones I have used ingame yet.  It is just another skill, no big deal.  My ranger is training druid and is about 30% of the way.  I never set any training for any other avatar. My "none" vote is for real.  😎

Is any of the new Specs better then Firebrand or scourge?

Willbender? Roamer

Vindicator? Looks like to much of a hassle. 

Bladesworn? 😂

Mechanist? Nice Npc you got there. Would be a shame if it died to minimal pressure. 

Untamed? See above. 

Spector? Its Thief...

Catalyst? Just play Firebrand/Scourge man. But that's basically the same for all of Ele. 

Virtuoso? It's mesmer but 15% better. To bad it's still a mesmer. 

Harbinger? S C O U R G E

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SamouraiPizzaCat.4821 said:

I would say some of those "None" votes are trying to avoid the absolute OP abilities of some small compositions being overused and nerfed into the ground ultimately. Which is inevitable, and I would say anyone saying honestly that they hate them all, either 1> Actually haven't tried them all or 2> Lack the creativeness to come up with something that works.     Some do lack in the WvW scene but others are incredibly overpowered.....   

Question is, what part of Wvw we are talking about? 

Roaming?

Sure some new Specs work there. 

Guilds?

Basically the only part of Wvw where creativity matters. But only because Counter Set ups against other Guild Set ups are common practice. 

Zergs?

No way that a single new e spec will see widespread play here. Firebrand, Scourge and friends are still there.

On 3/3/2022 at 8:15 AM, Sylvia.4870 said:

I will keep on playing the Core specializations (as usual) despite the Heart of Thorns Elite ones, Path of Fire Elite ones and even the End of Dragons Elite ones.

And that is OK, the more elite specs the more diverse the population will get, if core suits so some players that's ok as well.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

Hello again! 

I am here to show my thoughts on Bladesworn. Its special attack which is both blind-resistant, and unblockable, is too much. It should either be un-blockable, or un-blindable. Just my opinion though. Waiting for others to see their reviews on the other EoD Elite professions. It is not the damage which is the issue. I blinded and prepared a block against a friend playing bladesworn, and I still got hit hard. I think it is too much. For PvE thats cool, but I think for WvW, instead of being unblindable, you can have the skill produce stability charging up, but can still be blinded so that there is a miss if blinded. So the counter to it should be: Blind, or evade the attack via dodge roll or evade frame. Again, it is not the damage which is the issue, it is the mechanic.

Edited by Avion Blade.4869

in my opinion EoD is a great expansion when it comes to PvE, when it comes to WvW this is one of the worst. The new specs have clearly not been tested for this game mode. I am having the least fun in years in WvW.  Seeing that almost every class can now bunny hop around, some specs are completely garbage and others are way to powerful. Anti projectile a topic as old as this game ... Anet decided to give the virtuoso ... projectiles xD 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, Avion Blade.4869 said:

Hello again! 

I am here to show my thoughts on Bladesworn. Its special attack which is both blind-resistant, and unblockable, is too much. It should either be un-blockable, or un-blindable. Just my opinion though. Waiting for others to see their reviews on the other EoD Elite professions. It is not the damage which is the issue. I blinded and prepared a block against a friend playing bladesworn, and I still got hit hard. I think it is too much. For PvE thats cool, but I think for WvW, instead of being unblindable, you can have the skill produce stability charging up, but can still be blinded so that there is a miss if blinded. So the counter to it should be: Blind, or evade the attack via dodge roll or evade frame. Again, it is not the damage which is the issue, it is the mechanic.

It's ok, what needs to be examined is it's interaction with shouts. Without that trait Bladesworn is dead. No trolling but just save invulns and evades. Unless you play glass and you get punished. 

Ports/Superspeed/Walking out of Slash range works too. try to jump over it as well. It still works.

• Thanks 1

None of the new specs have much of a place in a comped squad meta. Vindicator seems to be the best damage of them all, but is only just a tiny smidge above herald (if at all), while also losing dragon facet boon share, reveals, superspeed, and dwarf stance F2 stability. 

