Can we get to maps without having to go through stories over and over with secondary characters?

I have more than - let's say - 5 characters. Quite a few more. And these characters would love to go to other maps besides core Tyria.

I have all the GW2 content. Full access everywhere.

But if I want to bring a new character in any of the maps of the expansions or LWs, I have to go through the same stories over and over and over. Not only it's a waste of time, but it gets boring. The second time, it's ok. But the 5th, 6th, etc times it makes you want to start pulling your hair.

I know, pretty much each zone has a teleport scroll. Ensues mixing and matching and putting in bank and retrieving from bank and logging out on one character to log in on another and so on.

I know, "shared inventory slots". But I'd rather buy outfits and skins and other stuff. Honestly, every time I have to buy a shared inventory slot, it makes me so mad I don't buy anything else for a month or two.

Edited by Anyandrell.6238
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 11

3 minutes ago, Anyandrell.6238 said:

I know, pretty much each zone has a teleport scroll. Ensues mixing and matching and putting in bank and retrieving from bank and logging out on one character to log in on another and so on.

I know, "shared inventory slots". But I'd rather buy outfits and skins and other stuff. Honestly, every time I have to buy a shared inventory slot, it makes me so mad I don't buy anything else for a month or two.

So you know about the solution that already exists for you but refuse to do anything about it?  This is definitely a you problem.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 14
  • Confused 3

The various teleport scrolls are made for this issue. When a new map comes out and you get the new scroll; temporarily put it in one of your shared inventory slots, ferry over the alts you want to get onto the new map, make sure each alt has at least 1 WP unlocked, then put the scroll back in your bank.

Alternately the guild halls will let you exit into the map that particular hall connects to. There are two guild halls in Heart of Thorns, one in Path of Fire, and one in End of Dragons. You'd just need to use your "Travel to Guild Hall" key, then exit out onto the map that guild hall connects to. You'd need to have a guild with a guild hall in each expansion region, and this won't work for LW season maps, though.

Teleport to friend will let you teleport to a map that isn't full.(You will get bounced and the TP to Friend wasted if the map is full)
I'm pretty sure that you need to own/have unlocked the map. But I'm not positive, since I use portal scrolls for alts once I have gotten onto the map the first time via story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe the best solution is that all map needs to have a portal that can be accessed by walking, like verdant brink from silverwastes, bitterfrost frontier from frost gorge and lake doric from divinity reach and haratho hinterlands, any other map excluding those two can only be accessed by scroll or stories from core map/expansion map. For example jahai bluffs has a portal from vabbi but can only be accessed through story

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Despot.3048 said:

I know. Let's have ANET give you 100% map completion upon first creating a character. Unlock every single WP in the game and hell, why not they just give you all specs unlocked at the same time as well. 

Their problem is pretty ridiculous, but it is unacceptable for you to compare it to "I want everything done immediately" misdirect.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Anyandrell.6238 said:

They have teleport scroll books for this.  4 Shared inventory slots.  This is what shared inventory slots are for.

1 for LWS3

1 for LWS4

1 for Icebrood

1 for EoD

They give you one slot for owning PoF and one slot for Eod.  So you need to find 2 others.  If you'd rather spend your gems on skins and outfits instead of shared inventory slots, then that's your priority and you'll have to suffer the inconvenience of bank-switching.

Edited by Shreek.8120
  • Like 3

I wouldn't really mind them improving the portal UI as it can get confusing with all the maps, but scrolls aren't very expensive,. sooo...?

Also teleport to friends are pretty handy if you are lazy in case you don't even want to buy the scrolls for some reason.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1

Using the portal scrolls can save you money too.  Need to go to Orr for the daily?  Season 3, Episode 6 Siren's Reef.  The waypoint costs from Siren's Reef to Malchor's or Cursed Shores are going to be 2-3 silver cheaper than going there from Divinity's Reach.  Need to go to Divinity's Reach?  Season 3, Episode 4 Lake Doric.  Then do a back-flip through the gate into DR for free.  Daily forager/miner/lumberer in Shiverpeaks?  IBS to Drizzlewood or Bjora Marches.  Ascalon?  Grothmar Valley.  Desert daily?  Domain of Istan, Sandswept Isles, Jahai Bluffs, or Domain of Kourna.

