POLL: Would you like an optional way to account-share map progression?

For or against?F  

53 members have voted

1. 1. For or against?F

The way I see it, and to help ANet fund the game, it could an item that sells for 300 gems and unlock your maximum map progression on the character you're currently logged in;

There could restrictions such as "Character must be level 80" so you don't unlock 100% of the game's hearts at level 1 and find yourself unable to level up through traditional means

But all in all, it could be a neat thing to have, especially for those of us who enjoy having the same class on different races.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

Even if your proposed item was selling for 10,000 gems, wouldn't this make it far more efficient to buy your way to 100% map completion than to actually run the content with an alt? I understand wanting this convenience across all of your characters, but given the things they've already put in the gem store to help with this (WP bundles, 80 boosters, teleport to friend), I feel like there'd be a huge backlash if suddenly those items were inferior to the new one you propose.

Map completion is also used in the creation of legendaries (not to mention the many rewards you get from each map completed), so I'd wonder what the negative impact might be on the economy if it abruptly became easier to get your gift of exploration and map clear loot.

I understand the basis for wanting this, I just think there are too many things attached to it that could go very wonky very fast.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Why do you guys want to monetize everything nowadays

For two reasons:

- More money to ANet = They're happy to see that the game generates revenue = They keep investing in it and producing new content

- I personally rarely use my wallet for this. I'd say 80% of what I purchase off the gem store, I got it by exchanging gold for gems.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 8

They already sell waypoint unlocks in the gem store (although they're more expensive than you want it to be). The rest of map completion isn't required for anything except getting the Gift of Exploration to make a legendary weapon, and I doubt Anet is going to sell that in the gem store.

1 hour ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

@op: you propose a way to avoid completing content so that Anet can fund making more content? 🤔

Re-exploring maps you've already been to isn't new content.

Just because I can now see the map and teleport there directly doesn't mean I don't have loads of masteries, collections, achievements, METAs and whatnot to complete in said map.

Edited by Aodlop.1907
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

47 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

Re-exploring maps you've already been do isn't new content.

Just because I can now see the map and teleport there directly doesn't mean I don't have loads of masteries, collections, achievements, METAs and whatnot to complete in said map.

Teleport to people on that map stones are what you are looking for or the map tomes.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World_Portal_Tome

Why not go the whole hog and have a big red button for sale on the BLTC for 20k gems. When you press it, it completes every map, gives you every achievment, title, full legendary equipment, fires a rocket into the air to the tune of one of Sousa's marches and when it explodes it spells out the words "I iz Leet"

Honestly, isn't the whole point of a MMORPG to explore and quest and kill stuff? If you're not going to do that kind of stuff why do you log in?

Big no.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Andy.5981 said:

Honestly, isn't the whole point of a MMORPG to explore and quest and kill stuff? If you're not going to do that kind of stuff why do you log in?

>>>>

59 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

Re-exploring maps you've already been to isn't new content.

Edited by Aodlop.1907
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

I wouldn't be against a "heart completion token" or something, exploring the maps is very cool, and as others mentioned, there's a lot of things that makes this very easy to do, but Hearts, it's always the Hearts that are a slog lol.
Either the token, or Anet reworking some Hearts, i would settle for that as well.

But getting the entire map completed in one click, just like that, is a big no lol.

But looking at it, there's no need to be a Gem Store item, we already have the HP completion things from WvW, so this token could be some new material/currency sink, and working just like the HP ones, you buy the token and one random heart is completed.

Edited by Brandon Uzumaki.1524

1 hour ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

Re-exploring maps you've already been to isn't new content.

So...you do a world boss once and never again? Each fractal | meta | strike | etc once...and never again? You do realize this is an MMO you are playing? Repetition is usually part of that experience. Otherwise, we'd play single player RPGs, which can be crafted quite different and provide that one-and-done experience very well.

You can get waypoints unlocked via the gem store, the world boss & maguuma portal stones to unlock more and take you to those locations when a boss or event is active, season portal scrolls, lounge waypointing, and use an exit from a guild hall. With mounts, getting to any additional waypoints or locations is fairly trivial.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Map completion is part of creating a gen 1 legendary. Would your proposed unlock item automatically grant two gifts of exploration?

I would choose optional account wide maps' exploration, so you can use waypoints and see everything on map with any character. But to get rewards, you would need to complete again. This could be done with button to switch between account's map and character's map.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

>>>>

Why don't you answer the post who wrote that stuff like a waypoint pass and teleport to friends exist?

Or just say it short, you want a cheap way to get stuff done you dont like. No need hold onto the argument "anet could profit from it". Anet already does profit from the way they do it even more, than what you have in mind.

Everytime this "anet would profit from this" blah blah when in reality the only one who would profit from this is you people, uff ...

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I still enjoy doing stuff on the other chars. Only thing I dislike is: It does not show the uncovered "areas" with a counter. While those are only relevant for the achievement (only needing to uncover each of them once) i still like to uncover them with all the other chars as well.

And some do not have stuff needed for the map completion - so you might "forget" about them if not checking at the wiki or looking closely at the map (or remembering easy to miss ones).

For waypoints they already sell the unlock packages which afaik cost a lot more than just 300 gems. And as others mentioned: map completion is used for legendaries (the map completion rewards - especially the world completion from core maps is a task that takes a long time).

So: No ... do not need other ways here to share progress. But maybe having all of the map "uncovered" (the areas where the fog gers removed when getting close to it) - would be a nice thing. While you still have to do map completion yourself.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Haha 1