I guess I'm not going to get the siege turtle.

9 hours ago, Tom.6478 said:

This is not really a complaint. Some things in this game are, or should be for the better players.

I never do strike missions because I'm not that good. My fingers and reflexes are poor. And since I don't do them, I have a hard time to even understanding the mechanics of and given mission.

The two times I have tried this mission was embarrassing. Thats not fun.

I just wish there was an alternative way to get the thruster control unit even if it took a lot of grinding

i am a wvw player,never done strikes or raids cause im playing alone!!
Yesterday saw in lfg a group without requirements for the turtle strike,i joined tell them that its my 1st time but they didnt kick me! I even found a build for my scourge in a snow something (guild?) page on internet!! I dont have builds for anything else only for wvw!
We failed 2 times,two said will find another group and left,next two came and we did it!!
Commander was really good and explained all the mechanics,when we realised what to do,it was like a walk in the park!

Edited by alteriel valie.4751
  • Like 3

Have you tried attemp it as guild or pre-made squad?

Chosing your team is not part of luck but skill

And skill you earn by practice togheter with similar ppl with goals similar as you

And from giving thay best to achive what thay did, thay erned my "wow😮"

Turtle Mount is not good compare to other mounts in any way, it's good only as "Treasure" to show off you have somethink that other not, and thats what making that mount valuable

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

30 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Wow, someone won RNGesus roulette and luckily beat meta also luckily got a team capable of beating overscaled sponge hp in strike, such prestige, such wows, I'm gonna drop on my knees from all that shine from such persona.
Treasures have some value, turtle has none beside wasted hours.

TrollingDemigod

I guess your intentions here are as clear as your nickname

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 2

If you give up on the mount because of a Strike did you really want that mount in the first place?

35 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Wow, someone won RNGesus roulette and luckily beat meta also luckily got a team capable of beating overscaled sponge hp in strike, such prestige, such wows, I'm gonna drop on my knees from all that shine from such persona.
Treasures have some value, turtle has none beside wasted hours.

I would like to understand how luck is involved in the meta at this point, let alone in the Strike. After so many fixes you can no longer blame RNG for fails.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 8

21 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

What not wanting to be pushed into high-end content and preferring low intensity gameplay have to do with single or multiplayer?

Because you speak of a point of "Me, me, me." That has something to do with it.

And it's a good thing you can choose not to do high-end content, it's entierly optional ! The thing is, the strike involved in the turtle collcetion is not high end, not even in the slightest, there's no timer, there's no CC requirements, there's not even a dps requirement. And the only thing you need to do is do dodge like 3 whole mechanics with more than obvious tells.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

I am worry a bit when I finally get the meta done, there won't be anyone on lfg doing strike mission anymore lol.

Many players enjoy the strike missions and do them for the currency, there will be groups in LFG. No need to worry. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

33 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

If you give up on the mount because of a Strike did you really want that mount in the first place?

What it is, the "if you don't want to eat the veggies, did you really want the dessert" childish level attempt at persuasion? Hint: even kids are usually smart enough to see through it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

What it is, the "if you don't want to eat the veggies, did you really want the dessert" childish level attempt at persuasion? Hint: even kids are usually smart enough to see through it.

What about attidute of geting evrythink in one day? 

It's like taking a child to store that yells to buy him cookies cuz he want it now 😕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 8

Friend of mine has the same issue, we carried her. She layed dead 95% of the fight and got it.

I do agree that it is a way to force people into content they do not enjoy doing at all.

Games should be about enjoying yourself... plus... it break the "easy to get" and also, the Mount is the main advertisement for EoD.

Keep looking, there are enough people out there helping out players just like you.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, KeoLegend.5132 said:

TrollingDemigod

I guess your intentions here are as clear as your nickname

Facts will remain facts, doesn't matter who and with what name has presented them, that's the reality. Should have used /s I guess.

35 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

I would like to understand how luck is involved in the meta at this point, let alone in the Strike. After so many fixes you can no longer blame RNG for fails.

What "many fixes"? You mean that reduced bite attack? Or maybe bug fixes? RNGesus still is the dictating factor of wins or loses on that meta, skill is optional.
Strike mission isn't hard, it only requires you to get competent humans that don't get downed 24/7, which isn't that easy.
Just to be clear, I've already unlocked turtle, but calling it something "prestigious" is a bit of unaccaptable when the criteria for obtaining it is "get lucky" instead of "be skillful".

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

Friend of mine has the same issue, we carried her. She layed dead 95% of the fight and got it.

