Rip warrior

LordHT.8297

13 minutes ago, Tiagoht.7549 said:

To be honest the only person who asked for this kind of bubble change was Teapot in his stream.

And how much time does he actually spend in wvw?

Funny enough I tune into his stream right now and he's on that part of the patch notes saying warriors won't be dead from that change and if anything they can use battle standard instead.... He also called for mesmer nerfs before(which is why I don't watch him). But hey congrats anet, for listening to a clueless content creator, I'm sure this will get him some more views and you some more players in wvw...... 🤭 😆 🤪

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Gais, the bubble was distorting the wvw meta, stability stripping was bad! use your banner instead cause we don't have enough res skills from necro guard mesmers, we need moar!

https://clips.twitch.tv/PolishedBoxyOctopusArgieB8-KLnr7W2YtUi5yHY6

Aha cause teapot has been raiding on warrior for years daily to know what it does....

And how a mesmer brings better rezz utility mid fight and how scourge outstrips and how herald/dh outdmges.......Warrior is fine!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

They actually nerfed Warrior again. Warrior is such a meme. 

Edit: Imagine actually watching Teapot, lol. Yeah Warriors are totally fine, losing the thing that helped against the mass boon spam, such a great idea. Yeah WvW is currently in the best spot its been for ages guys! Warrior was so broken it was messing up wvw entirely! Now that we can't boon strip as easily, we can finally enjoy wvw, right? right?? 

Edited by Gorem.8104
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Shroud.2307 said:

"Even more"?????

You mean, has potential to make any kind of impact at all? Because, before this, and probably still, it was essentially pointless to play Condi large scale.
What are you doing that makes you think Condi is impactful in zergs? Picking flowers in the middle of red circles?

Why is it pointless to play condi? Just curious? Cause I also see its useless to play melee in big zergs

3 minutes ago, Legend of Rogue.5394 said:

Why is it pointless to play condi? Just curious? Cause I also see its useless to play melee in big zergs

Because of passive things that turns all condi into boons. Like Purity of Purpose for example, when you debuff the enemy, you are actually passively buffing them. All depends on what classes are down there. However if everyone was power and did their bursts, that is how you get kills. During no down state events on my Power classes its possible to wipe out groups of 6 or more solo with power much easier then condi. 

12 minutes ago, Legend of Rogue.5394 said:

It's not really useless. People don't know what they are talking about and think because they brought one burnbrand to a zerg of power players it doesn't work.

The point of conditions is to overwhelm, to do that you need everyone on board doing it. People got a taste of what a condition meta would be like back during peak scourge meta, despite that being a power meta. The conditions would just just tear zergs up via tail generation.

The thing most people won't bring up as to being the downside of conditions that IS actually a problem is that many condi clears 'look' for conditions to clear, and if they can't find it in a party they will look in the squad. So a zerg with a proper support set up can clear conditions faster than they get applied unless you actually bring a relevant amount of condition damage dealers.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Because of passive things that turns all condi into boons. Like Purity of Purpose for example, when you debuff the enemy, you are actually passively buffing them. All depends on what classes are down there. However if everyone was power and did their bursts, that is how you get kills. During no down state events on my Power classes its possible to wipe out groups of 6 or more solo with power much easier then condi. 

So I was playing boon stripping on my necro with Trailblazers. I tried running Harbinger and that is ok? What do you think will see more play? Willbender? Power Harbinger? I really do not know what to play? I picked up Firebrand just to have some fun but Im stumped. It just seems Rangers, Thiefs, Firebrands and Scourges, Scrapper

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, God.2708 said:

It's not really useless. People don't know what they are talking about and think because they brought one burnbrand to a zerg of power players it doesn't work.

The point of conditions is to overwhelm, to do that you need everyone on board doing it. People got a taste of what a condition meta would be like back during peak scourge meta, despite that being a power meta. The conditions would just just tear zergs up via tail generation.

The thing most people won't bring up as to being the downside of conditions that IS actually a problem is that many condi clears 'look' for conditions to clear, and if they can't find it in a party they will look in the squad. So a zerg with a proper support set up can clear conditions faster than they get applied unless you actually bring a relevant amount of condition damage dealers.

So when I play Zerg I do not play in Guilds or on discord so you get those random scragglers like me. I dont see much condi at all, mainly power and boon builds anymore? What constitutes as a good Condi meta or what classes support the right amount of Condi damage? 

Completely backwards change.  Imagine getting caught by the perfect bubble, you have the defbuff on you, and you just press Stand Your Ground and walk out anyway.  Feels so wrong. 