Virtuoso is somewhat interesting but it loses some boon rip with the shatters going away, CC with grav well going away, and the OP shield #5 skill. Plus, a lot of its value is nullified with blades being projectiles.

Super lame.

Edited by Hobu.8751

38 minutes ago, Hobu.8751 said:

None of the new specs have much of a place in a comped squad meta. Vindicator seems to be the best damage of them all, but is only just a tiny smidge above herald (if at all), while also losing dragon facet boon share, reveals, superspeed, and dwarf stance F2 stability. 

Virtuoso is somewhat interesting but it loses some boon rip with the shatters going away, CC with grav well going away, and the OP shield #5 skill. Plus, a lot of its value is nullified with blades being projectiles.

Super lame.

some form of Ventari or jalis / saint viktor zealot vindicator can probably feel an unique spot as a dps healer as going full support on rev has been done by herald and although less effective healing and more boons it still pales in comparison to scrapper and firebrand. Now if they gave something like aoe aegis in viktor maybe it would see more play, but we prefer less aegis and less buffs on the most strong spec of this expansion

I only have an engineer, have little experience, and don't do anything 'serious'.
So take my feedback on Mechanist with enough grains of salt to make the sea taste sweet...

First of: I play a defensive, more supportive build with the mech.

For scouting it's ok, but very very visable. Even more than a name tag i think :)µ

I say scouting, and not roaming, because roaming sort of implies one shotting stuff or staff you come across. 
I report inc's etc.

With my mech i can actually fight camp guards etc, even in a 'healer' build.

In small fights I can make a difference for all those glass canon roamers I'm trying to help.

But once I decide to join an open tag and actually make full use of my support build in a bigger group, my golem just melts away by the second push.
And what's worse: if it doesn't die: it goes wandering of, buffing people following another commander, on another map, or something... but not me or the ones around me.
Only way to keep it near me is 'avoid combat' and spam 'return to me'. this way my pet doesn't die, but my teammates do. Mind you: this is very often a justified trade of but I don't think that's what is supposed to happen if I play 'support' 🙂

Edited by Wiggely.7320

So how much damage that warrior new slash skill do if you charge it in sm lordroom while you waiting enemy? 10 warriors could probably do good damage against blob.
Harbringer seems to be total meme noob stomper. You hit like 7k, 12k, 13k and you still have cc skill left and autoattack that is like some lifeblast gatling gun.

Edited by Junkpile.7439

Harbinger: I like it for PvE, but there is no way I'll play it in WvW/PvP over Reaper and Scourge. Yeah I understand, "you don't have the second HP bar but you got mobility!" but that doesn't matter, what makes Necro playable despite its lack of mobility is FEAR. I won't say is weak or bad, but I really doubt in its current state Harbinger will ever outclass Reaper or Scourge outside PvE.

Vindicator: Renegade with Shiro/Jalis 2.0. I like the greatsword skills but the legends feel lame. The dodge mechanic has a very big improvement potential although I personally dislike it, there was no need of it. Maybe Viktor will be a thing for zerg.

Untamed: played for some hours. If I could refund the invested hero points, I would.

Thief: this one, I haven't played it for much so there isn't much to say. Looks very cool, the wells are very good and I like the fact it doesn't rely on stealth like Deadeye. The scepter skills feel a bit slow, specially Scepter #3.

It seems like none of them were designed with competitive modes in mind, pretty much open world PvE specs which is kind of funny in itself as that's the place where classes and builds don't even matter so now we have this mess.

Reminds me of the gif where the received fax went directly to the shredder below as that is probably what happened with all the feedback for the specs, going by how little changes they made and how clunky some apparently still feel.

Edit: found it: https://i.imgur.com/s1Yltie.mp4

Edited by Xenon Z.6015

Load up Bladesworn.

Try to solo tower lord.

Takes 15 minutes because the PVE damage depends on dragon trigger.

Fight a roamer.

Going okay. Tons of sustain. Slowly wearing them down (despite being full glass).

Obliterated from full b/c I've only got 1 block/evade.

Log out warrior. Back to vindi cause at least I can swap to herald then.

Edited by ens.9854
  • Like 2