What do you think Rune of the Bladesworn should be?

Mungrul.9358

Myself, I'd go for:

1: +25 Power

2: +35 Ferocity

3: +50 Power

4: +65 Ferocity

5: +100 Power

6: +125 Ferocity and...

6 is the hard one.

Increased damage while attacking with the gunsaber?

Increased Flow while attacking with the gunsaber?

Increased Flow while attacking with the pistol?

Skills that recharge ammo recharge 1 extra ammo?

Edited by Mungrul.9358
thinking things
  • Like 2

• Mungrul.9358 changed the title to What do you think Rune of the Bladesworn should be?
6 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Shorten the cast time of the "I'm a sitting duck charging my kamehameha".

Maybe it will let you play something other than shout spam.

This actually raises a really good point about how broken BS is.

First, you have to spend time building up flow (much longer than it would take to build up the equivalent adrenaline), and then you have to charge your actual attack, whereas a Burst is immediately available.

If effect, you have to build up a resource, then you have to pay to use said resource.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

This actually raises a really good point about how broken BS is.

First, you have to spend time building up flow (much longer than it would take to build up the equivalent adrenaline), and then you have to charge your actual attack, whereas a Burst is immediately available.

If effect, you have to build up a resource, then you have to pay to use said resource.

Already on spec reveal it was obvious there was a problem with the design. Maybe it fits for necro, where you can actually sit in one place and tank dmg... for war no.

12 hours ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Myself, I'd go for:

1: +25 Power

2: +35 Ferocity

3: +50 Power

4: +65 Ferocity

5: +100 Power

6: +125 Ferocity and...

6 is the hard one.

Increased damage while attacking with the gunsaber?

Increased Flow while attacking with the gunsaber?

Increased Flow while attacking with the pistol?

Skills that recharge ammo recharge 1 extra ammo?

50% increased damage when not using any shouts.
But i think people would not use it then, because bladesworn = Shoutsworn. without shouts its just meh.

Edited by Sahne.6950

55 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I'm holding out the EoD runes sets are still coming ... if they do, I speculate something like:

+power, +stability duration, hitting with an explosion grants Fury

we don't need more fury though...

Power/Precision would be my guess thematically. 6th bonus would be best with explosions, though who knows what they would actually give there. A defensive boon would be nice, though quickness or barrier would be too, just no more fury as we have plenty of that boon already.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Power/Precision would be my guess thematically. 6th bonus would be best with explosions, though who knows what they would actually give there. A defensive boon would be nice, though quickness or barrier would be too, just no more fury as we have plenty of that boon already.

Sure ... but I have no reason to think Rune designs are about what a spec needs. There are some BAD spec-themed runes out there, and it's not because the specs needed the things on them. 

Are we speculating what Anet would do here or just suggesting the runeset we would like to get?

I suspect Anet would provide power, a minor set of skills that would enhance some core trait/themes and a #6 that would do something on explosions. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

kitten, when the rune might create better synergy with the spec than a whole kitten minor GM.

On another note, I would like an explosion trait or a gadget one (if they ever made the armaments gadgets), as i'd love to play with something on engi too. 

Something like, explosions also affect enemies around the target(s) and inflict vulnerability one foes? 

9 hours ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

I thought Ferocity would be more in-line with the spec than Precision personally, as it's all about pushing that one, big hit as high as it can go, and it synergises nicely with Burst Precision.

It's a samurai and his katana, idk, seems like precision fits better to me, on the weeb posture for 1 single cut burst to be deadly.

+ BSw have some crit problems, especially on their main damage, being 1 single hit.

Edited by Zizekent.2398