I do agree that it is a way to force people into content they do not enjoy doing at all.

Games should be about enjoying yourself... plus... it break the "easy to get" and also, the Mount is the main advertisement for EoD.

Keep looking, there are enough people out there helping out players just like you.

it's becase ppl treat it as like if it's natural right for them to obtain it racher then Reward

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

8 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

If we are down to childish examples my parents would whoop my kitten if despite them allowing me to eat less of the "vegetables" I'd still demand more sweets.

Anet lowered the difficulty of the meta to the point where pug groups succeed, now you get the chance to just bypass the meta people were putting effort into succeeding while many people stood on the sidelines complaining.

Now that many people got the meta done they swapped to complaining about the Strike, what will be next? The Kale?

4 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

What "many fixes"? You mean that reduced bite attack? Or maybe bug fixes? RNGesus still is the dictating factor of wins or loses on that meta, skill is optional.

I'd love to see you finish this meta with people not dodging anything, not CCing and dealing maybe 3-4k DPS, since as you mentioned skill is optional.

5 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Strike mission isn't hard, it only requires you to get competent humans that don't get downed 24/7, which isn't that easy.
Just to be clear, I've already unlocked turtle, but calling it something "prestigious" is a bit of unaccaptable when the criteria for obtaining it is "get lucky" instead of "be skillful".

If getting 9 people who play with their screen turned on is difficult you might want to do Strikes in a different time frame.

And again, we are past the time when you could say the entire fight is RNG.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 10

4 hours ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

I personaly like that mount is locked behide harder content

If you spot someone with Turtle, your racher thinking "wow 😮" and it's give more of Prestige for having it

It's more of like treauser 🥰

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's more like "wow, that guy must have been incredibly lucky to catch a meta map that accidently was free from trolls and additionally had rng shine on it. lucky kitten." There's definetly no prestige or admirement in that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 4

Difficulty is subjective to the person.  Just because content is not hard for YOU does not mean it is not hard for someone else.  And, I think that is where everyone gets lost. 

I did the meta until I got the egg.  I will not touch the meta again because I do not like the difficulty.  I did the strike one time with my guild to get that part of the collection.  I may or may not go back and do it again.  

As for the turtle being "valuable" and a " symbol of prestige,"  it's not.  People will start selling the Strike mission just like they sell Raids for legendary armor.  I'm honestly surprised it's not already happening.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

I won't have much trouble with my turtle since I'm used to this kind of content, but some of the comments in these threads completely baffle me and reek of self-centeredness.

Since when did a major selling point feature of an expansion become a "prestige" or "optional" item?

This isn't some extra mount added in Living World. A huge amount of the money players sunk into the gemstore during IceBrood Saga and later expansion preorders paid for its development and took away from other areas of the game, and it took resources away from more important parts of the expo itself and is alot of why it feels rushed, yet you tell players "they don't need it".

You might want to keep that in mind.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

it's becase ppl treat it as like if it's natural right for them to obtain it racher then Reward

In PoF, mounts were features that let you play the game in a new way. In playing with the mounts, you got rewards.

In EoD, the mount has become the reward instead.

I don't want rewards handed to me. I would like the base turtle to be a way I play the game, not a reward.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, zidane.5194 said:

Difficulty is subjective to the person.  Just because content is not hard for YOU does not mean it is not hard for someone else.  And, I think that is where everyone gets lost. 

I did the meta until I got the egg.  I will not touch the meta again because I do not like the difficulty.  I did the strike one time with my guild to get that part of the collection.  I may or may not go back and do it again.  

As for the turtle being "valuable" and a " symbol of prestige,"  it's not.  People will start selling the Strike mission just like they sell Raids for legendary armor.  I'm honestly surprised it's not already happening.

Selling is already happening and its very cheap aswell.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Do you want 20 dollars? It is in that steaming pile of kitten. All you need to do is put your hand in it and pull it out. It's not hard, you can do it. Just imagine it's pudding and don't smell it. It is easy...

It isn't always about what players are or are not able to do or learn. It is mostly about what do they consider fun and what they want to do. To some, the above situation will be free 20 bucks. Others will pass.

Edited by Yanosh.2631
typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 9

19 minutes ago, KurokouNekoki.7891 said:

Gonna be honest, if this is the type of treatment the Devs are giving the Casuals, how about "NEVER AGAIN"?

oh yea...how terrible, putting a mount behind a very simple introduction to 10 player content how inhumane...

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 8