For free.  Yes, it only saves two or three silver, but, you add that up over 3 dailies per day and you've saved a gold over a couple of weeks.  That's the gold equivalent of an extra set of dailies every month.  Not huge money, no.  But, are dailies the only time you waypoint from one side of Tyria to the other?

• Like 4

Just in case you didnt know you can enter Hot through Silverwastes anytime on any character. Or you can use the Gilded Hollow guild hall to enter Auric Basin if you have access to.

You can enter Domain of Vabbi through Jahain Bluffs, using Spearmarshal's Plea or also through guild hall.

• Like 1

I really miss a portal from LS (and EotN) to Amnoon, Taimi even speaks about it in the PoF-story-epilog.

Also a permanent portal from Rata-Sum to Rata-Novus (Taimi's Dragon labor, it's only active during the story, why?).

And Portals from the Orders to the Camp in the Silverwaste (similar to the portals to Fort Trinity. Do you know that there is a secret way from the LS Order of Wispers HQ to the Order of Wispers Cave in Blood-Tide Coast?)

A "solution" that is to spend RL money on MTX and hoard an enormous amount of scrolls to take up inventory or bank space, some of which aren't that easy to acquire to begin with, is not a solution. Browbeating MTX "solutions" to problems they intentionally designed, in general, just create resentment on the customer end in the long-term.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

A "solution" that is to spend RL money on MTX and hoard an enormous amount of scrolls to take up inventory or bank space, some of which aren't that easy to acquire to begin with, is not a solution. Browbeating MTX "solutions" to problems they intentionally designed, in general, just create resentment on the customer end in the long-term.

What does MTX stand for?

3 hours ago, Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.294 said:

Using the portal scrolls can save you money too.  Need to go to Orr for the daily?  Season 3, Episode 6 Siren's Reef.  The waypoint costs from Siren's Reef to Malchor's or Cursed Shores are going to be 2-3 silver cheaper than going there from Divinity's Reach. *Snip*

Sirens' reef counts as Orr, so u can do all the Orrian dailies there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Labjax.2465 said:

You can put scrolls in tomes. So that's 5 spaces. Could that be streamlined a bit more? Yes, but that seems a bit dramatic.

Also it's not like you have to play the entire story to enter the area either. Many are pretty short.

And you get Teleport to friends for free from birthday gifts. If you have any friends, this makes it extremely trivial. Heck, you could just join a lfg squad and teleport straight to the commander.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

You can put scrolls in tomes. So that's 5 spaces. Could that be streamlined a bit more? Yes, but that seems a bit dramatic.

Also it's not like you have to play the entire story to enter the area either. Many are pretty short.

And you get Teleport to friends for free from birthday gifts. If you have any friends, this makes it extremely trivial. Heck, you could just join a lfg squad and teleport straight to the commander.

Nothing about what I said was dramatic, it's realistic about what the system is and the motives behind it. If it seems dramatic, that's probably because the reality of monetization in video games is rough to look at, even more so if you track the progression of it over the decades since video games became an industry. There was a time not that long ago that most games had hard limits on how much you could spend on them and I will repeat it even when it seems fruitless to say so we don't forget.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Nothing about what I said was dramatic, it's realistic about what the system is and the motives behind it. If it seems dramatic, that's probably because the reality of monetization in video games is rough to look at, even more so if you track the progression of it over the decades since video games became an industry. There was a time not that long ago that most games had hard limits on how much you could spend on them and I will repeat it even when it seems fruitless to say so we don't forget.

You do know that the scrolls are not single use right?

• Like 1