I feel like I'm playing WoW pvp

Sit back and one shot with your vind rev.

Send your mech out and get 500k dmg per match on your eng.

Chase people with superspeed and auto attack everyone to death with your necro. 

I'm trying to refuse to play these two button meta god classes right now but super lame so far.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

It feels like this is just a test phase for anet to get more data to tune now that the specs have their base design. Surprisingly after facing those three consistently, I would have to say mech is the most overtuned atm, the other two are kind of one trick ponies while mech seems consistently strong and as time goes by I think it’ll grow even more obvious.

• Haha 1

I'd play WoW arena if it had soloQ. Not fun waiting over an hour for an RBG or arena you may not win in. It's one thing to have PTSD from soloQ they tried in the past but they just removed it and were like "okay, that's good," and now WoW arena is dead. 

WoW pvp is about trading cd's, setting up kills, forcing stun breaks(not everyone has 2+ on lower cooldown than stuns in that game!) and bursting people when they have nothing up. This game is NOTHING like WoWs - which is why it's pvp is absolutely terrible. It's just spamming buttons.

11 hours ago, Hem.7514 said:

It feels like this is just a test phase for anet to get more data to tune now that the specs have their base design. Surprisingly after facing those three consistently, I would have to say mech is the most overtuned atm, the other two are kind of one trick ponies while mech seems consistently strong and as time goes by I think it’ll grow even more obvious.

They should be testing the game themselves, not wasting 6 months of PvPers time to their job for them. Completely unacceptable.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

WoW pvp is about trading cd's, setting up kills, forcing stun breaks(not everyone has 2+ on lower cooldown than stuns in that game!) and bursting people when they have nothing down. This game is NOTHING like WoWs - which is why it's pvp is absolutely terrible. It's just spamming buttons.

They should be testing the game themselves, not wasting 6 months of PvPers time to their job for them. Completely unacceptable.

Trading CDs is fun but not really balanced. Invoke the spirits buffed to a 60s CD in WoW is more powercreep than anything in GW2 has. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

Agreed. Not to mention the especs are not any different than what they were in the last beta so they should of adjusted from there, or just test themselves as you said… but at the same time some things don’t really need testing to see that it’s ridiculous, so I don’t know : /

Edited by Hem.7514

On 3/9/2022 at 10:06 AM, Ragnarvor.2351 said:

Sit back and one shot with your vind rev.

Send your mech out and get 500k dmg per match on your eng.

Chase people with superspeed and auto attack everyone to death with your necro. 

I'm trying to refuse to play these two button meta god classes right now but super lame so far.

So when it comes to the mech, is it the tether range that's the issue in your opinion? Just trying to find out more as to why people hate the golem so much, since no one is really saying why on the forum.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Xenash.1245 said:

So when it comes to the mech, is it the tether range that's the issue in your opinion? Just trying to find out more as to why people hate the golem so much, since no one is really saying why on the forum.

Read some post and most complains are..

1. Too much hp

2. defbar

3. can't be blinded 

4. it has its own stats

5. too much dps direct and condi

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brokensunday.4098 said:

Read some post and most complains are..

1. Too much hp

2. defbar

3. can't be blinded 

4. it has its own stats

5. too much dps direct and condi

Yes I'm aware of the things people are saying, but the comments people are making don't really amount to much. Like for example some people are saying they don't like the defiance bar and say it's unfair, but they don't really say why aside from their clear distaste for it. The same can be said for the rest of the comments being made aside from I believe one person I've seen so far that talked about how the golems stats should be based on the players, and not given it's own innate stats. Which personally I have no idea if that should be the case, but that doesn't stop it from being a perfectly fair comment.

Anyway yeah again a lot of people aren't saying much, as everything they're saying just amounts to "I don't like thing"

Edited by Xenash.1245
  • Thanks 1

FFXIV PvP is amazing compared to the state of this game.  And the idiot devs don't even say a word as to when the fix is coming.  This is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen from a game company ever!!  And I'm sure I'll get a vacation for calling the devs idiots, but you know, they deserve it for not saying a word about this.

Maybe they should grow a pair and address their massive screw up instead of banning people for calling them out and calling them idiots like they are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

I wish arena net didn't like necros so much and have a little compassion to eles and warriors. my sister plays open world and got mechanist she can pretty much burst an enemy down with mace auto attack and literally doesn't care about incoming damage at all

Edited by Infinity.2876
  • Like 1

Why is anyone playing gw2 PvP in 2022 anyway? This mode has been abandoned for years (not counting a few bad balance patches). I couldn't believe the audacity and arrogance of not releasing any PvP content with EoD. It's sad and laughable.

Go play Lost Ark if you want a good PvP ARPG. Devs don't abandon game modes. Seasons starts in a week or two.

Edited by mistsim.2748
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Rufo.3716 said:

FFXIV PvP is amazing compared to the state of this game

I used to think FFXIV was the worst pvp a human could create, then I played current GW2 pvp.

1 hour ago, mistsim.2748 said:

Go play Lost Ark if you want a good PvP ARPG. Devs don't abandon game modes. Seasons starts in a week or two.

If you enjoy pay to win pve, 8 hours of daiilies on 4 characters a day, and endless CC in pvp, sure

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Thanks 1

you can't really compare this to how bad WoW pvp has gotten but it has went downhill a bit.

I mean in one game I just equipped rocket boots and shift signet with the rifle, the only thing I had was cc and mobility and we won purely because I was able to just instantly jump to a point, cap it and just spam cc on anyone trying to contest that, basically playing the game without actually having to really play the game thanks to being far too mobile, after all if they did threaten me through my cc I could simply jump to another point in seconds...

In theory it would be legit gameplay to just use the personal battering ram with that and just spam knock people off nodes for decaps/caps.

Edited by Stalima.5490

5 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

I used to think FFXIV was the worst pvp a human could create, then I played current GW2 pvp.

If you enjoy pay to win pve, 8 hours of daiilies on 4 characters a day, and endless CC in pvp, sure

you only get endless cced when you suck.
lost ark's CC system is weird and complex, but when you get it its actually really fun.

On 3/10/2022 at 11:15 AM, Hem.7514 said:

"Test Phase", Right. Theyve had 2 betas and ignored all the complaints and suggestions.

Edited by Caedmon.6798

On 3/11/2022 at 4:12 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

PvP is equalized. Endless CC if you don't understand the mechanics. Unlike GW2, it actually has deep mechanics that you have to study up on. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

How much condis shall we add to this skill ?
Anet: ALLL OF THEMMMMM!!!!!!

Funny enough this is just basically a Spite Signet for an elite, only it's a AoE and without debilitating conditions, and in-trade 1 stack of confusion and burn. 

Edited by Lucentfir.7430

8 hours ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

Funny enough this is just basically a Spite Signet for an elite, only it's a AoE and without debilitating conditions, and in-trade 1 stack of confusion and burn. 

|Its also great hows there literally no animation to it and its instant cast. Theres skills with heavy animations that do way less dmg or condi applies on other specs. Nec/Guard is really Anets favorite spec and i wish they would get off of that  mentality.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Like 1

Well I got took.

I bought into the "PVP HYPE TRAIN FOR EOD!!!".  Purchased the collectors EOD. 

Look at release notes, Never even installed.   Thats the last dollar they get from me ever.

I'm done with these companies false hype just to get more sales.  Purchased a stupid expansion of garbage PVE and wont even touch it.

Edited by Wrain.6792