Bring legendaries to the gemstore just like china servers have it. COME ON ANET!

Legendarys are hard to acquire I find. And putting them on the gemstore would be a great idea I think. Chinese players already have access to this and I think it would be a great addition to Guild Wars 2 on NA and also bring them alot of profit. Some people don't have the time to make a legendary and work alot so doing this would make it easier to access them. Anet consider my post and look into this. I would definitely buy some if not all of them. 

if not oh well. lol maybe one day i will find the time to actually craft them. lataz

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 15
  • Confused 66
  • Sad 5

41 minutes ago, SourceOfTrippy.4207 said:

Legendarys are hard to acquire I find. And putting them on the gemstore would be a great idea I think. Chinese players already have access to this and I think it would be a great addition to Guild Wars 2 on NA and also bring them alot of profit. Some people don't have the time to make a legendary and work alot so doing this would make it easier to access them. Anet consider my post and look into this. I would definitely buy some if not all of them. 

if not oh well. lol maybe one day i will find the time to actually craft them. lataz

Paying so you can skip playing the game always seemed completely pointless and misguided to me and so does this thread . I only agree with one word from your post: lataz 🙋‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 20
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Paying so you can skip playing the game always seemed completely pointless and misguided to me and so does this thread . I only agree with one word from your post: lataz 🙋‍♂️

I am not necessarily in favor of the OP's suggestion, but very little of the legendary crafting process feels like, "playing the game," to me.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 15

waitwaitwaitwait Chinese players can buy legendries for money directly from the store? That's so dumb. That kinda defeats the purpose of playing the game at all. Plus I mean you can always just buy gold and do it, it being direct feels like a cliff that no one should jump 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

8 minutes ago, SLOTH.5231 said:

All you people saying no like you wouldn't buy the kitten if Anet actually put legendries in the gem store. You aren't fooling no one 😂

Depends on the price. The current gem to gold ratio means I am fine with my ascended weapons/trinkets.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, SourceOfTrippy.4207 said:

No. just buy gold with gems if you want and buy them from the trading post. Or if they aren't being sold there, it still comes down mostly to gold and few other things to do. The entire point of legendaries is to be able to get them by playing and doing various things ingame that cover different aspects of it. Reducing that to something in the gemstore would be utterly lame and ruin them

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

waitwaitwaitwait Chinese players can buy legendries for money directly from the store? That's so dumb. That kinda defeats the purpose of playing the game at all. Plus I mean you can always just buy gold and do it, it being direct feels like a cliff that no one should jump 

something something different gaming culture between east and west

The whole thing is fascinating and ties pretty heavily into why there's so many p2w freemium games in places like mobile phone app stores (tldr: they're popular and can make crazy money despite how f2p unfriendly they are), but yeah, I'm not surprised CN has access to straight-up p2"not play" options for their Gem Shop.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Pifil.5193 said:

Yeah, if you convert gems to gold you can get a gen 1 legendary for somewhere between 65 and 85 Euro or USD right about now. Enjoy!

Plus if they actually did do this and put legendarys in the gem store it would be interesting to see what they price them as. Because 65 to 85 euros I think would be over priced for a legendary. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 11

Adding them to be purchased just encourages some pretty predatory monetization. Being able to trade gold for gems was always a bit too close to the line IMO.

And you already conceded that buying gold either greatly eases the process as with Gen 2 or outright allows purchase as with Gen 1 and 3.

Seems to me  you are trying to cruise for a cheaper price.

Here is what you are going to have to accept: even if these could flat out be purchased, 65 - 85 dollars would STILL probably be the range. For all sorts of reasons.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Zoid.2568 said:

No please no, you can already convert gems to gold.

Yea but the cost is to much they are hoping in the store it will cost less.

OP considering what they did with crafting gen 1 I do belive they will cost the same if not more in the store to not devalue the ingame options of getting them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1