Do you use your Turtle?

weirdly the only meta that requires it(Aspenwood) is treated like a minor meta(few rewards), sometimes i just see only myself running a squad to do it.. also the meta sometimes bug and don't trigger!!!.

But theres still hope when LS6 come out.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

I don't think I am even going to bother getting it unless I accidentally end up in a DE instance and happen to complete the meta but seeing how long it seems to be that is unlikely.

You aware you can buy the collection starter from the red scroll npcs in the DE zone?

Its a great tool for taking someone new through a tour, HP train, a few MP train if you are not a mesmer or don't have watchwork portal, surprise them here and there let them have fun shooting the cannons while i cry from the inside cuz i never get to shoot it myself, i don't even have access to the speedboost utility.

The turtle is a complete trash when i'm alone but if i have a friend with me its really fun so its a plus to some extent.

• Like 4

Yeah, the turtle has been dramatically overrated and overhyped by Anet. There is so little use for it in DE that it might just as well not exist.

So many people aching for the turtle only to discover its trash, surely fills them with a bad taste.

Things to improve the turtle:

1: For the driver, the significant aftercast delay after using the 1 skill needs to go away or be dramatically shortened.  Reduce the damage of the skill to compensate if needed. It directly hinders you moving to regin ammo for the rider.

2: Too few shots for the turtle before you have to run and stomp around in the hope to regenerate shots. Surely upsetting aim of your rider.,, but also bodyblocking/hiding stuff for the other players because you need to keep moving.  Increase the number of shots to 10.

3: Remove the turtle siege enhancer chip and fold the +20% damage into the cannons. There is completely no need for this chip to exist. None of the other mounts are dependent on such a performance enhancer. Which grows even further sad with the turtle's already subpar performance and use.   

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

For fun I enjoy stomping around and frying mobs with in while farming for kale to sell 😁

Kale did become ridiculously expensive lol. I should park an alt at some spots hahaha. 😛

7 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

No. It doesn’t have any real use other than for like a couple events designed for it. 

Right? I mean I wanna use it, but at this point it would have been better as a WvW mount. At least there I'd actually have something to do with it.

Inguess i coumd use it for fun idk... lol.

7 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I use it. I help a few people in my guild who are older and have trouble following me around. This allows me to go from place to play without waiting for them to find me and catch up. lol

Edit: One other use is that if you're in a zone with a friend and you have a waypoint at the far side of the zone and they don't, you can pull out your turtle, let them hop on, and they'll get there and get the waypoint.

That's very niche lol. 😛

But it's nice that you're doing that for them and nice that slight a use out of yours. 🙂

The problem for me is, the fun part is the gunner, and to be a gunner, I don't need to have mine unlocked at all lol. Except for that mastery.

6 hours ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

I use it for CC when I know Cannonball won't suffice. Like public Dragonstorm clashing Champions or the cannons in Seitung Meta.

It's pretty cool in that niche.

Nice! Thanks, didn't know it can CC. Will keep that in mind!

6 hours ago, Leaa.2943 said:

Nope i got it and after that i never used it. I mean i could the times i done the meta in Dragons End but others is doing it and you can just dps anyway so i rather do that then trying to move around in the super small area to faster get ammo back. It does not make any sense why they make such a small area when they added a skill that require your driver to move for you to get ammo back faster.

It is also used a a afk chair at the event in Fort Aspenwood which made me stop doing that event because i wont do the upscaled boss with 15 players whilst 30 is sitting on the turtles  out in the hallway. Why did they not close that room to start with completely mindblowing. 

So no i have not used my Turtle yet. Maybe i will in future if there is use of it in a event or race or the like..I do whish though that they would give the driver a option to use the cannons if they do not have a person to coop with. 

The Skiff though that is a whole other matter, i use it so much and love it. I might love Siege Turtle later so i am not hating on it, i just dont find a reason to use it. 

Yes, I want to use the cannons as the driver!

Maybe a weaker version so thr coop partner has a e, but driving and just stomp is kinda boring. 

And the skiff i have no problem with, I use it too. 🙂

I'm also not having the turtle, and it's very nice looking, but just haven't found a reason to use it over other mounts.

Maybe if they add a single player cannon...

6 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I said I didn't like it pre-release, and I have not changed my mind afterwards. So no, you are not the only one, and it was predictable that it would be a disappointment if you had tried it during the beta. 😉

I did try it during beta but I thought they add uses for it throughout the world, like being able to summon it mid combat would be nice to get away or cc, maybe once every idk, 30 minutes, or upgrade it with jade bot chip that allows it to do that, and have a cooldown like the rez thing.

I mean they did announce it as a combat mount...

3 hours ago, Pinkeh.4207 said:

I use it in drizztwood south meta all the time. Knock down those gates.   

Cool, and drizzlewood is kinda like wvw lol so I guess we did get a wvw mount after all hahahah.