If they wanted to nerf bubble while keeping its functionality, how about removing the projectile block aspect of it?  You know, so there's not a gigantic 5 second AoE in the middle of the fight that blocks an unlimited amount of projectiles.  That way bubble isn't quite as strong, but it still serves its intended purpose and still feels rewarding to play for the Spellbreaker. 

Do the same with the Scrapper stab bubble.  There is so much projectile block that it makes ranged builds completely useless against any type of group, and it limits the meta to only classes with AoE ground-based damage.  (DH, Rev, Scourge).   If you nerf that aspect of bubble, then it also indirectly buffs some classes that depend on projectiles. 

Edited by SWI.4127
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Don't worry guys they buffed all of those support spellbreaker skills/traits.

"To compensate for the nerf to WoD, we wanted to give a little something to support spellbreaker."

Proceeds to buff shout Bladesworn.  Hmmmmmm....

Edited by solo.1279
  • Like 2

I stopped doing zerg fights like 2 years ago, now I only roam and I do that on str spb. So personally I'm not even remotely affected.

Even so... I can only wonder who looks at current zerg fights and goes "...yeah we need less/no counterplay for the boon vomit".

Can't want to see what they are gonna screw up in the alleged balance changes coming in summer. I wasn't expecting anything from the announced balance changes for today, yet they are disappointing. So I should maybe expect to be disappointed from the incoming big changes, for good expectation management??

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 2

Winds of Disenchantment at release was like a black hole, anyone who was sucked into it would die literally immediately. That's so OP but I actually liked the fun. Before this patch release, I thought WoD could actually use some buff, or at least Spellbreaker or Warrior in general could use some buff.

Nope, a big nerf to WoD, what? They did admit that's a big nerf, and then the compensation was so little in comparison. I do appreciate Hammer got buffed slightly, but CC still does no damage, and I am really not sure if it's a good idea to shorten the cooldown for CC for more CC spam. (not that this will make an impact, just the idea in general... I think a better way to balance CC should give it better damage and longer cooldown to encourage better timing)

If they really want to push Warrior considering Battle Standard, why not make Castle Lord banner-able again? Let's make Battle Standard and eternal battle castle great again! (Of course this is joking, but that's really hilarious. Can we make this seasonal like no downstate pirate ship event?)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

I stopped doing zerg fights like 2 years ago, now I only roam and I do that on str spb. So personally I'm not even remotely affected.

Even so... I can only wonder who looks at current zerg fights and goes "...yeah we need less/no counterplay for the boon vomit".

Can't want to see what they are gonna screw up in the alleged balance changes coming in summer. I wasn't expecting anything from the announced balance changes for today, yet they are disappointing. So I should maybe expect to be disappointed from the incoming big changes, for good expectation management??

the conclusion for us is really easy. warrior is gone. nobody runs a hard to setup bubble that has zero use. not worth the slot, people can bring literally any other meta class and its more useful than warrior now. it's the next ranger now

@Coldtart.4785 if ele meteor shower would get removed basically, also nobody would need weavers anymore. and since tempest cannot swap to dmg if necessary then, ele would also be banned if that nerf would happen.

warri has decent support but only the bubble really mad its use legit. it's a lesser smaller pockethealer with a bit strip-options , but the bubble (WoD) was its big use. gone, ded, next.

Edited by kamikharzeeh.8016
  • Like 3

I don't bring ele to organised groups at all because despite what people who spend more time looking at arc than the game might think, staff weaver is completely useless. Even if it was useful it would be as a one skill wonder just like warrior used to be before this patch. So I ask again: was it satisfying to play your class in a build that is only used for one skill and leaves you twiddling your thumbs for 90s at a time?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Coldtart.4785 said:

I don't bring ele to organised groups at all because despite what people who spend more time looking at arc than the game might think, staff weaver is completely useless. Even if it was useful it would be as a one skill wonder just like warrior used to be before this patch. So I ask again: was it satisfying to play your class in a build that is only used for one skill and leaves you twiddling your thumbs for 90s at a time?

So nerfing the bubble and yet still leaving them to twiddle their thumbs for 90s is ok? I doubt the hammer changes will have any impact on the meta. Meanwhile idiots like teapot are suggesting they become banner slaves again, lol.

• Like 3

You're missing my point. What I'm saying is that warrior wasn't actually any more viable before this patch than after it, there was just this one game breaking skill only warriors could use. If you're a warrior main you weren't really playing warrior, you were just playing a bubble placer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3