2 hours ago, BadHealer.3608 said:

It is a short fun if you are doing content with a friend. Like many low hp mobs in one line. And the underwater fight is interesting. Still this is one of the most useless mounts.

I completely forgot it can go underwater...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Nice! Thanks, didn't know it can CC. Will keep that in mind!

Please don't.

Unless you're a player who does nothing but auto attack a boss and refuses to dodge any and all mechanics then you will always be contributing significantly more via dps, boonshare, heals, cleanses and your own cc abilities than you will by sitting on a turtle and doing nothing but pressing slam every 5 seconds.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Bookah pls.9352 said:

Please don't.

Unless you're a player who does nothing but auto attack a boss and refuses to dodge any and all mechanics then you will always be contributing significantly more via dps, boonshare, heals, cleanses and your own cc abilities than you will by sitting on a turtle and doing nothing but pressing slam every 5 seconds.

Using slam regenerates ammo for your rider.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Using slam regenerates ammo for your rider.

I'm sure when the day comes that anet replaces meta bosses with siege walls that have breakbars this information will be relevant.

Until that day comes, you now have 2 people contributing less than they would if they just got off the turtle.

Edited by Bookah pls.9352
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bookah pls.9352 said:

I'm sure when the day comes that anet introduce siege walls that have breakbars this information will be relevant.

Until that day comes, you now have 2 people contributing less than they would if they just got off the turtle.

That I agree with, I just wanted to point out that the skill wasnt entirely useless.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

I use it during meta events to study what the brouder player base thinks about the performance of A-Nets "fist combat mount". For the most part I keep seeing comments like this so my provisionally conclusion is that the general consensus seems to be that the combat capabilities of the mount are currently vastly underperforming but ofc. I need to conduct further research to make any definitive statements.

Well... it is a siege turtle, so having bad combat capabilities outside of a few situations with buildings, doors or walls to break is pretty much how it should work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Geckoo.6018 said:

Well... it is a siege turtle, so having bad combat capabilities outside of a few situations with buildings, doors or walls to break is pretty much how it should work.

And yet if you look at its unlock description there is nothing that implies that it's only supposed to be useful in limited situations and it specifically states that the turtle "deals great damage". I don't think one can fault the players for using a gameplay feature in the way the game has presented it to them but I do think that its on the devs to make sure that it delivers in that regard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bookah pls.9352 said:

Please don't.

Yeah, i kinda tried this i Drizzlewood meta today...

I just dismounted and did my normal skills, the slam, even when the player mounted the canons, just sucks.

Won't be doing that again. Just wanted to find a use for the turtle lol.

9 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

And yet if you look at its unlock description there is nothing that implies that it's only supposed to be useful in limited situations and it specifically states that the turtle "deals great damage". I don't think one can fault the players for using a gameplay feature in the way the game has presented it to them but I do think that its on the devs to make sure that it delivers in that regard.

You still need to balance that against players themselves doing damage. Otherwise the meta will revolve around everyone pairing up on their turtles, slamming and shooting the boss. 

And since players themselves do enormous amounts of damage, having turtle do more "to be useful" will result in just that.

A good middle ground would be making it the only mount you can mount in combat, and then you have a brief period to use slam or gtfo the fight. If you use slam, you get it idk, 2 times before you're dismounted and you can't mount in combat for next 5 minutes. If you yeet it out of the combat range, you stay on your mount and be on your way.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

You still need to balance that against players themselves doing damage.

Which can go up to over 20k DPS per person and even 13-15k is realistic for LI builds (by comparison the turtle does currently about 2,5k which is way too low).

21 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Otherwise the meta will revolve around everyone pairing up on their turtles, slamming and shooting the boss. 

Only if you make it stronger than the actual players, the allied combat transformations in DRMs had about 12k DPS and "the meta" was to ignore them completely. Also, keep in mind that the turtle has a gigantic hitbox, can't efficiently dodge attacks and has no way to re-sustain itself so it will die when faced with pressure.

29 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

making it the only mount you can mount in combat

TBH this should have already been the case given that it's the only mount with a CD for remounting after its death.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tails.9372 said:

My class is a guardian, not a siege turtle. So i fully understand that a combat mount is less effective to play the game than my class. I call it common sense, no need for in-game descriptions to be written by a lawyer.

And just to be clear, you'll never see me blaming anyone for using the turtle whenever they want, have fun with it! but don't expect a mount to be competitive against someone playing their class, even playing their class badly.

Edited by Geckoo.6018
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Geckoo.6018 said:

My class is a guardian, not a siege turtle. So i fully understand that a combat mount is less effective to play the game than my class. I call it common sense, no need for in-game descriptions to be written by a lawyer.

And just to be clear, you'll never see me blaming anyone for using the turtle whenever they want, have fun with it! but don't expect a mount to be competitive against someone playing their class, even playing their class badly.

I think the gist is that there is not enough places requiring siege damage to make the turtle feel remotely useful.

• Thanks 2